• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgmonkey

jiggle said:
he was asked about ToV though

He was asked about ToV, but Yuri and others have been featured in other Tales games, and he doesn't mention any specific title that he was called back for.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
gregor7777 said:
Nope, sorry. It's time to get overexcited. woooooohhhhhh :D
th_catwtf7.gif

Excitement!!

Firestorm

grandjedi6 said:
Of course this could quite easily apply to Tales of VS as much as it could apply to Vesperia PS3, especially if he's only recording new artes/moves.

Is that even easily possible though? The inclusion of Patty and Flynn will probably mess up more than a few scenes. Of course it shouldn't be too hard to just record Patty and Flynn and splice it in (key word: "shouldn't").

And yeah, I know I'm being overly pessimistic here. Its just that we've all been burned by Namco with Tales of locaizations before so I'm not very hopeful with anything. :/ But hey, maybe the sun will shine on us like it did for Vesperia in the first place and we'll get Graces/Vesperia PS3 announcements this February.
Or do a regular Namco Bandai localization. Who cares if it's awkward? Let's just put it out!

I'd trade all of the new content for exactly what the 360 got. I just want to play it again. Hell, they can even keep Karol exclusive if they want.

Stupid new content.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
We still need need a localization confirmation on Graces.

Every single day this isn't announced eats away at my soul.

Lynko

grandjedi6 said:
Of course this could quite easily apply to Tales of VS as much as it could apply to Vesperia PS3, especially if he's only recording new artes/moves.

There aren't any new artes for anyone in Versus that weren't in their original games though. The alternate voice clips (Souha!/Souhajin!, Azure!/Azure Blast!) are the same as Vesperia's. I'd like to think he meant new recordings of artes in general, which places it more on Versus. The thing about that is that Vesperia PS3 is still using the 360 voice clips for the non-new moves so if they were bringing it over, they wouldn't have to redo those.

EDIT: Actually at the same time, Symphonia DoTNW (JP) used the PS2/GC voiceclips for the Symphonia cast's artes. For the US, even for the voice actors that came back, we got new voiceclips for them. Agh, things! We'll find out sooner or later =P

Kagari said:
Honestly, if they released the PS3 version here with dual audio, and the same english track the 360 version had, I'd take it.

I am not a duel audio nut, but i would buy that day 1(and i NEVER buy games day one)

ZealousD said:
We still need need a localization confirmation on Graces.

I have given up on expecting Namco to do anything other than repeatedly flip me, personally, off with their localization decisions.

Rpgmonkey

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm more interested in localization of the Tales games I haven't played already.

Can't say I disagree.

Especially since out of the new content I really only want the bosses and mystic artes (maybe the dungeons too).

FSLink

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
Can't say I disagree.

Especially since out of the new content I really only want the bosses and mystic artes (maybe the dungeons too).
This, though I'd only want a Team Destiny game localized, I'm not really too interested in seeing the spinoffs localized. Graces or Hearts please.
But since they seem to avoid Team Destiny stuff, I'd rather have Tales of Vesperia PS3 brought over than Tales of VS or RM2. >_>

FSLink said:
This, though I'd only want a Team Destiny game localized, I'm not really too interested in seeing the spinoffs localized. Graces or Hearts please.
But since they seem to avoid Team Destiny stuff, I'd rather have Tales of Vesperia PS3 brought over than Tales of VS or RM2. >_>

I would sell my soul to have Destiny: DC localized.

Also, 'Team Destiny' does not really exist, but i suppose as long as Inomata(can stand most of her non-graces designs) does the art, they will be branded as such.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
From rykomatsu on the Dengeki review:

Tremendous amount of replayability, online ranking implemented, degree of exhiliration and strategery(? and sorry for using a Bush word :p) increased
-Difficulty selection allows for beginners, experts, and everyone in between to play
-A lot of new content
-Events can be skipped making it easier to redo boss fights in which you've lost
-Even from my perspective of having cleared the 360version, Patty fits into the story very well
-Loadtimes aren't noticeable if you install (no size mentioned)
-No complaints about the quality
-Heavy emphasis on playability is very positive
-In-depth battle system too (in reference to prior line?)
-Characters and story are good
-Lots of conversation scenes which are long
-Skits have 2 options; "See all" or "Skip" (no fast forward)

klee123

They're really going nuts with the costumes with ToV Complete!. It's awesome.

Graces looks great too, still don't like the look of the lead and the heroine.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I had to check if the person with white and red hair was a girl in Graces.

One look in the art confirms it, this character is a female.

MelloBoy

Neo Member
hm...my ToV preorder from play-asia went from "preorder/backorder" to "preparing order" and my card was charged..

they usually don't start preparing orders until Monday of release week...wonder if that means I'll be getting the ToA costume card?

