• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sylvester Stallone is leaving ‘The Expendables’ Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Bit old news but..

At first I thought it was an april fools but it was not. :(

Shame, I liked the movies.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/sylvester-stallone-departs-the-expendables-franchise-1202057171/

EXCLUSIVE: In a crushing blow to fans of The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone has washed his hands of the franchise. He has withdrawn from taking part in the fourth installment, even though, sources said, it would have meant the biggest upfront payday in his career at north of $20 million. The reason? He and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner could not find common ground on a new director, on the script and on certain qualitative elements of the film. That went right down to the selection of the CGI house to handle visual effects. The franchise has used Lerner's own VFX house, Nu Boyana in Bulgaria.

And it seems Arnold wont return either unless Sly comes back.

What a dilemma. :D

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...ng-expendables-4-unless-sly-stallone-returns/

I thought that series was his baby.

seinfeld-ugly-baby-o.gif

Sephzilla

My ideal Expendables movie would be pretty much an action movie hero crossover, with each star playing their respective action movie hero.

Statham is the Transporter.
Willis is playing McClain.
Arnold is a Terminator.
Stallone spontaneously switches between Rocky and Rambo randomly.

Post-credits teaser is Wesley Snipes showing up as Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man

Alas, my dreams went unfulfilled.

strafer

My ideal Expendables movie would be pretty much an action movie hero crossover, with each star playing their respective action movie hero.

Arnold is a Terminator.

Directed by John McTiernan.

He already directed two of the four actors already.

Stallone is rich as fuck and has maybe 5-10 years left in his acting career. Why bother with something he doesn't believe in, especially when time is so limited?

Corpekata

Banned
Might as well bury it without him given I'd imagine he's probably the one tethering some of the bigger stars to the franchise. All that will be left are the direct to DVD guys.

Arnold is a Terminator.

Post-credits teaser is Wesley Snipes showing up as Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man

And then make individual movies again.

Expendables cinematic universe.

norm9

The first one was fantastic. Shame it went pg13

The second's opening scene was great, which was wear they blew all their budget.

The third is pg13 to broaden the audience and lacks blood. It's fucking awful.

Yeah, they screwed the pooch. The first and second to an extent was fun because it was thesent heroes in all their violent and bloody glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom