• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of ( Hearts DS , World: RM2 PSP ) first screens, first video: post #267

Sagitario

Mr. Wonderful said:
I just hope Alfa System improves the game technically. This is a second gen PSP game, now at 333mhz.

It's all about priorities to me...

Fixing the design flaws >>>> 333 MHz :p

Form what I've seen of RM2, there's not much improvement so far... I mean, the in-game models still look low-poly [heck, your created character doesn't have a portrait anymore] and the textures, well... there's still a lot of time for improvements...

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Farore said:
It's all about priorities to me...

Fixing the design flaws >>>> 333 MHz :p

Form what I've seen of RM2, there's not much improvement so far... I mean, the in-game models still look low-poly [heck, your created character doesn't have a portrait anymore] and the textures, well... there's still a lot of time for improvements...

Personally I thought the design was great. All they needed to add was 4 player co-op mode.

That is probably the only reason I see the game not going 333 Mhz, because I remember reading that the limit is 222 (or some number) when using wifi for 4 player games.

If they do not add a 4 player co-op mode, then it is unforgivable if they don't increase graphics, textures, and the polygon count. I love the idea of playing more tales characters, but when I noticed the huge downgrade in Tear and Luke it was almost jarring. The PSP can pump out graphics like Crisis Core, I am not expecting that level in Radiant Mythology 2, but the jump should be large considering how MUCH the original didn't utilize in terms of PSP graphics.

Sagitario

I'm still playing RM to this day, and believe me... the battle engine is not great... it's OK at best...

TotA is great, even ToS is better than RM in the fighting aspect...

Plus, it RM has the dumbest and more limited AI of any Tales... it's frustratingly stupid...

Sagitario

Rpgmonkey said:
RM2 makes it what, like six games that uses Abyss' monsters?

Seven if Vesperia counts.

Blah. >_>

1. TotA
2. RM
3. ToI
4. ToS:KoR
5. ToV
6. RM2

I don't know if TotT had them... but it probably did...

Yep, I'm pretty tired of those monsters... for the PS2/Wii/DS/PSP I kind of understand, I mean... they're saving resources by sharing models, textures, etc... But I still can't believe they're using them for ToV... and the worst thing: I think the TotA monsters and the most uninteresting/boring looking ones of the whole series...

duckroll

WARNING BAIT AND SWITCH COMING WARNING!

In the interview with Hideo Baba in Famitsu, he states that this game is being developed by a NEW team within Tales Studios that is made up of members from both the Symphonia team and the PS2 Destiny remake team. We know that the majority of Team Symphonia as they were known moved on to work on Vesperia after Abyss. Since he specifically mentions the PS2 Destiny remake, it's very possible that the main Team Destiny members are actually working on something else. Dum dum dummmmmmmmm!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:

In the interview with Hideo Baba in Famitsu, he states that this game is being developed by a NEW team within Tales Studios that is made up of members from both the Symphonia team and the PS2 Destiny remake team. We know that the majority of Team Symphonia as they were known moved on to work on Vesperia after Abyss. Since he specifically mentions the PS2 Destiny remake, it's very possible that the main Team Destiny members are actually working on something else. Dum dum dummmmmmmmm!

Hmm...Next Wii "mothership" title ?

Firestorm

Scamco.
Why do the companies that make the franchises I like always have to be idiots.
cw_sasuke said:
At least that'd be probably 2D and beautiful under Team Destiny. God Destiny Remake looks so hot :(

Jiggy

cw_sasuke said:
That could be nice. I'd rather have it on DS for portability's sake and (more importantly) for region-free status in case I ever decided it just looked absolutely that great, but they could at least fit more voice acting and whatnot on a Wii disc, so good for the skits and such.

Rpgmonkey

I was just about to post that...

Still looking forward to Hearts, but now I'm interested in what Team Destiny is doing. :p

pulga

Banned
Avrum said:
I'm sure I'm just looking too much into it, but this reminds me much of Asgard from ToS.

hmmbn8.png

Hmm, you do have a mighty good point there, sir.

Too bad we won't ever play the game :'(

batbeg

I greatly anticipate the day where we have nine different Tales teams putting out games on a yearly or every-other-year basis. I'm not bothered so much about the new title, so much as this implies Team Destiny are working on yet another title... sigh.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Majority of a team + new people from the back of the room, new teams formed with dudes that came from the moon who dreamed about the games 100 years ago... Namco Tales people are really having the time of their lives tricking the team-obsessed fans lately. :lol

Sagitario

So... that would make 4 Tales teams?

1. Team Symphonia
2. Team Destiny
3. Team Ratatosk? [hinted/deduced by Datschge]
4. Team Hearts?

Farore said:

1. Team Symphonia
2. Team Destiny
4. Team Hearts?
Nah, Hearts is being made by a mixture team Destiny/Symphonia, I doubt this will be a separate team in future.

Anyway, I'm glad Sakuraba is composing.

JaMarco

Farore said:

1. Team Symphonia
2. Team Destiny
4. Team Hearts?
Even though im a big Tales fan, thats just too many games being made at the same time. And its not even counting the outsourced ones/

Rpgmonkey

There are some nice HQ scans of the article now.

When this actually gets put into DS-sized screens, the environments and stuff look tons better. The in-battle sprites also look quite nice. Seems to reuse some of Rebirth and Destiny PS2's enemy sprites though.

Unless it's that unnamed guy, Kohak also seems to know some healing spells. She seems pretty diverse.

Even if it's not Team Destiny (which seems to worry some people), I'm actually pretty hyped. This looks like it might have a lot more effort into it than Innocence and Tempest.

Hcoregamer00

duckroll said:

What's wrong with that?

I love Team Symphonia and it is good knowing that this game is getting one of the best Namco teams. Even better, it still retains the Team Destiny aesthetic.

Hopefully they are working on that Wii game.

Jiggy

CG aside, that game looks beautiful and I want it now. Though I will say the girl looks a lot freakier to me even in the hand-drawn art now that I've seen her full profile picture. Her legs are, like, eight feet long. D: (Well, the guy's legs are pretty long too, but that's at least somewhat masked because of his clothing.)

Hcoregamer00

I saw the Radiant Mythology 2 article right by it.

The first think that stuck out to me was that Kanono was back again.

What do we know about the new characters for this game?

I saw Presea (Symphonia) and Sparda (Innocence), but so far there is still no sign of Sheena (Symphonia), Anise (Abyss), Natalia (Abyss), Mint (Phantasia), or Iria (Innocence).

Sagitario

Hcoregamer00 said:
I saw the Radiant Mythology 2 article right by it.

The first think that stuck out to me was that Kanono was back again.

What do we know about the new characters for this game?

I saw Presea (Symphonia) and Sparda (Innocence), but so far there is still no sign of Sheena (Symphonia), Anise (Abyss), Natalia (Abyss), Mint (Phantasia), or Iria (Innocence).

From Wikipedia:

* Tales of Phantasia
o Cress Albane (Cless Alvein)
o Chester Barklight
o Arche Klein (Klaine)

* Tales of Destiny
o Stahn (Stan) Aileron
o Rutee Katrea (Kartret)
o Leon (Lion) Magnus
o Garr (Woodrow) Kelvin
o Philia Philis

* Tales of Eternia
o Reid (Rid) Hershel
o Chat

* Tales of Destiny 2
o Nanaly Fletch
o Harold Berserius

* Tales of Symphonia
o Lloyd Irving
o Genis (Genius) Sage
o Raine (Refill) Sage
o Presea Combatir
o Kratos Aurion

* Tales of Legendia
o Senel Coolidge

* Tales of Rebirth
o Veigue Lungberg
o Eugene Gallardo
o Annie Barrs

* Tales of the Abyss
o Luke fon Fabre
o Tear Grants
o Guy Cecil

* Tales of the Tempest
o Caius Qualls

* Tales of Innocence
o Spada Belforma

* Tales of Vesperia
o Yuri Lowell

27 characters confirmed so far... so that leaves at least 23 more... who knows how many will be playable though...

Jiggy

I'm not sure whether I'm more happy or depressed that they put a Tales of the Tempest character in. Depressed because--well, no need to go over how Tempest sabotaged Innocence, and the character slot could really have stood to go to a character from a more well-received game. Potentially happy because it does mean that if any Tales games made in the future turn out bad while simultaneously having characters I can appreciate, then at least the characters themselves may not be lost to the ages. The Tempest guy isn't anyone I like at a glance, mind you, but it at least sets a potentially-good precedent.

Anyway, I hope Harold and Nanaly are playable this time. I never played ToD2, but in the context of RM I think I liked them both more than any of the other non-playable cameo characters, and so I was disappointed that they were only around for skits. :(

Rpgmonkey

Wow, development of this started way back around Winter 2006...

That's not too long after Vesperia's development started (I think that was like May 2006, don't exactly remember). No wonder they're releasing so close to each other.

Hcoregamer00

Rpgmonkey said:
Wow, development of this started way back around Winter 2006...

That's not too long after Vesperia's development started (I think that was like May 2006, don't exactly remember). No wonder they're releasing so close to each other.

Game will kick so much ass CONFIRMED.

kay

Sure but that's the PS2, this wouldn't take as much of an effort and them trademarking it now shows they want to hype it elsewhere before it even has a release in Japan. And they could have just been afraid of 2D on PS2 with Sony. Stop being so negative!

Sagitario

Doesn't make a difference...

Tales of Innocence trademark...

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=76675118

You see?

Edit: I'm not negative... I'm rational...

To quote myself...

Farore said:
grandjedi6 said:
oh com'n now, at least wait until E3 is over to start getting all "doom and gloom"

1. It's the Tales franchise...
2. It's the Namco company...
3. It's the DS console...

Unless you know something we don't...

It's better that way to avoid major disappointment...

Not to add to the negativity but Namco USA really hates 2D games. Tales fans are extremely aware of this fact so it's a bit hard to have faith in this company unless it's an official announcement. I really want it to come out in North America but I don't know if I can believe it unless I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm still so upset that BN USA passed over the Tales of Destiny remake that I can hardly see straight when I think about it. And Tales of Innocence which is not even 2D and most people assumed had a good chance of coming over got screwed over. This is one company that I can't give any slack to after all the things they've denied us.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This might get me back into Tales of the World 1. I've been told that there's some really rare equipment that I can grind for.

Top Bottom