• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Those support answer seem rather some generic script answers than acknowledging that a pricing mistake happened.

jts

...hate me...
thank you for taking your time to write to us.

The correct price of the item is indeed EUR 342,82, like it was initially when you placed the order.

I can see that the price has changed for couple of hours, however, the other price was incorrect,
which is the reason our system changed it back as soon as the mistake was spotted.

I understand that you were glad to see the price was that low, but I would kindly ask you for your understanding
as the lower price was incorrect, and unfortunately we cannot lower the correct price now.

If the price changes in the future (but not by mistake), you will pay whichever price is lower.
That is the price guarantee.
How great.

Honestly it's what I was expecting, but it's no fun that some get the mistake honored, and others don't :/

Kouriozan

I got the premium Wii U (350€) at 311€ on Amazon.fr at launch, would be nice if the Switch can hit that price.

UC9NoFL.png

And I wonder why it's still not "sold out" here.

Soon.

dkl7t7h.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
How great.

Honestly it's what I was expecting, but it's no fun that some get the mistake honored, and others don't :/

I'm not so sure about the mistake to end up actually being honored, I'd be surprised if anyone will get the 180€ price come march.

jts

...hate me...
I'm not so sure about the mistake to end up actually being honored, I'd be surprised if anyone will get the 180€ price come march.
Alright. Well, I honestly wish that at least some people get it honored, even if it can't be for everyone. It's at amazon that I get pissed for the differentiated treatment, but I told them what's what and I'm letting it go. I'm keeping my order and I can't wait to get it, regardless.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So basically 300€ for the console then. That was fast.

We had the same happening on 3DS and WiiU - 300€ will be the standard street price really fast - Retailers are just being greedy at launch because they can get away with it for the most part.

I'm confused. The Neon on Amazon.fr showed 319 on the product page, but when I placed my order it shows 314.90, and now when I check the product page again sometimes it shows 319 and other times 314.90... confusing

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01N5OPMJW/

But this makes it cheaper for me to import from France than the USA! That's a first. I hope the user manuals, etc will be multi-language.

Shahadan

I'm confused. The Neon on Amazon.fr showed 319 on the product page, but when I placed my order it shows 314.90, and now when I check the product page again sometimes it shows 319 and other times 314.90... confusing

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01N5OPMJW/

But this makes it cheaper for me to import from France than the USA! That's a first. I hope the user manuals, etc will be multi-language.

I think it was just a matter of price in the process of being updated. Happens sometimes.

The zelda pack in is 359€ now, if it goes down again I guess I'll have to buy

Do we know if Zelda from France will have English language?

I don't like the European cover art for Zelda. US one is nicer.

Is there a Zelda bundle with the Neon console? I've only seen the grey.

Shahadan

Do we know if Zelda from France will have English language?

I don't like the European cover art for Zelda. US one is nicer.

They've said the text/voice matches your console language so probably. I don't remember buying a french only nintendo game as I always set the language to english. They're usually multi5.

Edit: Yeah only grey bundle unfortunately

jts

...hate me...
Now I have a preorder on amazon.de and another on amazon.fr. Plenty of time until March.

200w.gif

disap.ed

We had the same happening on 3DS and WiiU - 300€ will be the standard street price really fast - Retailers are just being greedy at launch because they can get away with it for the most part.

I heard from a smaller german retailer on a forum that his purchasing price is higher than 329, so aside from the big retailers like Amazon or Media-Saturn this doesn't seem to be the case.

wagamer

VAT adjustment. You probably live in a country with 24% VAT instead of the French 20%.

Well I think that matches, but the product price was definitely higher when I placed the preorder compared to what it is now. However my preorder price has stayed exactly the same (checked this from confirmation email). I guess my preorder price was already calculated with this 314,00.

Wil348

I have an Amazon FR pre order too, for the Grey joy-cons and Zelda bundle. €300 for the console and €60 for Zelda....I really cannot complain. :D

Are there any caveats for ordering from them? Seems like I should switch from Amazon.fr to La Fnac
The biggest caveat is that you get these 30€ back afterwards, so they can go towards another purchase.

Edit: the grey pack has dropped to 314€ on Fnac.com. I expect the neon one to follow suit. Preorder price guarantee in action !

killercow

The biggest caveat is that you get these 30€ back afterwards, so they can go towards another purchase.

Edit: the grey pack has dropped to 314€ on Fnac.com. I expect the neon one to follow suit. Preorder price guarantee in action !

Zelda is also reduced when you pre-order a Nintendo Switch and Zelda at the same time (50 euros). So that's 365 euros for Zelda + The Switch with 30 euros credited.

If you put the game at 65 euros that's a 270 euros console.

Zelda is also reduced when you pre-order a Nintendo Switch and Zelda at the same time (50 euros). So that's 365 euros for Zelda + The Switch with 30 euros credited.

If you put the game at 65 euros that's a 270 euros console.
Damn, I placed my preorder for Zelda + a console a couple of days ago, using the code, I hope this applies. I'll ask their CS.

wazoo

I have an Amazon FR pre order too, for the Grey joy-cons and Zelda bundle. €300 for the console and €60 for Zelda....I really cannot complain. :D

You should monitor your account for price drop.

I bought it at 364E but today at 360E it was not updated (because the pack does not appear as a single product), so I cancel the 364E and bought it back at 360E.

Putosaure

THANK YOU man! I canceled and replaced my order. And Zelda was at 50€ instead of 64€.

So I got the bundle at 364€ -30€ offered on my fidelity card.

= Switch + Zelda at 334€, amazing deal!

Fuck it, I preordered it. I still have time to cancel it or see if it drops even below.

Wil348

You should monitor your account for price drop.

I bought it at 364E but today at 360E it was not updated (because the pack does not appear as a single product), so I cancel the 364E and bought it back at 360E.

It was the same for me, I ordered yesterday for €365 but I cancelled and ordered it again today for €360. I don't think the price will go much lower before the release date but I will watch Amazon. :)

THANK YOU man! I canceled and replaced my order. And Zelda was at 50€ instead of 64€.

There is a Zelda bundle at Fnac? I can't find it. And Zelda shows 65€ to me.

Mato

Can you use that 30€ to pay for your Switch+Zelda order? Or does it go into your account and can only be used on a future order?

Top Bottom