• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

survivor_second_chance_hdr.jpg

What's going on?!?

For the 31st season of Survivor, which will film in Cambodia, the producers have decided to do an All-Star season. Like BB7 years ago, they're allowing fans to vote on the 20 people they want to see in the cast out of a list of 32 players. No Rupert, Russells or Boston Robs here- none of these people have played more than once, and some haven't played in over a decade.

Unlike BB7, there are no "producer slots", but there is legal wording stating that it's a combo of "producer input and fan votes." Despite Jeff's interview below, where he'd love to let the vote play out as-is, that likely translates to: "If it's 20 white people or the 20 most recent people, we're not letting that rock."

And you may notice that there are 2 S30 contestants on the poll who are still in the game. Should they win the season, Jeff will play a Hidden Immunity Idol on them and all your votes for them will not count, and the person with the 11th most highest votes will be on instead.

One note on the numbering: Survivor: Cambodia is filming as we speak. But it will air in the fall, instead of the spring, due to this casting twist/stunt/way to avoid Worlds Apart II: Misogyny Boogaloo, and thus be labeled S32 instead of S31.

VOTING

Voting can be done here once a day here up until the Worlds Apart finale, where the cast will be announced and leave immediately for the game: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/second-chance/ Only requirement is signing up for a CBS.com profile.

Remember, only you can prevent us from having to see Natalie T do absolutely nothing all season again.

Also, voting is not geoblocked. So all you Awesome Aussies, Fanatical Filipinos, and Cooky Canadians that make up this show's diverse fanbase can stuff the ballot box as well!

I also set up a exit poll over at Reddit, feel free to add your picks to the group- should be fun to see how things look if we get a lot of respondents: http://kwiksurveys.com/s/ea4PoCJ5#.VUr0TCkuPSY.reddit

Potential Female Castmembers

female_castaways.jpg

Kelly Wiglesworth -S1- Survivor: Borneo, Runner-up
Kimmi Kappenberg -S2- Survivor: The Australian Outback, 12th place
Teresa “T-Bird” Cooper -S3- Survivor: Africa, 5th place
Peih-Gee Law -S15- Survivor: China, 5th place
Monica Padilla -S19- Survivor: Samoa, 7th place
Natalie Tenerelli -S22- Survivor: Redemption Island, 3rd place
Stephanie Valencia -S22- Survivor: Redemption Island, 14th place
Mikayla Wingle -S23- Survivor: South Pacific, 14th place
Sabrina Thompson -S24- Survivor: One World, Runner-up
Abi-Maria Gomes -S25- Survivor: Philippines, 5th place
Ciera Eastin -S27- Survivor: Blood vs. Water, 5th place
Kass McQuillen -S28- Survivor: Cagayan, 3rd place
Tasha Fox -S28- Survivor: Cagayan, 6th place
Kelley Wentworth -S29- Survivor: San Juan del Sur, 14th place
Shirin Oskooi -S30- Survivor: Worlds Apart, 8th place
Carolyn Rivera -S30- Survivor: Worlds Apart, ??? (still in game)

Potential Male Castmembers:

male_castaways.jpg

Jeff Varner- S2- Survivor: The Australian Outback, 10th place
Andrew Savage -S7- Survivor: Pearl Islands, 10th place
Shane Powers -S12- Survivor: Panama, 5th place
Terry Deitz -S12- Survivor: Panama, 3rd place
Stephen Fishbach -S18- Survivor: Tocantins, Runner-up
Jim Rice -S23- Survivor: South Pacific, 12th place
Troy “Troyzan” Robertson -S24- Survivor: One World, 8th place
Brad Culpepper -S27- Survivor: Blood vs. Water, 15th place
Vytas Baskauskas -S27- Survivor: Blood vs. Water, 10th place
Spencer Bledsoe -S28- Survivor: Cagayan, 4th place
Woo Hwang -S28- Survivor: Cagayan , Runner-up
Jeremy Collins -S29- Survivor: San Juan del Sur, 10th place
Keith Nale -S29- Survivor: San Juan del Sur, 4th place
Max Dawson -S30- Survivor: Worlds Apart, 14th Place
Joe Anglim -S30- Survivor: Worlds Apart, 10th place
Mike Holloway -S30- Survivor: Worlds Apart, ??? (still in game)

PROBST ON PROBST

And of course, Jeff must commentate over everything. Some excerpts from Jeff's interview at EW.com explaining the whole thing: www.ew.com/article/2015/05/05/jeff-probst-survivor-fan-voted-second-chance-season-31

One thing I remember from the Big Brother voting is that for the most part, the people voted in were all from very recent seasons—because, you know, out of sight out of mind. Are you concerned that you might get all very recent contestants, and that folks from the very early seasons like Kelly, Kimmi, Jeff Varner and others might not make it because of how long ago they were on the show?

