• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch dock has been pulled from Nintendo's online store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It was slightly worse than all this, but not by a lot.

With all of the Switch's issues combined, it still doesn't come anywhere close to the RROD fiasco. It's mind-boggling that you would even compare the two, I mean a brand new $400 console with a 40-60% failure rate that took 4-5 years and two console revisions to fully fix?

No, it's definitely the worst. The last one I can recall that was this bad for anyone was the Xbox 360 with its RRoD. While that was one big issue, the Switch has many smaller ones that add up. It was slightly worse than all this, but not by a lot. It'll depend how long it takes to get everything sorted too.

Slightly worse? RROD killed your console, these issues are annoying more than anything else. 😂😂😂

TannerDemoz

No, it's definitely the worst. The last one I can recall that was this bad for anyone was the Xbox 360 with its RRoD. While that was one big issue, the Switch has many smaller ones that add up. It was slightly worse than all this, but not by a lot. It'll depend how long it takes to get everything sorted too.

This is hilarious. A+ I love how you start to second guess yourself towards the end

Why does every excuse have "it's okay botw is great"?

I mean it's great that you can justify your purchase but it's not really helping in the hardware side of things.

If it's being officially pulled out then that's great. It's better to fix something early rather than later when the complaints are more numerous.

If there is one thing this entire launch has taught me, it's that there seems to be a whole lot of Nintendo fans that are their own worst enemy. Granted the same could be said for pretty much anybody that has aligned themselves with x company emotionally.

It's just sad to see so many literally implying that fellow Gaffers and human beings are lying about their issues in the name of trying to save face for their beloved company.

In reality, the sooner these issues are addressed the better Nintendo looks and the better it will be for everyone in the end after they have removed them from everyone's misery.

a flaw that could kill your console without warning (and did it many many many times) is "slightly worse"?

Switch has some flaws, like each console launch, but the narrative going on here is become more and more insane every day.

yophlow

Banned
WTH is happening guys?

A new console is experiencing hardware, software and usability issues. Standard with every single launch, I honestly have no idea why people expect otherwise at this point. I feel bad for everyone because being an early adopter is fun, but always risky.

Not surprised, the docks are of such shitty quality and the fact that they were charging like 80-90$ was completely and utterly fucking insane.

KOvNNR.gif

£90 for this? Scratching aside how the hell can they justify that!

//DEVIL//

£90 for this? Scratching aside how the hell can they justify that!
Same way why apple products are way more expensive than it should be. An 800$ iphone with 128 gig with full hd screen and 3 gigs of ram.

When an Mi5s phone has the same full hd ( with brighter and more vivid lcd )and the same 3d touch and 2 slim cards and 128 gig for 380$ .

Some companies ride their brand name and this is a new console. Overpriced ? Very much so but people buy. What can you do but wonder how stupid they can be.

Its not like you have a choice of your dock was broken for whatever reason.

If i am going to guess they took it off the stock to replace the docks that people are returning when they call customer support or when the retailer return the console to nintendo and they do replace the dock

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
At least Microsoft acknowledged RROD and gave everyone an extended warranty. Nintendo are still blaming fish tanks.

It took MS years before they truly acknowledged the problem and extended the warranty for the RRoD. It's been less than a week since the Switch launch.

//DEVIL//

At least Microsoft acknowledged RROD and gave everyone an extended warranty. Nintendo are still blaming fish tanks.
After one year and half they did admit it.

The revision of the xbox 360 code name falcon was released in july 2007. Almost 2 years after the 2005 model was released. Come 2 months from now, you will find third party docks that look sexier than this fot 30$

SgtCobra

This doesn't even come close to the RRoD, that fiasco cost Microsoft more than a billion and affected hundreds of thousands of people.

This thread sounds like nothing but conjecture, and all because the dock is not available. It's very likely they created limited stock and so it's not displayed until they know when the next batch comes in as the lead time (when it'll be back in stock) is likely too far away or unknown.

goldenpp72

This doesn't even come close to the RRoD, that fiasco cost Microsoft more than a billion and affected hundreds of thousands of people.

RROD cost me 2 360s, it wasn't until the Slim revision that I stopped having dead Xbox system. Still any defect is frustrating.

lol too good
10/10 bait, m8

Probably just out of stock, but if they're gonna do a revision, hopefully they'll send them to owners.

Markitron

RROD cost me 2 360s, it wasn't until the Slim revision that I stopped having dead Xbox system. Still any defect is frustrating.

I mostly used the PS3 last gen, only used the 360 for exclusives, and I still went through 4 of them. My first one died 9 days after I got it, the design of that console was garbage.

iMerc

I am glad I canceled my pre-order.

