• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

I can't believe there's going to be a candy crush tv show.
Saw the commercial for it yesterday and thought it looked real stupid. Just like 'Can you beat Shazam'?

Summer game shows seem terrible lol

Edit:
Game talk...seems like Michaela is the one in trouble based on that confessional

Zalasta

Not sure why they didn't confront Sierra about her advantage and what it actually does, instead of taking Sarah's word at face value, plus doing so would have exposed her duplicitous nature.

UberTag

I have to imagine idols are going to start to fly next week seeing how Tai and Troyzan have 3 collectively between them and their Sierra shield is now gone.
Especially if Culpepper wins the immunity necklace again.

Macka

Man, I love Cirie. She even has an amazing social game with her teenage sons lol.

Please let her somehow win this. Please.

Apparently next week there are two people booted, as the finale is may 24th, and they've never had more than 6 to start a finale. I'm assuming they are just doing two boots condensed into one episode.

In Survivor lingo, does "legacy advantage" always mean that's it's passed down from person to person? If so, I feel that Sarah basically painted a target on her back when she argued about how dangerous Sierra was with her advantage. That secret will get out fast.

kirblar

In Survivor lingo, does "legacy advantage" always mean that's it's passed down from person to person? If so, I feel that Sarah basically painted a target on her back when she argued about how dangerous Sierra was with her advantage. That secret will get out fast.
It was new to everyone not named Zeke this season. Michaela was voted out before jury, no one had seen S33.

_Nemo

Mikayla had a chance to make a move and once again like last week she got goated into someone else's wishes lol. If she and Tai worked to take out Andrea that would've been a move for her, instead she gets played again by someone else. You take out Andrea the threat, you don't take out Sierra the weakling just because they have an advantage.

Unison

Mikayla had a chance to make a move and once again like last week she got goated into someone else's wishes lol. If she and Tai worked to take out Andrea that would've been a move for her, instead she gets played again by someone else. You take out Andrea the threat, you don't take out Sierra the weakling just because they have an advantage.

Eh, she has a solid relationship w/ both sides at this point. I'm not worried about her game going forward, unless that preview was a hint that Cirie realizes she has to gun for her (this would be so sad!).

Honestly was surprised it was Sierra. The better move, but it really seemed like Michaela was going to let her emotions get in the way.

Why did it look like Sara and Andrea were confused when the votes were done? Acted like someone voted off, but it didn't seem like it.

jett

D-Member
Honestly was surprised it was Sierra. The better move, but it really seemed like Michaela was going to let her emotions get in the way.

Why did it look like Sara and Andrea were confused when the votes were done? Acted like someone voted off, but it didn't seem like it.

Was Sarah expecting Sierra to hand her the advantage or something? lol She had a weird look in her face.

Eh, she has a solid relationship w/ both sides at this point. I'm not worried about her game going forward, unless that preview was a hint that Cirie realizes she has to gun for her (this would be so sad!).

I think that's exactly what the preview suggests. Cirie looks upset, and I can only think that Michaela would be the one to hurt her heart to go against. Plus the first part of the preview shows her being aggressive/crazy with Culpepper.

Culpepper's getting kind of a weird edit. Super positive compared to his first appearance, which is nice, but he seems oddly detached/irrelevant to the events happening around him. I mean, more relevant than Aubry though. What happened here? They're not inviting her back a third time considering the subdued safe game she played this time.

UberTag

Starting to buy the theory that someone is eliminated at Final 6 by literally being the only person who isn't immune.
That's almost as bad as getting rocked out of the game.

Don't have one of the three hidden immunity idols?
Don't have the Legacy advantage?
Didn't win the individual immunity challenge you didn't realize you needed desperately?
Too bad, so sad.

That would be the kind of exit to screw Cirie. It would be like going through that Final 3 is really a Final 2 psych out from Fans vs. Favorites all over again.

How long does Sarah's vote stealing power last again? Is it Final 5?

That would be the kind of exit to screw Cirie.

Man, this hurts too damn much because it's so damn true. I could see it happening to her or Aubrey and being the reason they're kind of not shown much in the edit. Don't want to get people too attached to someone that gets completely fucked.

Andrea looked like she was reacting to Sarah's confused face

That's how I saw it. Sarah was acting confused in order to trick Sierra. Andrea saw Sarah's confused face and was like, "what's are you confused? You knew that Sierra was on the chopping block."

Also, half of the remaining cast feel like background players. Troyzan, Michaela, Tai, and Aubry are just kind of there. Zzzzz...

bill0527

I don't know if the other players are smart enough to realize it.

God knows if anyone told me they were gifting me their legacy Advantage if they get booted, I am telling NO ONE.

Sarah felt like she had to tell someone so that she could get numbers to get rid of Sierra. But the same logic she used can also now be used to get rid of her. I wonder if that even crossed her mind.

Unison

Culpepper's getting kind of a weird edit. Super positive compared to his first appearance, which is nice, but he seems oddly detached/irrelevant to the events happening around him. I mean, more relevant than Aubry though. What happened here? They're not inviting her back a third time considering the subdued safe game she played this time.

My hunch is that she's going to get bounced by a ridiculous idol play, which pisses fans off.

Aubrey fans are still mad about the Michelle win, so the producers probably didn't want to build her up again only to see her get robbed.

Catvoca

Banned
I don't know if the other players are smart enough to realize it.

God knows if anyone told me they were gifting me their legacy Advantage if they get booted, I am telling NO ONE.

Sarah felt like she had to tell someone so that she could get numbers to get rid of Sierra. But the same logic she used can also now be used to get rid of her. I wonder if that even crossed her mind.

I don't she told anyone that it would be gifted after Sierra was voted out. Because it was only played late last season no one in the game would know what the legacy advantage really does either.

Edit: Agree with you guys about Aubrey. It reminds me of Kimmi in second chances where she was playing a really good game and giving sassy confessionals but she got "voted" out in that crazy tribal council with the two immunity idols so she was a non entity in the edit.

bill0527

I don't she told anyone that it would be gifted after Sierra was voted out. Because it was only played late last season no one in the game would know what the legacy advantage really does either.

Edit: Agree with you guys about Aubrey. It reminds me of Kimmi in second chances where she was playing a really good game and giving sassy confessionals but she got "voted" out in that crazy tribal council with the two immunity idols so she was a non entity in the edit.

I'll have to watch again but I could have sworn she told Michaela because she was trying to get votes to get rid of Sierra.

J-Rod

Bit of a tangent, but I hate the family reunion episodes and the forced emotional scenes in general like Cirie's impromptu group therapy session. It's as if they take advantage of people being under duress and psychological strain so they can broadcast their teary eyed breakdowns on national tv about how their daughter/mother/SO is everything to them. It feels a little dirty, but most of all, just not as entertaining to me as the rest of the game.

vypek

Bit of a tangent, but I hate the family reunion episodes and the forced emotional scenes in general like Cirie's impromptu group therapy session. It's as if they take advantage of people being under duress and psychological strain so they can broadcast their teary eyed breakdowns on national tv about how their daughter/mother/SO is everything to them. It feels a little dirty, but most of all, just not as entertaining to me as the rest of the game.

I can agree with this.

Yeah, they need to bring back the auction and disgusting food competitions though.

llehuty

True. I think it's just there so that casual viewers get attached to the show and its characters.

vypek

That blackmailing scene wasn't nearly as interesting as I thought it was going to be. I guess it might come into play later cause it seems like a throwaway scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom