• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS IV: A wild German appears! +50 DMG to thread privileges

Sami+

That had to be the fastest I've ever seen a bullshit rumor get shot down on GAF. Keep on truckin', FamousMortimer. o uo)b

Raist

Banned
My contact (janitor in the largest electronics store in Estonia) told me that MS will announce their final 180 at gamescom (hence why Spencer is giving the keynote speech).

The Xbox one is cancelled. MS's game division will be sold to Nvidia.

Guymelef

untitled90ug8.png

Is ekim banned?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
He doesn't work for Sony. He knows people at Sony because he is a likeable chap.

If this image is legit and not just a mock-up where someone put some names of people he likes, he played Knack prior to E3, this goes well beyond what I would expect just "knowing some Sony guys" entails. I doubt Sony would allow their personell to let their friends play highly confidential material before E3. But maybe I'm just wrong, however I'd be very surprised if Sony let that happen.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If this image is legit and not just a mock-up where someone put some names of people he likes, he played Knack prior to E3, this goes well beyond what I would expect just "knowing some Sony guys" entails. I doubt Sony would allow their personell to let their friends play highly confidential material before E3. But maybe I'm just wrong, however I'd be very surprised if Sony let that happen.
It is a mock-up.

StiLt

So famousmortimer is on Sony's dev team, but at the same time is responsible for a twitter-action "against" Sony to prevent them from using Online-DRM? I'm suprised Sony is fine with that oO.

Wouldn't necessarily say dev team. John Walker certainly isn't. Industry creds + solid contacts based Sony? yup evidently

I still don't understand why the rumor was even considered in the first place...the thought of PS4 not being playable at all IN ONE OF THE LARGEST trade events? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Everyone who follows GAF somewhat regularly knows Krilekk and knows about his Microsoft preference, i knew it was BS as soon as i saw his username as the thread creator.
There's a reason lots of people are calling him out. And seriously, if you're ever bored, just check his post/thread history, it's hilarious.

I'm pretty sure his friend(s) just put his name in there as a shoutout for fun, and that he hasn't actually played it.

FeiRR

Banned

Putting the exact person's involvement aside, you don't expect Sony to do some focus tests of their products before the release/launch of the console? Of course they've tested their hardware and games on tons of people not being their employees/affiliates. That's common practice if you want any valid and non-biased feedback. Of course those people aren't allowed to talk about anything related.

I still don't understand why the rumor was even considered in the first place...the thought of PS4 not being playable at all IN ONE OF THE LARGEST trade events? It doesn't make any sense at all.
Post something on the Internet and at least one dummy will believe you.

This hardly seems like something to worry about. I'm interested in announcements and new details. Not worried about them having launch HW ready for the show floor.

It doesn't surprise me to see this at 4 pages.

It's like some try to fish for bad Sony news.

Wut?

I'm sure they'll have playable stuff, Driveclub devs have been touting a new build and many are looking forward to that (including me).

Personally, I REALLY want to see more Watch Dogs on the PS4 since that's the launch bundle I'm getting.

dramatis

Everyone who follows GAF somewhat regularly knows Krilekk and knows about his Microsoft preference, i knew it was BS as soon as i saw his username as the thread creator.
Only if you're in the console war threads though. I generally stay out of them, so I can understand if some people don't know Krilekk's predilections.

I do though lol so maybe his reputation precedes him.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's a reason lots of people are calling him out. And seriously, if you're ever bored, just check his post/thread history, it's hilarious.
I've been on GAF for seven years and I've never heard of Krilekk, let alone known his console biases, haha.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wut?

I'm sure they'll have playable stuff, Driveclub devs have been touting a new build and many are looking forward to that (including me).

Personally, I REALLY want to see more Watch Dogs on the PS4 since that's the launch bundle I'm getting.

No, I meant that. Case in point, the TC himself. I don't even need to post anything as others have already noted his habits. Again, it's exactly what I meant.

Everything else you said I'm anticipating though.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Putting the exact person's involvement aside, you don't expect Sony to do some focus tests of their products before the release/launch of the console? Of course they've tested their hardware and games on tons of people not being their employees/affiliates. That's common practice if you want any valid and non-biased feedback. Of course those people aren't allowed to talk about anything related.

The "friend" part was important. Of course they have focus tests, but they are professionally planned with focus groups, not with friends of the developers.

Only if you're in the console war threads though. I generally stay out of them, so I can understand if some people don't know Krilekk's predilections.

I do though lol so maybe his reputation precedes him.

I've been on GAF for seven years and I've never heard of Krilekk, let alone known his console biases, haha.

Well, maybe I exaggerated it a little. Or maybe I just lurk GAF too much :)

statham

Are the Gamescom conferences on Tuesday?
Electronic Arts: 20 August 2013, 16 clock, Location: Palladium
Sony: 20 August 2013, 19 clock, City: State House
Microsoft: 20 August 2013, time unknown, Location: The New Yorker
Blizzard: 21 August 2013, 11:30 clock, Location: at the fair

Top Bottom