• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Maybe Nintendo is just going to surprise us with comfortable and large launch shipping numbers.
35 days from launch, in this period of the year and after Wii U... I bet they have not reached 2 millions yet, which is their stock for day 1.

Joqu

Yeah, I knew I'd be able to get one for less than 330. It'll be that price at plenty of places, but you can always save some money on these things if you shop around.

I think I'm going with Amazon.fr
I'm comfortable enough with 309 and hell, it might drop even further from now until launch

Shahadan

It's actually currently cheaper in France and Spain than in America, and about the same in the UK (remember in Europe tax is included in the list price, in the US it's not). And retailers like Amazon and Fnac in France have been slowly dropping their prices every day for a while now, and still not sold out.

I mean the initial price was expensive to people leaving here to begin with, on top of being a weird price. TBH I was 100% sure to buy one at 299 but nope'd when I saw 329 and I expect many people to have done the same
People aren't aware of price drops yet unless they were actively looking for it.
Also anecdotal evidence but normal people around me in france don't even seem to have heard of the thing. *shrugs*

I think it's rather curious as well that it is still in stock here and not in germany and uk but maybe we're just a smaller market. Everytime I tried to pre order some stock-limited edition games, France seemed to run out of stock last. I never felt pre-order culture was that strong here despite GAME's efforts.

Nibel

They're sold out. They have no incentive to drop it.

Like Irminsul says

My hope lies on Media Markt / Saturn to give us a good Day One deal, because Amazon would honour that as well.

If these two drop the price then Amazon.de will do as well; that's my last hope as well and I think it could happen

I still don't quite understand why we have to pay 330 instead of 299 tho

It looks like they don't have the Zelda bundle offer anymore? And my previous order still hasn't been updated with the new price... I'm going to have to cancel and reorder? I would rather get the US version of Zelda anyway for the superior box art.

The zelda offer is still up but now it's only a 5€ discount so that the bundle rounds at 360€.

I have no idea how they will update previous orders.

I don't see the option to cancel my order in my order status page!?

According to their help page it should be here:

annulermacommande-illu-2.png

But my order page only shows the Help button... help me GAF

Manmedaz

It looks like they don't have the Zelda bundle offer anymore? And my previous order still hasn't been updated with the new price... I'm going to have to cancel and reorder? I would rather get the US version of Zelda anyway for the superior box art.

If you used the SWITCH30 code to get 30€ worth of Fnac coupons, don't re-order, it is not available anymore. Just cancel Zelda if you want to get it somewhere else.

About the Switch+Zelda discount, it is still there, but they changed it so it is not affected by the Switch price change. Thus, while you had a 19€ discount on the game before, it is now just a 4€ one, and you still pay the same price (the Switch went from 314 to 299, so it dropped by 15€). Maybe that will change later, there seem to be a new drop everyday - I sure hope Zelda will drop soon, 65€ is a bit too much to ask for it in my opinion.

Matbtz

The zelda offer is still up but now it's only a 5€ discount so that the bundle rounds at 360€.

I have no idea how they will update previous orders.

Yes the bundle is stil lat 359€ but they took almost all the reduction to lower the switch's price. So now it's only a 5€ reduction.
Yes that's a good question how they will update the prices, i'll ask them if I can via chat

Manmedaz

I don't see the option to cancel my order in my order status page!?

According to their help page it should be here:

annulermacommande-illu-2.png

But my order page only shows the Help button... help me GAF

As I told before I don't recommend that you cancel it just now, it might be better to wait on this order to see how the prices change and just make a new order in the meantime that you can cancel later if needed. That being said, to cancel an order, you just click that button and cancel every single article of said order.

If you used the SWITCH30 code to get 30€ worth of Fnac coupons, don't re-order, it is not available anymore. Just cancel Zelda if you want to get it somewhere else.

About the Switch+Zelda discount, it is still there, but they changed it so it is not affected by the Switch price change. Thus, while you had a 19€ discount on the game before, it is now just a 4€ one, and you still pay the same price (the Switch went from 314 to 299, so it dropped by 15€). Maybe that will change later, there seem to be a new drop everyday - I sure hope Zelda will drop soon, 65€ is a bit too much to ask for it in my opinion.

