• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Was browsing for info online, some cool stuff:

- The game was partially inspired by the combat/flow of that Bad Motherfucker music video
- Cliff Bleszinski designed a level for the game
- A recently added mechanic lets you slow time while falling
- At the time, it was the fastest game to be Greenlit on Steam (5 days)

Hmm, interesting. Could've guessed that was their inspiration.

We need a gif of that. Would be sick.
Yup, that's bullet collision!
superhot_bullet_collision_by_digi_matrix-d9syayg.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aww, 25$? Will the special edition be up to purchase too or was that backer only?

Backer-only barring a last minute change. All of the game's depots are just WML mains (WML being my slack way of saying "Windows, Mac and Linux").

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Very well. When you glance through their KS updates, almost every one had some kind of notable progress.

Only """bad""" news was when they delayed after getting a big external investor, and it's visually obvious that they've made the most of that in the final product.

From IGN's Dan Stapleton
I like how we're working on reviews of Devil Daggers and Superhot at the same time today - they're basically the antithesis of each other.
If you've played Devil Daggers, that probably gives you a good idea of this game's pacing

Any news on the specs? Nothing on Can I Run It yet...
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2,40 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 (1024 MB Ram)
Storage: 3 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core I5-4440 3,10 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 (2048 MB Ram)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2,40 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 (1024 MB Ram)

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core I5-4440 3,10 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 (2048 MB Ram)

Thanks.

Also: Thanks for the link to Super Hotline Miami. I spent a couple of hours with it today and want a full blown version now. :)

Hektor

Just got an email, the steamkeys are going out right now:

Dearest Backer!
The long wait is almost over. It has been a long, challenging, exciting road but we have never been closer to the finish line!

SUPERHOT RELEASES TOMORROW

This would not have been possible without you. Thanks to your invaluable support and help, in just a few short hours we'll be able to present you with the complete, definitive SUPERHOT experience.

We sincerely hope that you will have as much fun playing it as we had while developing it.

Your SUPERHOT copy should soon be available through Humble Bundle. The codes you get will allow you to unlock the game tomorrow on Steam.

A DRM-free version will be available a wee bit later.

Hawk SE

Just got an email, the steamkeys are going out right now:

I haven't gotten that Backer email yet, but that's promising.

I'm certainly irked that press have had keys for almost a week to review the game while backers have had to wait. But so long as keys are coming just before or on release day, I'll be happy.

Some tantalizing details from the email:
- Story.exe - Fight through over 30 increasingly difficult levels and delve into SUPERHOT twisted plot.

- Secrets - Explore levels and discover a little bit more about SUPERHOT’s story

Stay tuned, because in future we plan to release a bunch of additional content for SUPERHOT.

Because you are so awesome we decided not to charge a dime for that. Yep, all new material will be available for free!

There is a lot of ideas and concepts that we had to leave out while working on SUPERHOT. We definitely want to share those with you in the future.

Thanks for the heads up! Between this and Devil Daggers it's been a great month for creative shooters.
Two creative shooters that couldn't be more different from eachother :p

Lightning fast old-school pace versus practically turn-based combat
Detailed grim low-fi versus stylized minimalism
Unlimited hailstorm of bullets versus deliberately limited ammo

SZips

Some tantalizing details from the email:

They're planning on adding a bunch of post-release content?

Interesting. I honestly did not know this and I'm reviewing the game right now. Not that it has any impact on my score or anything, but that's really awesome to know.

AHA-Lambda

Glad I got in on $14 now =/

Got an email from them and they claim that any future content will be free :D
however, from the wording of the email it's difficult to tell if this means backers or all owners =/

Also, looks like keys are up on Humble! :D

EDIT: whoops. looks like I'm late on that info then

A cool comment I saw on the Steam forums from a reviewer/streamer who has the game atm:
Can't go into detail yet but been gaming over 30 years (mostly fps) and this offers something very unique and challenging. It's almost as if they have perfectly blended a shooter with a strategy/chess game. Looking forward to streaming it tomorrow morning!

Huh, wasn't expecting this kind of praise. Interesting

Tweet from a Destructoid writer
SUPERHOT's story is one of the coolest stories in a while.
---
Almost reminiscent of the first Portal. In a great way

First review jumping the embargo line

Brashgames - 8/10

Huh, wasn't expecting this kind of praise. Interesting

Tweet from a Destructoid writer:

SUPERHOT's story is one of the coolest stories in a while.
---
Almost reminiscent of the first Portal. In a great way

So, Brashgames' critic says: "The game doesn’t really have a story of any kind", while Destructoid's video boy (doesn't say he's a critic) says "one of the coolest stories in a while".

Which is it?!

200.gif

Maybe Brashgamers' didn't pick up on it because it's not explicit. Or there's some stuff to discover about the story that's not obvious like a linear cutscene-filled cinematic game.

SZips

Just from some of those snippets both from the embargo breaking review and what some editors Tweeted, I feel like I need to revise some wording in my own review. There's a lot of very similar comparisons going around about this game.

So, Brashgames' critic says: "The game doesn’t really have a story of any kind", while Destructoid's video boy (doesn't say he's a critic) says "one of the coolest stories in a while".

Which is it?!

200.gif

Maybe Brashgamers' didn't pick up on it because it's not explicit. Or there's some stuff to discover about the story that's not obvious like a linear cutscene-filled cinematic game.

Believe Destructoid on this one.

So, Brashgames' critic says: "The game doesn’t really have a story of any kind",

That Brashgames review seems oddly general and nonspecific. Basically a lot of the info seems like stuff you could just pick up from trailers and footage. Doesn't mention anything about the other modes

while Destructoid's video boy (doesn't say he's a critic) says "one of the coolest stories in a while".

Which is it?!
He has good tastes though
http://www.destructoid.com/myles-cox-s-dope-picks-for-game-of-the-year-2015-331153.phtml

That Brashgames review seems oddly general and nonspecific. Basically a lot of the info seems like stuff you could just pick up from trailers and footage. Doesn't mention anything about the other modes

Also, loads of typos and grammar issues. But I do believe he actually played the game, he mentions it gets harder but not frustrating.

BraXzy

Excited to play this tomorrow!!

Is there any rough play time out there or do at not know yet? It's this something to experience in one sitting or something with chapters to chip away at?

The story praise had me very surprised and delighted.

Top Bottom