• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS IV: A wild German appears! +50 DMG to thread privileges

stereotone

Neo Member
Out of Curiosity, How long before the convention do places like this start to get ready?

I think some exhibitors started assembling their stand constructions already beginning of last week and they have to due to the size of their spaces. Therefore I was wondering why no sign of NINTENDO construction yet. Cant be too impressive.. Signage/Graphicbanners are hanging since yesterday I think.

Not yet. Is famousmortimer credible?

ogJSn2T.png

Hex

Banned
So apparently (two sources so far, one from an employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer) Sony has informed retailers that PS4 won't be playable at GC, it won't even be shown outside the business center. X1 on the other hand is fully playable with 100 demostations. What does this mean? PS4 delay incoming?

http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=1&msgid=3300745

Says: "Seems about right, no PS4 at GC, internal source" and he later clarifies that they were informed via telephone conference about the situation.

bQXGqWA.gif

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
LOL at the title change. :D

So, Videogamer ia spreading lies that the PS4 is playable?! No. I rather believe that anonymous person. ;)

All seriousness though, thus "rumor" was questionable right from the start. Glad it got debunked hard.

Theecliff

Banned
I really didn't meant to come across that way,the answer I was expecting was that it would easily be on of the best looking PS4 games is all.

So you were expecting him to reply with some sort of inflammatory PR speak then? Why the hell would a dev actually say something like that?

Hell, you could even read his reply as saying they do have confidence in their game looking really good.

Sid

I can also extend my services to GAF posts.

You sounded like an assclown. I'm not trying to be rude bro just sayin.

So you were expecting him to reply with some sort of inflammatory PR speak then? Why the hell would a dev actually say something like that?

Hell, you could even read his reply as saying they do have confidence in their game looking really good.
Dayumn Sid, do you talk to your mother with that mouth?

Alright I get it.

Kyo

So apparently (two sources so far, one from an employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer) Sony has informed retailers that PS4 won't be playable at GC, it won't even be shown outside the business center. X1 on the other hand is fully playable with 100 demostations. What does this mean? PS4 delay incoming?

http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=1&msgid=3300745

Says: "Seems about right, no PS4 at GC, internal source" and he later clarifies that they were informed via telephone conference about the situation.

Kinda funny how such nonsense spreads from the Man!ac Forum to GAF without any credible sources being involved. I mean, I've been reading these guys for years:

Guy (the original source) is that typical electronics store employee who thinks he has superior sources for all things electronics related. My experience shows that any of his supposed insider information should be taken with a sizeable grain of salt.

Generyx (who "confirmed" the rumor) is a hardcore Xbox fanboy and a well-known part-time troll.

And all this brought to you by Krilekk, whose reputation already seems to have caught up with him around here.

What could possibly go wrong? ;)

Teddified

I think some exhibitors started assembling their stand constructions already beginning of last week and they have to due to the size of their spaces. Therefore I was wondering why no sign of NINTENDO construction yet. Cant be too impressive.. Signage/Graphicbanners are hanging since yesterday I think.

Wow, Thanks.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What could possibly go wrong? ;)
We have our own informant on that forum. Whee.

Do you know anything about the fallout of the bullshit Man!ac interview for The Last of Us that never took place and had fake details?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This thread is now about famousmortimer's review of Knack.
ibgPDPYeQOTssw.png

So famousmortimer is on Sony's dev team, but at the same time is responsible for a twitter-action "against" Sony to prevent them from using Online-DRM? I'm suprised Sony is fine with that oO.
He doesn't work for Sony. He knows people at Sony because he is a likeable chap.

CTLance

Not gonna lie, that was entertaining.
Ugh, browsing the maniac forum on iPad is not practical. Ew. Who coded that.

Gamescom cannot come soon enough. Only one more week!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This hardly seems like something to worry about. I'm interested in announcements and new details. Not worried about them having launch HW ready for the show floor.

It doesn't surprise me to see this at 4 pages.

It's like some try to fish for bad Sony news.

Top Bottom