• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, all of you that want Kass back... Smh. Such an awful player and she is so entitled right now. It would only be worth it if it gets voted off by Spencer, but still I would rather not have her in this.

Do we know if this is going to be 3 tribes or 2 tribes season?. Balancing 3 tribes after the vote seems really hard, but I feel like it would be a better idea with experienced players involved. I'm also expecting some crazy twists.

Kass does, indeed, suck. We finally agree on something!

And I think it has to be two tribes of 10 each, unless there's an extra twist that one of the three tribes starts out a person down.

Grexeno

It'll be two tribes of 10. After All-Stars that's going to be the modus operandi for all-stars seasons so players have somewhere to hide.

Camwi

Any true Survivor fan will recognise most of the people up for selection. Come on now! I missed China so I have no idea about the Asian girl.

Well, I've watched almost every single season, but I guess that not remembering names from the past 15 years and faces full of make-up means I'm not a true Survivor fan.

I'll admit that I don't know jack shit compared to most of the people in the Survivor threads.

suaveric

I don't get why you guys are voting for Keith. I thought he was a moron last season who didn't understand the game.

kirblar

Why are you guys voting for Keith? He was one of the idiots from last season who didn't understand the game.
Because by the end, he got it. That was the fascinating thing- he went in naive and dumb, by the end he was picking things up and trying to play.

Grexeno

You have to vote for 10 men and 10 women and there really aren't enough players I love to fill out 10. Have to go with some crazy people.

Zalasta

I would argue that Woo, after losing in the final due to his naivete in holding on to his sense of honor and loyalty, might become less predictable if given a 2nd chance. Could be an interesting pick for the next season.

Keith was one of the best casting finds in years. He was so much fun to watch.

You have to vote for 10 men and 10 women and there really aren't enough players I love to fill out 10. Have to go with some crazy people.

Yeah, really it feels more like voting against Natalie, Stephanie, Mikayla, Troyzan, etc to me.

Tevious

Also, all of you that want Kass back... Smh. Such an awful player and she is so entitled right now. It would only be worth it if it gets voted off by Spencer, but still I would rather not have her in this.

I'm picking people who I think would be interesting or cause tension and not just who would be good players.

Any true Survivor fan will recognise most of the people up for selection. Come on now! I missed China so I have no idea about the Asian girl.

I've watched them all, but most of these people looked nothing like they did on the show. Many of them are much older and are now all cleaned up with lots of makeup or without beards. I'm not particularly that great at remembering names, except for some of the really big well known players. The videos and looking them up on their wiki page really helped a lot to refresh my memory.

Anyway, I found out by looking up Mikayla's wiki that she and Russell Hantz had an affair... WTF.

flyover

Woo has learned nothing.

Yeah, he seems to think that he just needs to keep playing the same way until he wins. And if he doesn't win, then evil triumphs. Hope he doesn't make the cut. I mean, I liked him. I just don't want him back.

I like that both Peih-Gee and Stephen now understand that forging relationships -- and not strategy -- can be the key to winning (having learned that from the winners in both their seasons). Then there are other people, like Jim Rice, who think they just need to be even more strategic -- even though he was booted because he was already so focused on strategy that he forgot to treat one of his alliance members (Cochran) well.

How anyone can want Abi Maria back is baffling to me. She was so damn annoying on her original season.

I found 7 women I wanted to vote for, filled the rest with random choices that weren't Abi. For the men, it was the opposite and I narrowed it down to 12 and randomly cut 2. Might switch up my vote on the guys daily.

How anyone can want Abi Maria back is baffling to me. She was so damn annoying on her original season.

I found 7 women I wanted to vote for, filled the rest with random choices that weren't Abi. For the men, it was the opposite and I narrowed it down to 12 and randomly cut 2. Might switch up my vote on the guys daily.

Abi-Maria made for amazing television, especially with her complete lack of a filter or social awareness. She's one of the best finds of recent years.

Abi-Maria made for amazing television, especially with her complete lack of a filter or social awareness. She's one of the best finds of recent years.

Chaos Kass was less annoying and played a more strategic game if you just want someone useless to shake the game up and still annoy people.

BowieZ

Banned
Would suck for Mike to lose Worlds Apart and also not get enough votes because people think he wins...

PS I think Carolyn is winning. So I'm voting for Mike.

Chaos Kass was less annoying and played a more strategic game if you just want someone useless to shake the game up and still annoy people.

it's been brought up here and elsewhere but a lot of it is post-game stuff, too; abi has shown the capacity to reflect on her game and understand what it takes to win while being her entertaining self at the same time, whereas kass has largely been an obnoxious, oblivious dolt

I'm voting for both of them, and also Shane. Bring on the chaos.

Plus, as mentioned, Abi-Maria post game has shown some self awareness about everything.

UberTag

Yeah, really it feels more like voting against Natalie, Stephanie, Mikayla, Troyzan, etc to me.
Out of that group, Mikayla is the one I'm most inclined to go to bat for as far as deserving second chances goes.

Did she showcase any great Survivor player qualities when she played the first time? No. But she never really had the opportunity to gain any kind of traction due to Brandon Hantz actively going out of his way to sabotage her thanks to his irrational obsession with her.

Of all the dead weight on this ballot, I have the least problem giving her another shake because she really did get screwed over due to something completely outside of her control. Was she supposed to not be pretty or something? Brandon's a psychopath. I have nothing but empathy for how she got screwed over.

RangersFan

Wow, Jeff Varner has aged. Really looking forward to Savage, Terry, and Troyzan getting another shot. Also Tasha and Kass.

kirblar

it's been brought up here and elsewhere but a lot of it is post-game stuff, too; abi has shown the capacity to reflect on her game and understand what it takes to win while being her entertaining self at the same time, whereas kass has largely been an obnoxious, oblivious dolt
Kass makes emotional decisions and rationalizes them after the fact.

Parch

I'm actually amazed at how dedicated Survivor fans are and how much detail they remember. Or perhaps it's just how quickly I brain dump everything after a season is over.

I look at those contestant pics and go... um, yeah. I think I kinda remember that guy.

flyover

Kass makes emotional decisions and rationalizes them after the fact.

Yep. Pretty much her performance in a nutshell.

Out of that group, Mikayla is the one I'm most inclined to go to bat for as far as deserving second chances goes....Of all the dead weight on this ballot, I have the least problem giving her another shake because she really did get screwed over due to something completely outside of her control.

I totally agree. That's why I voted for her, too.

kirblar

Based on the survey so far (124), the cast would be

Women: Kelly, Kass, PG, Ciera, Abi-Maria, Tasha, Teresa, Shirin, Kimmi, Monica. Kelley in 11th with a decent sized gap.

Men: Stephen, Shane, Spencer, Vytas, Joe, Jeff, Andrew, Jeremy, (Mike), Keith, Terry. Woo next w/ a sizable gap between him and Keith/Terry.

Mike likely underrepresented due to it being online fans voting, but if he wins (which seems likely) the cast isn't bad.

These would actually make for a great cast.

Keith was one of the best casting finds in years. He was so much fun to watch.

I'm picking people who I think would be interesting or cause tension and not just who would be good players.

These posters get it. I like a good game, but I'd much rather have better tv and interesting castaways. Not sorry about it!

Based off of the way the poll is shaping up, I'm not alone.

Since I just started watching Survivor again after Rudy was in All-Stars, most of these people are foreign to me. In fact, my bad memory prevents me from remembering almost all of them.

I voted for those from the first two seasons, as well as Joe and Mike from this one. Their rivalry was fun, and Mike is a fucking badass. I hope he wins this one.

I just voted at random for the most part. I'd love to watch the previous seasons and catch-up, though.

kirblar

Since I just started watching Survivor again after Rudy was in All-Stars, most of these people are foreign to me. In fact, my bad memory prevents me from remembering almost all of them.

I voted for those from the first two seasons, as well as Joe and Mike from this one. Their rivalry was fun, and Mike is a fucking badass. I hope he wins this one.

I just voted at random for the most part. I'd love to watch the previous seasons and catch-up, though.
Watch Season 10, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 25, 27, 28, 29, imo. 12 probably wouldn't hurt either, although it's not that great - it just spawns a ton of returnees.

Watch Season 10, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 25, 27, 28, 29, imo. 12 probably wouldn't hurt either, although it's not that great - it just spawns a ton of returnees.

I guess I'd have to ask a friend to download them, because I have no idea of how else I would watch them.

I'll try to though, thanks.

I guess I'd have to ask a friend to download them, because I have no idea of how else I would watch them.

I'll try to though, thanks.

You should watch 12, it's a great season. Fantastic characters, although not necessarily fantastic gameplay.

Do you have amazon prime? You can watch a lot of seasons for free through streaming.

You should watch 12, it's a great season. Fantastic characters, although not necessarily fantastic gameplay.

Do you have amazon prime? You can watch a lot of seasons for free through streaming.

No. I'm in Canada, and I don't have a credit card or a job right now. I don't subscribe to any streaming services and there's not much around.

CBS is generally region-locked, too, isn't it?

I previously asked about Netflix Canada, because I would've subscribed to that somehow, but apparently it's not on there.

kirblar

No. I'm in Canada, and I don't have a credit card or a job right now. I don't subscribe to any streaming services and there's not much around.

CBS is generally region-locked, too, isn't it?

I previously asked about Netflix Canada, because I would've subscribed to that somehow, but apparently it's not on there.
If you google around you might be able to find them other places, dunno what else is out there.

llehuty

Also kirblar, awesome OP, forgot to mention it. It has pretty much all the info needed.

BUT:
Also, voting is not geoblocked. So all you Awesome Aussies, Fanatical Filipinos, and Cooky Canadians that make up this show's diverse fanbase can stuff the ballot box as well!
The lack of Europe love, smh.
Just kidding, thanks for the heads up, now I have one reason to actually go to cbs page.

xfactor99

I would argue that Woo, after losing in the final due to his naivete in holding on to his sense of honor and loyalty, might become less predictable if given a 2nd chance. Could be an interesting pick for the next season.

See, some people can't change who they are. Russell will never play under the radar. Ozzy will never be a strategy wiz. Coach will never not try to hog the camera. Obviously I could be wrong but I feel like Woo is the same way, he's never going to be a ruthless, take no prisoners type or even a good Survivor player in general.

That being said I would really like him back for this season just for some cast diversity. Seriously I feel like half the male options are the same damn archetype. Strategic, humorless, somewhat douchey gamebot (Spencer/Vytas/Jim) or old ass DILF who Probst desperately wants to be (Mike, Andrew, Terry)

Based on the survey so far (124), the cast would be

Women: Kelly, Kass, PG, Ciera, Abi-Maria, Tasha, Teresa, Shirin, Kimmi, Monica. Kelley in 11th with a decent sized gap.

Men: Stephen, Shane, Spencer, Vytas, Joe, Jeff, Andrew, Jeremy, (Mike), Keith, Terry. Woo next w/ a sizable gap between him and Keith/Terry.

Mike likely underrepresented due to it being online fans voting, but if he wins (which seems likely) the cast isn't bad.

These would actually make for a great cast.

I don't understand the Woo love at all. Probst's interview talked about how kids love him, so I guess I'm just looking at him from the wrong mindset. I think he's a lock to be a producer's pick, though -- he gives them badly needed diversity on the male side.

kirblar

I don't understand the Woo love at all. Probst's interview talked about how kids love him, so I guess I'm just looking at him from the wrong mindset. I think he's a lock to be a producer's pick, though -- he gives them badly needed diversity on the male side.
They're likely to get a ton of it on the female side, to the point where they don't need him.

Macka

I did love Keith in SJDS, but honestly...he wouldn't work on a season like this. We'll get exactly the same thing from him, and he'll either be booted early because he isn't a reliable ally, or bumblefuck his way to the end again but this time with absolutely no shot of actually winning. Why? Because what Jury of returnees is going to want Keith as their winner, the one who bested them?

This is my selection:
4wA0AtR.png

I'm not entirely happy with it, but this is the best I could come up with. There are so many better people that should be on this list. Even from the ones that were cut at the last minute. Greg & Natalie Bolton </3

Predicted cast:

Women
1. Kelly Wiglesworth
2. Teresa Cooper
3. Peih-Gee Law
4. Stephanie Valencia!*
5. Abi-Maria Gomes
6. Ciera Eastin
7. Tasha Fox
8. Kass McQuillen
9. Kelley Wentworth (because she's the hot young blonde)
10. Shirin Oskooi

* This is a pretty old group of women and there isn't much in the way of sex appeal, which is why I think that Kelley is pretty much a lock. The other 'bikini babe' spot can either be taken by Monica, Natalie or Stephanie...and honestly when you put those three names together I think Stephanie looks the best from a casting POV? She will provide drama whereas the other two have proven to be generally passive. Natalie is the hottest if that's all they care about though.

Men
1. Andrew Savage
2. Shane Powers
3. Stephen Fischbach
4. Troyzan Robertson
5. Brad Culpepper
6. Vytas Baskauskass
7. Spencer Bledsoe
8. Jeremy Collins
9. Keith Nale
10. Joe Anglim

Savage gets to play even if he doesn't get the votes imo. Shane is a lock. Troyzan is unfortunately probably a lock as well. Probst will put Culpepper in. ::) Vytas is a lock. Spencer is a lock. Jeremy as the only black man in the list is a lock. Keith is popular and has recency bias on his side. Joe is a lock.

Fischbach should get the votes through his involvement in RHAP, but I dunno...I kinda feel like this 'vote' is a bit of a farce and casting will just take it as a guide. Probst would probably much rather see Terry back, right? If Mike somehow doesn't win he's a lock and then one of these guys has to be cut as well...I hope I'm just being paranoid but I'd hate to see Stephen's chance to play again be stolen from him now.

Grexeno

That's my fear: that the women side will be full of worthless players who have nice bodies and the men will consist entirely of patented Jeff Probst alpha-males

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom