• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

mdubs

Banned
Hopefully we'll hear about a localization today then. Just speculating but if we go by what the poster said about a Namco-Bandai press event embargo lifting this week, we should be hearing about this along with the Tales of Xillia 2 release date which is presumably coming possibly today (they already announced the UK release date today). All speculation though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hopefully we'll hear about a localization today then. Just speculating but if we go by what the poster said about a Namco-Bandai press event embargo lifting this week, we should be hearing about this along with the Tales of Xillia 2 release date which is presumably coming possibly today (they already announced the UK release date today). All speculation though.

Could very well be right though. Since that would make sense. Wonder if they will actually announce God Eater 2 lol. With the "upcoming" patch that will contain the online play mode that would mean for the localized Western release, you guys should have online MP from the get go.

Let's see if Namco Bandai can pull through with another localization announcement.

Would be nice considering, seeing how there is a bunch of new stuff for the Vita and more announcements are just even better.

Could very well be right though. Since that would make sense. Wonder if they will actually announce God Eater 2 lol. With the "upcoming" patch that will contain the online play mode that would mean for the localized Western release, you guys should have online MP from the get go.

I'm hoping this and Awakened Legends VS today

Parakeetman

I'm hoping this and Awakened Legends VS today

Some of the characters in that game were so random. Like how the hell did you guys decide to choose this kind random lol

What's an embargo
/sarcasm

Bandai Namco have a number of announcements today (source: Twitter). IF there is any announcement, I will post it here immediately.

if there isn't, there isn't.

Considering Ill be up for a little bit more, should make for an interesting night to see if anything comes out in the mean time.

Some of the characters in that game were so random. Like how the hell did you guys decide to choose this kind random lol

I agree, I was left dissapointed Bleach only got 2 playables while One Piece, DBZ and Naruto got 3. Would have loved Byakuya Kuchiki or Kenpachi Zaraki.

Parakeetman

I agree, I was left dissapointed Bleach only got 2 playables while One Piece, DBZ and Naruto got 3. Would have loved Byakuya Kuchiki or Kenpachi Zaraki.

Man they should have put in Shinkurou from Kure-nai or hell lots of other choices, than the overly obscure ones... D:

Majukun

so,basically it's a videogame based on an anime based of videogames?
it's street fighter the movie:the videogame all over again

Stuart444

A few assumptions which should mostly be obvious:

1. Download only because otherwise they wouldn't bring it out

2. It will come out in EU as well I'm 99.99% sure on that even if NBGE doesn't announce it today

3. JP VA only again, because this is being done cheap enough to offset as much risk as they can (profit/sales wise) considering it's the Vita.

4. It coming out is a big enough surprise, I'm sure before the Asian English thing, people probably would expect it to be Japanese only again. (literally)

Parakeetman

so,basically it's a videogame based on an anime based of videogames?
it's street fighter the movie:the videogame all over again

Actually its a videogame, based off a light novel about a video game, that became an anime about a videogame, which further drove the popularity into making 2 video games.

Stuart444

No, of course not. Muramasa Rebirth wouldn't have had a physical release if that was the case. This is just Bandai-Namco being cheap.

Cheap, maybe but I'm sure it was either that or the game wouldn't come outside of Asian territories.

Like I said before, I'm double dipping, JP and ENG versions :D

If I preorder the taiwanese verison from Play Asia or something, do I get that preorder stuff? Or is that for the Japan version only?

Edit: Wut? Coming to NA? fuck da asian version

Ryuukan

NA only, EU vita owners:

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif

Puru

Bamco if you miraculously read this, what about GE2? :<
I have more hope for digimon at this rate.

Good news though, didn't really expect it.

Parakeetman

btw guys check the main page~

I don't even have a Vita and I'm excited for a possible EU release. Is the Vita TV still Japan only?

Japan and parts of Asia. Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Korea. No word yet on the West I think.

Stuart444

btw guys check the main page~

Japan and parts of Asia / SE Asia currently. No word yet on the West I think.

Awesome

Also I'd get a Vita TV if I could use my UK PSN on it :( I mean I have some JP games I could play on it but one of the games I want to play on it is a UK one.

Oh well, I have given up hope for Vita TV anyway.

I'm thinking there is no EU version because they don't want to translate it to all the EU languages whereas they already translated English in the Asian version.

Or has there been an EU game that was English only? I'm pretty sure some countries have laws that force translations, like France. Maybe just France.

Stuart444

I'm thinking there is no EU version because they don't want to translate it to all the EU languages whereas they already translated English in the Asian version.

Or has there been an EU game that was English only? I'm pretty sure some countries have laws that force translations, like France. Maybe just France.

There has been some EU games like that but I'm sure SAO will be announced at a later time for EU.

it's happened before (games getting announced for one region one week, and another region, later on)

Top Bottom