• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Probably an unpopular opinion but I am really hating the story so far. Gameplay is excellent but getting interrupted every couple of levels to get those unskippable dos chat scenes that make no sense is ruining the game for me. At least the campaign is short from what I've heard so I won't have to put up with it for much longer

c0Zm1c

Oh thank you.

BTW. am i the only one to get "Not yet. Soon" msg on killstagram.com no matter what i do? I uploaded replay but i can't find it, i can't go to my profile... i can't do anything.
Try clicking on replays from the game's main menu. It should take you to the account they were uploaded to (the account seems to be made automatically with a random name assigned). If they are not there then it might not have updated yet. The ones I uploaded yesterday were not there until I loaded the game up and checked again this morning.

ViviOggi

Any fix for the microstutter yet or is it gonna be another Unity victim

Feel like the last patch improved it a bit but it's still present

Xater

Any fix for the microstutter yet or is it gonna be another Unity victim

Feel like the last patch improved it a bit but it's still present

For me the microstutter is gone, but instead I got the crashes. I#d rather be in your situation and be actually able to play...

MUnited83

For you.
Probably an unpopular opinion but I am really hating the story so far. Gameplay is excellent but getting interrupted every couple of levels to get those unskippable dos chat scenes that make no sense is ruining the game for me. At least the campaign is short from what I've heard so I won't have to put up with it for much longer

yeah, it can be quite annoying. Just let me kill red dudes, that's what I came here for!

LiK

Endless mode will be your reward.

If you press "," you can see the enemies go out in real-time i.e. no need to move.

superhot_comma_by_digi_matrix-d9t5wkd.gif

CzarTim

Just looked at some of the gifs in the thread and I hear "this is the most innovative shooter in years". Now I don't particularly care for the genre in the slightest, so it looks same-old, same-old... just with a shiny minimal coat of paint. What makes this special? Could you recommend it to someone who hates shooters aside from the extremely offbeat, innovative takes a la Splatoon, Vanquish, Mirror's Edge or Portal?

It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

Mesoian

yeah, it can be quite annoying. Just let me kill red dudes, that's what I came here for!

Heh, this is actually pretty ironic.

Am I the only one who thinks workshop support and a 3D level editor would make this even better?

Imagine the crazy shit people would come up with.

cyba89

The corridor level is so easy in
Ghost
mode. :p

I'm having a lot of fun with the challenge modes. Interesting how small modifications to the gameplay change the possibilities in a level.

Only an hour in (so half way?) and I'm having so much fun. A lot of replayablity to try tricky shots and what not. Shame I wont be able to play it in VR though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just looked at some of the gifs in the thread and I hear "this is the most innovative shooter in years". Now I don't particularly care for the genre in the slightest, so it looks same-old, same-old... just with a shiny minimal coat of paint. What makes this special? Could you recommend it to someone who hates shooters aside from the extremely offbeat, innovative takes a la Splatoon, Vanquish, Mirror's Edge or Portal?

if you think its an FPS then I can understand comments of same old same old with a lick of paint. But it isn't. The fact the enemies don't move unless you do makes it feel entirely different.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Man I want to buy the hell out of this game.

But I seriously cannot justify $25 to what amounts to a couple hour long storyline and basic replayability options :/

But I seriously cannot justify $25 to what amounts to a couple hour long storyline and basic replayability options :/

You had no problem dropping $60 on an early access game like Street Fighter V, tho.

Salsa

I don't think this game is locked on Nuuvem

I can help people get it for cheaper if they want / have a hard time paying full price. tho its worth it

PM me

Hektor

While doing the
katana challenge
i found
some computer with flying fihes around it in one of the earlier levels.
What is that?

SimonM7

The gameplay loop itself is the game. In that sense, the "Endless" arenas are way more the actual game than the story mode is - which really just arranges a number of more linear levels in a set order and funnels your options in a way that you discover them.

When you're done with the story mode it all just opens up into a vast buffet. You just pop in here and there to play with some new modifier, or to make a cool replay or beat your own or your mates' best times/scores. All the while, the way Superhot makes you feel when you make those split second decisions and follow your creative whims, is the *thing* about it. That is always present, and the mileage you get from that is no more measurable in terms of "replaying a story mode" than a Tony Hawk or a fighting game would be.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
You had no problem dropping $60 on an early access game like Street Fighter V, tho.

Because playing online in SFV != the same replayability of a single-player only title?

Not sure what you're getting at as they are clearly different.

Edit: On top of that, SFV was a gift. So your point is moot.

Top Bottom