MechaX

Kagari said:
-Events can be skipped making it easier to redo boss fights in which you've lost

It took around a decade of Tales games for Bamco to finally put in a scene skip option? I would say better late than never, but Christ...

Also, Tales of Graces is looking pretty fabulous. That, and it's pretty much the only JRPG besides Demon's Souls that I'm really looking forward to.

Hcoregamer00

lostinblue said:
And if so, the green suggests Sylph to me.I love how RED seems to always be loling at stuff happening.

Hopefully a prankster.

That would be awesome, I love having more characters with playful personalities.

If you want to save the world, being with fun and interesting people makes it SO MUCH better. I would rather save the world with the Grandia and Skies of Arcadia cast than the very serious Xenogears cast.

Graces is definitely on my list of games to watch out for, it is shaping up to be a SUPERB game on many levels.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Graces will probably be the best selling Tales game in awhile.

I completed ToS2 not too long ago... Graces does look noticeably better, but ToS2 environments looked good in screens too.

Random thought, has there ever been a black playable Tales character?
Well, their hair is always so colorful at least... I guess...

Hcoregamer00 said:
That would be awesome, I love having more characters with playful personalities.

If you want to save the world, being with fun and interesting people makes it SO MUCH better. I would rather save the world with the Grandia and Skies of Arcadia cast than the very serious Xenogears cast.

Graces is definitely on my list of games to watch out for, it is shaping up to be a SUPERB game on many levels.

But saving the World is serious buisness!

MechaX said:
so, Tales of Graces is looking pretty fabulous. That, and it's pretty much the only JRPG besides Demon's Souls that I'm really looking forward to.
Please add Arc Rise Fantasia to that list, you'll thank me later ;)
Hcoregamer00 said:

100% agreed.

On my account, I have serious hopes towards the red chick in all this (behold, here comes a post that could be written by doomed1). No one expects utter originality from a Tales and instead we expect cliched characters who were clearly inspired somewhere else... but this is not a bad thing, so...

In one of the trailers she could be heard kinda scolding the main character, she was described as "not very honest with her feelings" in her profile... that and... she is a butler (and a butler's daughter)... and she seems to throw laughing fits.

Where am I heading? Hayate the combat Buttler! (no seriously)

This Red chick could very well be some sort of Maria from it, who is basically the best character in the series. She's very composed knows how to impose herself and manages to see stuff from the outside at all times (and laugh at them), but at the same time she is not very honest with her feelings and... she's a maid. Lots of similarities.

Plus, she seems to be even more into laughing fits which hopefully means they stole that from Yukiko Amagi from Persona 4.

Not very original, but interesting nonetheless.

Hcoregamer00

lostinblue said:
Please add Arc Rise Fantasia to that list, you'll thank me later ;)100% agreed.

On my account, I have serious hopes towards the red chick in all this (behold, here comes a post that could be written by doomed1). No one expects utter originality from a Tales and instead we expect cliched characters who were clearly inspired somewhere else... but this is not a bad thing, so...

In one of the trailers she could be heard kinda scolding the main character, she was described as "not very honest with her feelings" in her profile... that and... she is a butler (and a butler's daughter)... and she seems to throw laughing

Where am I heading? Hayate the combat Buttler! (no seriously)

This Red chick could very well be some sort of Maria from it, who is basically the best character in the series. She's very composed knows how to impose herself and manages to see stuff from the outside at all times (and laugh at them), but at the same time she is not very honest with her feelings and... she's a maid. Lots of similarities.

Plus, she seems to be even more into laughing fits which hopefully means they stole that from Yukiko Amagi from Persona 4.

Not very original, but interesting nonetheless.

Having a "Maria" type character is definitely better than ripping of Hinagiku, Athena, or Nagi. After all, she is funny, interesting, and most importantly has a role as a member of the inner circle, while being an impartial outside observer.

Edit: High five fellow Hayate The Combat Butler fan!!!

matmanx1

Trying not to get my hopes up for an English ToV PS3 release but you people just wont let it die! At this point I'd really be happy to hear of just about any new Tales game being localized for us Yanks.

And Esuterize (Estellise) looks funny in the cat costume.

Firestorm

How the hell are you guys getting that sort of hope and personality from a character at this point of the game's life (pre-release).

Firestorm said:
How the hell are you guys getting that sort of hope and personality from a character at this point of the game's life (pre-release).
Script should be pretty much done, and they ought to know at this point what they want to do with their characters.

Hell, they even released profiles and shown us they already have japanese voice-overs at place.

Granted, it's speculation on our part, based on the little information released, but the design for this characters is not embryonary at this point... it's most likely over and done with.

Geneijin

Fimbulvetr said:
Woodrow is black? I thought he just had a tan.

If the definition of black is merely skin color, then yeah. Black is an already vague term enough so I thought I just mention Woodrow even if I'm wrong, but I do think he's dark-skinned, not black - whatever "black" is suppose to mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom