• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Michaela still being dumb.

Some manipulative narrative for Cirie. She didn't make it Jeff. She has to be pushed out of the water on the platforms three times by Sarah.

vypek

Ah, another chance for someone to vote themselves out with the extra vote.

When she said she is going to be the first person to play it correctly, I assumed that she will be voted out the same night she uses it.

Also, I'm really tired of hearing Debbie talk about her jobs

Cannot wait to see Zeke out of this game.

Dude could've floated by after the Varner disaster, but has to go on a power trip, burn bridges, play an awful social game, and is now on the outs.

UberTag

Love Michaela's casual reaction as she happily munches away while the votes get read out without a care in the world.
She's such a brat.
KuGsj.gif

DopeToast

Banned
Hell yeah, Debbie's gone!

A really solid episode. Good challenges, a reward, good strategy and a great vote. Nice to have a good, solid episode l after a couple not so great ones this season.

Pretty great move by Sarah. I'm expecting a return of "voting blocks" instead of mega alliances. Should be an exciting season going forward.

Mission

So glad to see Debbie gone. Aubrey and Michaela survive another week.

Sierra played way too big a hand there. "I see you and Debbie beside me in final 3" -- Oh you DO, DO YOU? May as well have said "at final tribal it will be clear you did nothing, and everybody hates Debbie; so by all means join me in the final 3 and let me take you there"

So glad to see Debbie gone. Aubrey and Michaela survive another week.

Sierra played way too big a hand there. "I see you and Debbie beside me in final 3" -- Oh you DO, DO YOU? May as well have said "at final tribal it will be clear you did nothing, and everybody hates Debbie; so by all means join me in the final 3 and let me take you there"

Eh it does mean Sierra will fight at least a bit to not write your name down. Nothing wrong with the offer really.

Unison

I love Sarah for saving the season.

The edit for the group of six was so bad we should have known that wasn't going to be a thing, but I am so glad it's not.

Michaela <3

h5Ath6W.png

I was just discussing with my partner, and we agreed that the 5 people that have no chance of winning are Troyzan, Zeke, Tai, Aubry, and Michaela (unless the final 3 was 3 of these people lol)

The threats to win are Andrea, Cirie, Brad, Sierra and Sarah. And they all have a great shot if they make it to the end.

Macka

I don't like Michaela at all tbh. Never liked her during Millennials vs. Gen X either.

She's terrible at the game. She's clearly not exceptional at challenges, since Andrea, Sierra, Brad, Malcolm and JT consistently outperformed her this season, let alone Ozzy. She literally just gave up on a challenge last week, which doesn't jive with her 'always tries her best' persona. And I know it's subjective, but I really don't find her brand of OTT melodrama amusing. She keeps trying to do weird sassy things at Tribal now, too. Eesh.

With that said, I'm happy for her to stay in the game for as long as she's helping Cirie. <3

Bubble

Neo Member
Glad to see Debbie be voted out. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the "kooky old person" archetype on Survivor, and she is no exception.

TheYanger

Finally watcdhed tonight. Michaela is so bad at the game this season. like, she wasn't amazing before, but she's impossibly bad this time. BUT...holy shit the tribal council shit she pulls. I fucking love this girl.

ironmang

I was just discussing with my partner, and we agreed that the 5 people that have no chance of winning are Troyzan, Zeke, Tai, Aubry, and Michaela (unless the final 3 was 3 of these people lol)

The threats to win are Andrea, Cirie, Brad, Sierra and Sarah. And they all have a great shot if they make it to the end.

I think it's too early to tell if someone has no shot of winning except perhaps Michaela lol. Adam was making colossal mistakes last season and still won. (yes I know his mother probably had a little something to do with it)

Thought that was a great move by Sarah tonight. Debbie is the perfect type of person to flip on since I doubt anybody is that sad to see her gone. If it was like Brad though it'd be a different story.

As much as I liked that this episode shook things up and I'm happy annoying ass Debbie got voted out, I feel like this really won't shake things up as much as it would seem. You still have a shit ton of fractures and in fighting in the new majority and Brad/Sierra/Tai/Troyzan are still going to be strong as hell and they have three idols among them.

This is nothing more than a small pause on the pagonging.

Kifimbo

As much as I liked that this episode shook things up and I'm happy annoying ass Debbie got voted out, I feel like this really won't shake things up as much as it would seem. You still have a shit ton of fractures and in fighting in the new majority and Brad/Sierra/Tai/Troyzan are still going to be strong as hell and they have three idols among them.

This is nothing more than a small pause on the pagonging.

If Brad decides to dump Sierra, she's done. Tai and Troyzan (with their three idols) will stay with him, not her. And Sierra just made a big mistake by proposing a final three with Sarah. To split the four, Sarah will have what Sierra offered her in her backpocket.

I don't get that Cerie love fest in that episode.
If Zeke went last and was the one falling and blowing it for his team he'd be a goat.
We get it Cerie, you have three kids.

If Brad decides to dump Sierra, she's done. Tai and Troyzan (with their three idols) will stay with him, not her. And Sierra just made a big mistake by proposing a final three with Sarah. To split the four, Sarah will have what Sierra offered her in her backpocket.

That's going off the assumption that Sarah couldn't get back with them at any minute. I think a big part to her making this move was knowing that they would end up mostly still wanting to work with her because they wouldn't want to work with the bigger threats like Cirie and Andrea and.

I feel like Sarah made that move knowing she isn't completely screwed if she flips. She got rid of the person that would be the most pissed and unforgiving about it.

I don't see Sierra/Brad ever dumping each other any time soon. Sierra could easily play that off as knowing she's the most likely to flip and wanting to give her something more than just being the bottom of the alliance.

If Zeke went last and was the one falling and blowing it for his team he'd be a goat.

Felt so damn weird and forced to me.

Catvoca

Banned
Thank god Debbie went home. Thank fucking god. That shot of Aubrey rolling her eyes after talking to her was gold.

Sarah came out looking real good this episode. Her or Brad would be my pick to win right now. I agree with the poster above though who said this'll probably still end up in a Pagonging

Yeah, I love Cirie but that was so weird. Probst just loves his "people are really changing on Survivor!" narratives.

VPhys

Glad to see Debbie gone, she was annoying as hell and her cockiness at the end did her in.

I think I'm rooting for Cirie.

I feel like this episode tried to get every bit of Debbie-ness in it as possible. She was cocky, she got her a job callout, she tried to pass off a lie and thought it would go perfectly, there was even a balance beam. The only thing missing was random screaming to emphasize something that doesn't need emphasizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom