• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of ( Hearts DS , World: RM2 PSP ) first screens, first video: post #267

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Deku said:
Jesus christ, what a trainwreck of a thread.

(...)

ughhh...
GAF + Tales is usually a trainwreck of teams senseless bullshit, sales, etc. Doesn't help that Namco acts sort of loony with the series. :/

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
duckroll said:
Shouta, crusher of dreams. :lol

DS Tales so far: 2
DS Tales brought to the US so far: 0

Team Destiny Tales releases so far: 4
Team Destiny Tales releases brought to the US so far: 0

Team Destiny Tales release + DS Tales = LOLZ

(ds_tales_usa / ds_tales) * (teamD_tales_usa / teamD_tales) = higher_LOLZ.

sorry, could not resist.

SantaC

there is actual a fan made eng translation out, all the menus and battle, but not the story.

to12008020022yt9.png

Rpgmonkey

It's nice to see my question (if this is really Team Destiny or not) has been confirmed. I'm really looking forward to getting this, I prefer their battlesystems and style.

Well we've had two outsourced DS games, lets see what a big game developed by one of the major teams does. >_>

true Gek

duckroll said:

I'm sad T.T

I HATE BAMCO è_é

vareon

2D art and battles = yay.
3D illustration = meh.

So you can choose to view the 2D animation or 3D animation? Strange decision.

Now it would be hilarious if ToH gets localized BUT with the 3D animation only :lol

Caelestis

I like the look of Tales of Hearts, minus all the 3D stuff. Now I'll need to figure out how to hold my excitement for it down since the chances of me ever playing don't look so high... =\

Firestorm

duckroll said:

negative times negative equals positive.
Believe.

Jiggy

Edit: What, videos appeared after I had started typing this. :eek: Gonna go check them out.

Tales of Hearts:
Five :Ds out of five for the "new 2D Tales" and five :Ds out of five for the "new Team Destiny game." But it gets five ;_;s for probably never coming to NA, of course. Actually, let's make that seven ;_;s, because Innocence had already gotten five despite being in Eww DS 3D© and having a 3D battle system.

Not sure what to think of the storyline except that it sounds decidedly non-heavy-handed, and that's an enormous positive these days (and all days, I would argue, but these days even moreso). The main girl has a delightfully strange design (as opposed to negatively strange like, say, Estelle, although maybe Estelle will be saved by alternate costumes) and looks especially great in battle with her magic cheerleading baton or whatever that's supposed to be, so that's always nice. Main guy looks kind of shrug-worthy in his anime picture, but as a sprite he--reminds me a bit much of Narikiri Dungeon Kratos, actually. Odd. "Shing Meteoryte" might be the worst name this side of "Fayt Leingod," though I'm not sure anything will ever quite reach that level of horrible, but eh. If it plays well it plays well.

Also, I would say I can't believe there are a couple people in this thread who were hating on the 2D, but after Mega Man 9 I guess it doesn't surprise me much anymore. :/ But, honestly... As if you people don't have enough Tales entries with 3D models. These 2D sprites are simultaneously underutilized and fantastic, as opposed to something like ToH's eye-burningly-awful CG models, which are admittedly new for the series but in an entirely bad way (and are thankfully accordingly optional).

Radiant Mythology 2:
I adored Radiant Mythology and it was in the running for my GOTY 2007 pretty easily entirely on the strength of the Tales battle system--but it did feel a bit rough, so I hope they tighten up the battle system a bit for this game. It would be a shame to have fifty characters on tap (!!!) but still have a looser-than-usual control scheme, so yeah. ...Not that any of this matters to me either since it might never come to NA either. D: Shame, too, since it would be one great way to play as some insane number of Tales characters who would otherwise never be seen by an English-speaking audience in an English game. ;_;

RpgN said:
-The story will continue where TOW1 ended and you will start playing with Yuri as well. 31 new characters have been added. Makes the total of 50 characters from Tales of games. All of them can be used for battle expect for one. 45 characters will be fully playable in battle according to the producer.

-Character customization has been greatly improved. Now you can even change patterns with a character's hair, eyes and mouth for instance. And the amount of voice pattern has been doubled.