I think that’s a good question. In a perfect world, having Kelly Wiglesworth—who is the ultimate second chancer, because she was the first runner-up; she lost by one vote to Richard Hatch in the first season, so there’s certainly a little bit of nostalgia for someone like Kelly that you’d love to see—but you give it to the fans. And the beauty is, the people who are watching the show are telling you who they want. So if they choose everybody from the last five seasons, let’s go. I’m good with that. We have great people. I look at the people on this list and I’m happy to have any collection of 20—10 men and 10 women—and really, honestly, ultimately I don’t care. It’d be great if we had it diverse going back to season 1 all the way to season 30, because that would represent our entire run. But if that’s not what they decide, that’s okay. What was important to us was that we give you the choice. We’re giving you people that span the globe—it’s up to you who you want.

You are calling this twist “Second Chance,” and you clearly mentioned it’s for people that did not win the first time around. But you have two people in Mike and Carolyn that are still in contention for the current season airing. By having them be potential contestants in a second chance season, isn’t that a huge spoiler in big neon letters that they do not win this season?

Oh my God, I didn’t even think of this! You’ve just caught me off guard! [Laughs] As you would expect from Survivor, we found a way to add a little twist, a little layer of mystery, into the Second Chance voting. So the definition of Second Chance is, contestants who have only played once and never won. So, that means either Mike and Carolyn both lost, or one of them could be, ultimately, ineligible.

So how is the announcement of who actually makes the cast going to work?

Here’s how this is going to work—you vote up until the first hour of the finale when we’re live. We’re in Los Angeles, we kick off the show, we start running that last episode. And for an hour, the polls are still open.

Up until 9 p.m. Eastern.

Then they close. Then we finish this season, we have a reunion show, and in the audience will be the 32 people with their suitcases ready to go. And at the end of the reunion show, we will do a live reveal of the new cast and they will literally leave the studio, get on a bus, and start heading out. And what I love about these guys is they know that—they know that it’s going to be in front of everybody, and you’re either in or you’re out. And that speaks to what I talked about: that motivation. They don’t care that they might be embarrassed by not getting the votes, because they want it bad enough that they’re willing to risk that. That’s a ballsy move, to sit in an audience on a live television show and know that you may be told yes or you may be told no. And if you’re told no, it really is being voted out. The audience of your favorite show just told you, “We don’t want to see you, sorry.”

Remember kids, the only way to stop Troyzan from getting back on Survivor is to vote.

My favorites from the choices are probably Keith, Kass, Abi-Maria, Tasha, Sabrina, and Ciera, but there are some other fine choices, too. And seeing Shane finally back would be fun.

I'm so mad Greg Buis got cut at the last second lol

I'm more upset about Natalie Bolton getting cut.

kirblar

I'm so mad Greg Buis got cut at the last second lol
*Pours out an imaginary 40*

My dream list:

Women: Kelly W, Kimmi, Teresa, PG, Monica, Stephanie, Abi-Maria, Ciera, Tasha, Shirin

Men: Jeff, Terry, Stephen, Jim, Vytas, Spencer, Jeremy, Keith, Joe and.....I can't believe I'm saying this....Troyzan

Depending on how this cast turns out, the thread title will be changing appropriately, btw. :)

Kinda silly that you have to vote for 10/16 for male and female; it's more a decision of which 6 you don't want to see back

kirblar

I wish they would do a Survivor where the 1st or 2nd ones got voted off. They would be interesting.
I was surprised not to see Nadiya up for the vote from last season. Jon/Jaclyn would probably be on the list if not for their upcoming wedding.

Tevious

Wow, first glance at those pics and I didn't recognize most of them. I'm really bad at remembering names, so now I feel like I should look them all up and recall who they are. I added links to their wikia page to make it easier for people to look them up:

Edit. In OP now.

I'll edit that in for you! edit: Done, if you want to take it out! :)

Thanks.

Thanks for this - I didn't watch the last two season of Survivor, but I'm so down for voting some interesting players in for a neat season!

kirblar

Thanks for this - I didn't watch the last two season of Survivor, but I'm so down for voting some interesting players in for a neat season!
S29 is really good past the slow start, S30 is skippable.

Please vote for Shirin/Keith though, both are awesome! :) edit: Yeah, Joe too!

Grexeno

Voted for:

Abi-Maria
Ciera
Kass
Kelly
Monica
Peih-Gee
Sabrina
Shirin
Tasha
Teresa

Jeff
Jeremy
Jim
Joe
Keith
Shane
Spencer
Stephen
Terry
Vytas

Tevious

My 10 picks for women: Kelly, Kimmy, Peih-Gee, Monica, Stephanie, Mikayla, Ciera, Tasha, Kass, and Shirin.

I really hope that Kelly, Kimmy, Peih-Gee, Ciera, Kass, and Shirin make it. I also voted for the girls that were in seasons with Russel or Brandon Hantz. Might be interesting to see how they play without them involved.

My 10 picks for men: Jeff, Shane, Jim, Troyzan, Culpepper, Spencer, Woo, Jeremy, Keith, and Joe.

I had a hard time choosing from the guys. I kinda just want to see Jeff, Spencer, Woo, Jeremy, and Keith come back. Most of the others I voted because they seemed more interesting or crazy or because I couldn't decide on a 10th and "Fuck you Brad Culpepper!" was funny. I'll be changing my 10th vote each time.

_Nemo

Awwwww mannn where's Malcolm dang itt. Oh well, definitely voting for Joe, Spencer, and Troyzan atleast.

And wow didn't even recognize Ciera she looks like a whole new person.

My ballot:

Kelly Wiglesworth
Kimmi
Teresa
Peih-Gee
Abi Maria
Ciera
Tasha
Kass
Shirin
Carolyn

Jeff
Shane
Stephen
Jeremy
Keith
Joe
Spencer (don't care for him, but he's getting on anyway)
Woo (I can't bring myself to vote for Terry or some of the other guys)
Jim (ugh)
Troyzan (ugh)

As you can plainly see, I don't like most of the men up for vote.

Grexeno

Jeff's vote-for-me video is the best. I wasn't sure whether or not to throw a vote his way until I watched it lol.

After watching all of the videos, I'm taking Troyzan off of my ballot. Troyzan is promising not to be a trainwreck and to be a full on strategy bot. Not interested.

I'll just go with Savage I guess.

saunderez

Only ones I was actually sure about were Kass, Spencer, Ciera and Woo. Pretty much just donkey voted the rest of them.

If Kass and Spencer don't make it back at the very least I'll be sad.

I'm the same way :(

I wasn't a big fan of his the way Jeff and 3/4 of the audience that season seemed to be but whatever, I've been drinking a bit :(

It wouldn't let me leave the ballot unfinished :(

I know that pain. I was tempted to leave it at 6 votes, but I saw that I couldn't. :/ I almost voted Mike to be spiteful.

Jeff seems pretty funny, and I have a bias for the older players so that's why I voted for him.

ironmang

My list:
Wiglesworth
Kimmi
Teresa
PG
Abi-Maria
Ciera
Kass
Tasha
Shirin
Carolyn (can't really find a 10th I want to vote for)

Jeff
Savage
Shane
Jim
Vytas
Woo
Jeremy
Keith
Joe
Spencer (same as above)

Didn't even recognize Kelley immediately despite watching the entire last season. Almost all of that cast felt pretty forgettable except for Keith.

UberTag

My ballot... please feel free to make a case to talk me out of voting for any of these people and to vote for someone else. Otherwise, I'll keep these names locked in.

THE GUYS

Jeff Varner
Andrew Savage
Shane Powers
Terry Deitz
Stephen Fishbach
Troyzan Robertson
Vytas Baskauskas
Jeremy Collins
Keith Nale
Mike Holloway

Sucks we can only NOT vote for six of these guys. Here is who I'm omitting and why.

Jim Rice - Pre-game desperation and alienating potential tribemates before even making the cut for the show doesn't bode well.
Brad Culpepper - Monica didn't sink Brad's game; Brad sunk Brad's game.
Woo Hwang - I enjoyed his confessionals and his interaction with the kids but he was otherwise dead weight.
Spencer Bledsoe - Clearly doesn't need my help; this kid is golden for S31.
Joe Anglim - He doesn't need my vote; we all know bland Malcolm's playing again.
Max Dawson - Did absolutely nothing to deserve an invite back.

THE GALS

Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper
Peih-Gee Law
Monica Padilla
Mikayla Wingle
Sabrina Thompson
Ciera Eastin
Tasha Fox
Kelley Wentworth
Shirin Oskooi
Carolyn Rivera

Here is who I'm omitting and why from the girls.

Kelly Wiglesworth - If she's coming back for the survival aspects of Survivor and not the gameplay, she's in for a rude awakening.
Kimmi Kappenberg - She looks amazing for 42; that said, her game wasn't great the first time around and I don't need to see it a second time.
Natalie Tenerelli - She won't disappoint me, she says? She'll disappoint me by stealing a spot of someone more worthy.
Stephanie Valencia - This one is tough 'cause I consider Stephanie to be a little spitfire; no excuse getting sucked in by Russell with first-hand knowledge of his game.
Abi-Maria Gomes - I know she has her fans but she does a lot of posturing for the cameras and her social game is non-existent.
Kass McQuillen - Clearly the front-runner; clearly does not need my help.

Jigorath

Banned
Voted:

Stephen
Keith
Jim
Terry
Andrew
Spencer
Joe
Shane
Vytas
Jeff

Shirin
Abi
Tasha
Kass
Kelly Wiglesworth
PG
Monica
Teresa
Sabrina
Stephanie

llehuty

So weird that there isn't the typical blonde bimbo that gets voted out on 3rd week or so.

Also, all of you that want Kass back... Smh. Such an awful player and she is so entitled right now. It would only be worth it if it gets voted off by Spencer, but still I would rather not have her in this.

Do we know if this is going to be 3 tribes or 2 tribes season?. Balancing 3 tribes after the vote seems really hard, but I feel like it would be a better idea with experienced players involved. I'm also expecting some crazy twists.

Camwi

Man, I'm going to need to watch a refresher on who most of these people are. I don't recognize 95% of them by name and mugshot alone.

BunnyBear

Any true Survivor fan will recognise most of the people up for selection. Come on now! I missed China so I have no idea about the Asian girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom