• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

funo

My Amazon.de preorder (gray) says it will ship on March 2nd (ordered the second they came online).

I'll be on the Switch event in Berlin tomorrow (anyone else?) - I'll decide if I keep my preorder after trying it out tomorrow

I just checked my pre-orders on Amazon DE. I have pre-ordered the grey and the neon switch because I am not sure about the color yet.

Amazon changed the price for the neon one in my case to 178,50€

178,50€ for the switch???

WHAAAAT?!

Did this happen to anyone else? Can I count on Amazon not raising it again?!

Def make a screen shot of the page

oti

Banned
My Amazon.de preorder (gray) says it will ship on March 2nd (ordered the second they came online).

I'll be on the Switch event in Berlin tomorrow (anyone else?) - I'll decide if I keep my preorder after trying it out tomorrow

Mine says: Zustellung 7. März - 8. März
Ordered immediately too, but picked a Packstation as shipping address.

:(

Fxp

Yeah, I really hope they'll honor the price :D

KXyOMmL.jpg

Matbtz

I also tried too late...
On a sidenote the rollercoaster continue in Amazon.fr : 349 => 329 => 324 => and now 319€

jts

...hate me...
Have the price mistake too, but yeah I'm not counting on keeping it. 90% sure we won't be able to.

Surprise me, amazon.de

jts

...hate me...
Mine changed, too. It was good to fantasize.
I'd say you will be. Kick up a serious fuss if they try renege on it.
Heh, it was too on the nose tbh. I've seen this kind of BIG mistakes (console price was almost halved pre-tax) and there's just too much at stake for stores to take the loss, it's a whole bunch of pre-orders. I'd love to, but I don't feel like I have the right to.

spekkeh

Banned
Was starting to get pretty salty that I cancelled my Amazon.de preorder because I found it somewhere for €309 hehe. (Also because their five day delivery penalty for not having Prime can fuck off). Too bad for you guys though.

jts

...hate me...
More or less what we could’ve ordered with the savings alone:

Nintendo case + screen protector
Pro Controller
Spare USB-C charger
Joy-Cons charging grip
HORI playstand

D:

Kouriozan

I also tried too late...
On a sidenote the rollercoaster continue in Amazon.fr : 349 => 329 => 324 => and now 319€

I got the premium Wii U (350€) at 311€ on Amazon.fr at launch, would be nice if the Switch can hit that price.

UC9NoFL.png

And I wonder why it's still not "sold out" here.

Doest matter, they can rise as they want. The contract is beeing made when the article ships. This happens a couple of times now and always there was just a mail with "We are sorry, we fucked up, its expensiv again" in the end.
Im going to cite their own T&Cs

Whenever you pre-order an item eligible for our Pre-order Price Guarantee, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon between the time you place your order up to and including the release date, (where the item has a stated release date), or the date the item is dispatched or electronically fulfilled (where the item does not have a stated release date).

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Whenever you pre-order an item eligible for our Pre-order Price Guarantee, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon between the time you place your order up to and including the release date, (where the item has a stated release date), or the date the item is dispatched or electronically fulfilled (where the item does not have a stated release date).
Not when there are errors

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
As seen by multiple DeutschGAF posts including mine, Amazon seems to honor the 180€ price. I'll believe it when I see it, but I got guaranteed I only would have to pay that amount.

Haunted

As seen by multiple DeutschGAF posts including mine, Amazon seems to honor the 180€ price. I'll believe it when I see it, but I got guaranteed I only would have to pay that amount.
Well, that's a damn steal in that case!

I'm still slightly skeptical they'll actually do it, but that's awesome for those affected. :)

Waldini

Nintendo never ceases to amaze me.

329 for a console that is terribly outdated hardware wise.
NO game included. The only way that price is justified if its going to include a game.

Where can I pre-order one?

wazoo

Does not work that way.

Last month, they removed one Blu Ray from my command with the argument "the price you bought it is lower than the price we wish to sell that product". Other words "price mistake".

In Europe, you can cancel a sell if the discount is abnormal.

Matbtz

At least Amazon.fr sent an e-mail promising to honor their lowest price :)

I got the premium Wii U (350€) at 311€ on Amazon.fr at launch, would be nice if the Switch can hit that price.

And I wonder why it's still not "sold out" here.

I just preordered on Fnac.fr because it is at 319€ right now and with the promo code SWITCH30 your loyalty account is credited with 30€ (I have the basic fnac card not sure if this is working without it)
So it could bring a potential Switch + Zelda at 354€, not too bad imo

Cross posting from the other thread.

Chatted with the support.

I asked specifically about the exact price of 178,50 and she told yes, i would get it for the lower price. She´s going to note it in my Order and if for whatever reason i still get charged more i can reference the chat log. (I screenshotted it and got a log of it per mail).

Will fight for the lower price if i get charged more or just send it back when i get it.

Fxp

What did you ask and what did they say, specifically?

I asked about honoring the 180 euro price and this is reply:

Code:
Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.de.

Whenever you pre-order an item (only for products that are not subject to the German law on fixed Book Pricing (Buchpreisbindung) and pre-ordered after 26.05.2009) from Amazon.de the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.de between the time you placed your order and the release date.

Please note that the Pre-Order Price Guarantee (Vorbesteller-Preisgarantie) applies only to items sold by Amazon.de, and not to items (or prices) offered by third party sellers on Amazon.de's Marketplace or from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca or Amazon.com or any of its affiliates.

Don't worry at your order Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies.

I've included some additional information below.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.de.

As I already mentioned in DeutschGAF, you need to wait for Amazon's delivery confirmation.
This is the point when you get a sales contract.

Top Bottom