-(I'm not sure about the last one) There is a function being prepared to upload and DL characters and items on the site free of charge. The characters that are self-made mind you.
I'd been wondering about whether it was a sequel in gameplay only or in its story; cool to see that it's both. Also, DLC? Alternate costumes please. Ten of them per character at least. I'll pay if I have to, no problem. We'll ignore the one insurmountable problem that this game probably won't be released in NA. (Seriously, even putting aside my bias, I did feel there was a disconnect created by the ability to extensively customize one main character's appearance while not being allowed to touch bunches of other Tales characters.)

Next Tales game on Wii:
Please be cel-shaded. And, again, unless it uses 2D sprites I want DLC costumes. Ten outfits per character, every character, no exception! :D This isn't a Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World situation where the game was practically complete by the time Nintendo got around to announcing that it would make DLC possible on Wii--any game being made on Wii now would certainly be able to account for the possibility of various downloadables.

(Incidentally... Since NA is getting ToS: DotNW so much later and since NA was so receptive of the original ToS, I'm kind of willing to hope that they'll create some extras for this audience, though maybe this is merely me clutching a thin fabric of hope.)

But as was pointed out, Team Symphonia's unlikely if the game's going to make 2009, so time to wait on news for who's even handling it...

Link1110

Wasn't the original Tales of Destiny a Team Destiny game? Make that one of 5 came here.
Does anyone know what team did Eternia? I kind of think it was Symphonia before they had a name, but it could be Destiny, I guess.

duckroll

Link1110 said:
Wasn't the original Tales of Destiny a Team Destiny game? Make that one of 5 came here.
Does anyone know what team did Eternia? I kind of think it was Symphonia before they had a name, but it could be Destiny, I guess.

Team Destiny only started existing as of Tales of Destiny 2. :p

Jiggy

ivysaur12 said:
*sigh* Why do I even bother looking? It's never coming out here.
I'd rather not get a game but at least have the fleeting joy of loving on its footage in an Internet forum than not get a game nor have that fleeting joy. :(
But hey, if it looks great enough maybe I'll import anyway and play through without knowing what in the world I'm reading.

Edit: Okay, just got to the ToH part. Having CG sequences juxtaposed with the in-game engine really just highlights how pointless the CG designs are. Even if I liked them independently, which I don't, they're entirely inconsistent with the rest of the game's style. Anyway, though, gameplay's looking good!

Rpgmonkey

Error said:
ToH looks good.

running animation in the field is pretty lolz.

It does look pretty funny.

I assume the picture is getting blown up and stuff, so the game got a bit pixelated?

Battle system looks fun, yet hectic and a bit confusing. Destiny PS2 got the same way sometimes though, so I guess it's a good thing?

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
It does look pretty funny.

I assume the picture is getting blown up and stuff, so the game got a bit pixelated?

No, it's more like the entire walk animation has like 2-3 frames, and there's no run animation. So the entire movement sequence looks like he's walking like a penguin really fast. :lol

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
No, it's more like the entire walk animation has like 2-3 frames, and there's no run animation. So the entire movement sequence looks like he's walking like a penguin really fast. :lol

Well that's going to be odd. :lol

JaMarco

Battles look as fast as ToDr which is great. The environments look great too, but the hell is up with the character field sprites? I hope they fix that before the game comes out.

Sagitario

Avrum said:
I'm sure I'm just looking too much into it, but this reminds me much of Asgard from ToS.

hmmbn8.png

I thought the same when I saw that... :)

Tales of the Hearts, well... portable and region free = WIN!

I just hope Alfa System fix all the flaws of RM on the sequel...

Cedille

Datschge said:
Tales used 3D movies along the anime ones since ToD PS1, this is only the first time they dare use it for characters as well (with predictable results).
Really? I only remember watching anime movies throughout the game...

Farore said:
I thought the same when I saw that... :)

Tales of the Hearts, well... portable and region free = WIN!

I just hope Alfa System fix all the flaws of RM on the sequel...
I just hope Alfa System improves the game technically. This is a second gen PSP game, now at 333mhz.

Top Bottom