I don't care at this point, I just want to cancel the whole thing... I'm freaking out not finding a way to cancel my order or my Fnac+ trial (the 30€ won't even be credit until after the order ships, and my trial will end before that, I'm not paying 40€ to get 30€ back) ... I'll stick with Amazon.fr, Fnac was a mistake :p

I can't even find a way to send them an email... this sucks (not being able to read French doesn't help)

Someone please help. I want to cancel my Fnac.com order.

This is what my order detail page looks like:

1NSBzSr.png

qf6KetE.png

There is no option to cancel the order :\ And I can't find the page/link to send them a message (and not sure how I would do that since I can't write French)... HALP!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

There is no option to cancel the order :\ And I can't find the page/link to send them a message (and not sure how I would do that since I can't write French)... HALP!
Try to cancel through the FNAC iOS or Androïd app. On my desktop I have a cancel button that your don't have on your screenshot.

Manmedaz

There is a button missing in your first screenshot, "Annuler un article" (which was present in one of your earlier screenshots). It should be on the right, under the "Démarches et modifications" section. If it doesn't appear, contact them directly, it might be a bug. If it ever reappears, you have to click it, then check both products and click the yellow button "Confirmer" for validation.

orioto

Good Art™

Can't you do it from the mail they sent you ?

There is a button missing in your first screenshot, "Annuler un article" (which was present in one of your earlier screenshots). It should be on the right, under the "Démarches et modifications" section. If it doesn't appear, contact them directly, it might be a bug. If it ever reappears, you have to click it, then check both products and click the yellow button "Confirmer" for validation.

Yes I know a button is missing in my order page (the first screenshot I posted is from their help page). Google Chrome can translate the site and buttons for me on the fly and I can navigate just fine, but it seems like there is a bug affecting my order.

Currently downloading VPN app on my phone in hopes it lets me install the Fnac app.

Wil348

I'm tempted to switch to the neon version on Amazon FR, but if I do, am I guaranteed to get one at launch? I'm worried that they've gone past their stock allocation.

Manmedaz

Yes I know a button is missing in my order page (the first screenshot I posted is from their help page). Google Chrome can translate the site and buttons for me on the fly and I can navigate just fine, but it seems like there is a bug affecting my order.

Here's another way to do it :
Look for "besoin d'aide ?" in the footer of each page. Then select "Mes commandes et mon compte Fnac" > "Mes commandes" > "Annuler ma commande". You should the find your order at the bottom of the page, and you can click on "Annuler un article", check all boxes, click on "Confirmer", and voilà !

Let me know if that helped ;).

oti

Banned
I'm tempted to switch the the neon version on Amazon FR, but if I do, am I guaranteed to get one at launch? I'm worried that they've gone past their stock allocation.

I have no idea what's going on in France. Amazon FR seems to have limitless supply of those things.

Interestingly enough all my pre-orders (Amazon DE and Amazon FR) show the same shipping dates. 7-8 of March. And I pre-ordered seconds after it hit Amazon DE.

Mato

I don't care at this point, I just want to cancel the whole thing... I'm freaking out not finding a way to cancel my order or my Fnac+ trial (the 30€ won't even be credit until after the order ships, and my trial will end before that, I'm not paying 40€ to get 30€ back) ... I'll stick with Amazon.fr, Fnac was a mistake :p

I can't even find a way to send them an email... this sucks (not being able to read French doesn't help)

I use Chrome to be able to browse the site translated (I use Firefox otherwise).

foxbeldin

I habe no idea what's going on in France. Amazon FR seems to have limitless supply of those things.

Interestingly enough all my pre-orders (Amazon DE and Amazon FR) show the same shipping dates. 7-8 of March. And I pre-ordered seconds after it hit Amazon DE.

I preorderer a minute ago on amazon.fr and it says March 3.

KooopaKid

Banned

1NSBzSr.png

qf6KetE.png

Click on your tab "my pre-orders (2)" then "See the details"

Top Bottom