Has Nintendo launched a console with this many problems before? I remember the 3DS having some issues, but not to the amount that the Switch is having.

the switch is having issues in amounts equal to or slightly above the 3ds, no doubt, however these issues also appear being completely blown out of proportion between 'internet msg board gamers'.

think about it; you're posting in a thread where the subject is about an out of stock dock made to imply that there's something heinous going on in the bg somewhere with its production, or some culpable guilt connected to the few people experiences scratches on their screens.

and just a number of posts above, we have a poster implying that these largely small issues are somehow equal to OR worse than the RROD's that actually 'killed' consoles. come on. lol.
the system def need some fixes that will hopefully be addressed with updates, but imo the biggest 'real' issue is the de-syncing of the joy cons. i haven't experienced it personally, but it's an important issue nonetheless and nintendo needs to fix it.

but this whole thing that you're seeing; where a brand new thread is created over the most smallest thing and completely blow out of proportion by people who likely don't even own the system or even enjoy nintendo products, is more a result of the "trump-ification" of common sense, really.
new systems experience growing pains, and aside form the joy con issue which i believe is absolutely a legitimate problem that needs fixing, is the system is going through what all newly release consoles go through.

Dehnus

This discussion about the dock is interesting when you contrast it with the one about the plastic screen. In one case, folks commend Nintendo for building a device that can withstand a careless child. Here, if you ruin your screen when docking it then you should've be more careful.
Nintendo defense force. All consoles brands have them. On GAF they have been piling on and drowning out threads like crazy.

The same people piled on the 360 for the disk scratching or on the ps3 for the ylod. Both valid to pile on. But now they don't do the same with switch issues. And it bugs me, as a Wii U owner.

CEJames

Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man

Revision RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE!?!?

source.gif

Kebiinu

Banned
Feel bad for the early adopters experiencing various issues with the system.

Don't feel bad. Most early adopters are enjoying themselves, myself included. No protector or bells and whistles, and Switch is fine, dock is fine; it's great.

Markitron

Don't feel bad. Most early adopters are enjoying themselves, myself included. No protector or bells and whistles, and Switch is fine, dock is fine; it's great.

Agreed, the amount of 'Thanks, beta testers' posts in the various NS threads is getting ridiculous. People are actually gloating about not buying something.

With all of the Switch's issues combined, it still doesn't come anywhere close to the RROD fiasco. It's mind-boggling that you would even compare the two, I mean a brand new $400 console with a 40-60% failure rate that took 4-5 years and two console revisions to fully fix?

Very fair point. I look back at the 360 with such fondness, but your point makes me recall the seething frustration I had at the time.

This is nothing like that.

Dehnus

the switch is having issues in amounts equal to or slightly above the 3ds, no doubt, however these issues also appear being completely blown out of proportion between 'internet msg board gamers'.

think about it; you're posting in a thread where the subject is about an out of stock dock made to imply that there's something heinous going on in the bg somewhere with its production, or some culpable guilt connected to the few people experiences scratches on their screens.

and just a number of posts above, we have a poster implying that these largely small issues are somehow equal to OR worse than the RROD's that actually 'killed' consoles. come on. lol.
the system def need some fixes that will hopefully be addressed with updates, but imo the biggest 'real' issue is the de-syncing of the joy cons. i haven't experienced it personally, but it's an important issue nonetheless and nintendo needs to fix it.

but this whole thing that you're seeing; where a brand new thread is created over the most smallest thing and completely blow out of proportion by people who likely don't even own the system or even enjoy nintendo products, is more a result of the "trump-ification" of common sense, really.
new systems experience growing pains, and aside form the joy con issue which i believe is absolutely a legitimate problem that needs fixing, is the system is going through what all newly release consoles go through.
There bloody controller loses connection of you bring it together with the right hand version of it! There are yellow and blue screens of death! The OS is not finished! This thing is not ready to be launched. It should have been a holiday 2017 launch at best they just wanted to sell Zelda ate the same time on switch as they did on the Wii U. That is the sole reason it's to early.

Trying to you're on a phone, please pardon my grammar.

So, is it true that, as has been mentioned a couple of times, they delist sold out items?

Well I just checked it out and it's not giving me any consoles or BoTW off the store search, so we may as well assume the console itself and even the software has been discontinued lol

The price includes the AC adapter and an HDMI cable as well as the dock, but yes it is overpriced.

Ahhh, the HDMI that is hard twisted by the Vestal Virgins themselves explains it then..

Why would anyone buy one separately?

There is plenty of reasons why someone would want two. Two TV's in the house. Kids using the main TV, so on and so forth. I was going to be one of them, although that gif is giving me serious second thoughts - only for value to cost proposition - might wait for an aftermarket one tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom