• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Because playing online in SFV != the same replayability of a single-player only title?

Not sure what you're getting at as they are clearly different.

Edit: On top of that, SFV was a gift. So your point is moot.

For someone going on about content being correlated to price, you have no problem paying full price for a game lacking in content. Even if you had it gifted.

Point is, if you're gonna be talking about price being related to content, you're gonna come off as a hypocrite eventually rather than whether it's a good enough game that's worth playing right now versus waiting down the line on a sale because you don't have the funds right now.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
For someone going on about content being correlated to price, you have no problem paying full price for a game lacking in content. Even if you had it gifted.

Point is, if you're gonna be talking about price being related to content, you're gonna come off as a hypocrite eventually rather than whether it's a good enough game that's worth playing right now versus waiting down the line on a sale because you don't have the funds right now.

"Going on about content being correlated to price"? I've mentioned it once in here lol?

The price being correlated to content is important, for me, as it also correlates to current funds. I'm not saying that the game is any worse for whatever content it lacks.

Simply this: Game looks great and am looking forward to buying it. $25 price tag and limited sp content coupled with low current funds means that I can't justify, to myself, to get the game now. Whether that means I will wait for a sale or simply get it at a later time is yet to be decided.

Not sure what your issue with this is.

Zom

Banned
While doing the
katana challenge
i found
some computer with flying fihes around it in one of the earlier levels.
What is that?

I think this is spoilers
there are computers in every level, you have to find them and see what they tell you (only in main story mode).

Man I want to buy the hell out of this game.

But I seriously cannot justify $25 to what amounts to a couple hour long storyline and basic replayability options :/
Those replay options aren't basic. Each modifier changes up the gameplay in different ways, forcing you to adapt different tactics and strategies, to the point that each mode feels unique.

tesqui

I love this game. How did you all get it to run past 60fps? This at 120/144 fps would be amazing.

If you turn on Vsync it unlocks the framerate for some reason. I guess it's a bug?

Also does anyone know how to access the
secret
in level 11?
There doesn't seem to be a way to get out of boundaries.

Werd

Enjoyed
Katana Mode and Speed Run
100% (red times) was pretty fun, but the others so far (through
Bare Hands
, doing 20% for unlocks) aren't anything I'd play through without being tied to unlocks or achievements.

Does anyone know
Hard Mode
entails? Didn't have any more time to unlock it.

All in all definitely liking it, very fun mechanic and the graphical style really works for me. Though it does feel like it could use a couple more mechanics or enemy types or such. I'd feel a bit less positive about the purchase if I had paid the $25 instead of Nuuvem price.

edit: I guess we are spoiler tagging modes.

Have we seen any footage of the Xbox version yet? I'm super excited to pick it up but realising it's made on Unity has me a little anxious.

You need this game to run perfectly, right?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've been watching this game for awhile now and it looks seriously great, creative, and most of all fun. Makes me feel like it's a relaxing artisic 3D Hotline Miami of sorts. I'm not sure if I want to buy it now or wait a few months for a sale price, but at some point in the near future I'm buying this for 100% certain.

SerTapTap

Anyone having performance issues: Are you on the Steam Beta client? It's apparently causing issues with other games, Disgaea in particular. Wonder if it's the same, since I had no issues with this one but some do.

IMO, don't use Steam Beta Client. This isn't the first time I've seen it mess stuff up (and the update nags!)

Have we seen any footage of the Xbox version yet? I'm super excited to pick it up but realising it's made on Unity has me a little anxious.

You need this game to run perfectly, right?

Not really, it's almost turn-based, more about planning and thinking than twitching.

I'd be really surprised if it's not a solid 60 FPS though. With their art style I'm sure they can hit 60 at worst turning down some fancier effects. I've seen unity games run great on console, too.

Soulflarz

Banned
Found a hidden door texture thing in the level where you
jump down at the start, dont jump down, then when you walk off the edge to a platform, suicide jump at one end against the wall

lcap

Man, I'm getting so pumped for this game, the wait for the X1 version will be terrible, wish I had a PC to play this right now.

They should really make the SUPER HOTline Miami game a reality, so good.

Spoo

You can throw two at once?

Yeah, I don't throw two at once, just manipulating the AI to pick up my other sword so I can take it from him later -- the idea behind that run was to just bring two swords with me all the way to the end :D

Just bought the game, got a bit of an odd issue.

Basically, when I start up the game, its starting on the wrong display, and there appears to be no options regarding resolution from the main menu itself. I've restarted steam and that did nothing, so any tips?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Basically, when I start up the game, its starting on the wrong display, and there appears to be no options regarding resolution from the main menu itself. I've restarted steam and that did nothing, so any tips?

Alt + Enter to make it windowed, drag it to the screen you want it on, Alt + Enter back to full screen.

Marven

Hold down Shift and click on the Start Superhot button when starting the game. It'll bring up the Unity configuration menu and you can select the correct display from there.

Edit: Hey lookie there, I'm finally a member. Sweet.

Y'all are crazy if you don't think jumping is useful.

Surprise mothafucka
superhot_baseball_bat_by_digi_matrix-d9t6mii.gif

Y'all are crazy if you don't think jumping is useful.

Surprise mothafucka
superhot_baseball_bat_by_digi_matrix-d9t6mii.gif
It's insanely useful. You dodge point blank shots by throwing off the enemy's aim, you can jump onto the environment to gain height advantage, and you can land on enemies to instantly kill them if you fall from high enough

It's insanely useful. You dodge point blank shots by throwing off the enemy's aim, you can jump onto the environment to gain height advantage, and you can land on enemies to instantly kill them if you fall from high enough
I love any game that lets me do death from aboves, especially in firstperson. So satisfying.

kanuuna

There should really be an option to disable the flashing text in Endless mode. And also to skip that VHS reset effect - while it isn't a long animation, it doesn't feel as instant as resetting in something like Trials.
Also, maybe have that death cam spin in the direction you were shot from like a whole lot of (most, probably) shooters do. It'd be helpful to know how the hell I got killed if something came at me from behind.

ironcreed

Banned
I was checking out some gameplay at length and this looks really fun with the whole start and stop mechanic. Definitely looking forward to it on Xbox One.

chris121580

Game is just so awesome. Been playing it all day. Finished the main story, 15 levels through katana mode...it's getting hard now. I can see myself playing endless for a long time

Ananaz

Game is just awesome

It's not even necessary to fall on them from high, you can just flat-out jump on enemies!

XnYp7mm.gif

Game is just awesome.

Hektor

Anybody knows
where i can find the Terminals in Subway and Office? I know how to get outside in the subway level
big spoiler kinda

€: Done

DirtyLarry

I just cannot get how people can be apprehensive because it is $25.
This game is easily the most impressive FPS game from an introducing a never before done gameplay mechanic I have played since Portal.
If that does not make you interested I do not know what will.
About the only people I could see passing on it are people who simply just no matter what do not like FPS games at all.

Top Bottom