• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Cornbread78

Congrats! Do you plan to move on to the post-game dungeon next?

Probanly not. My backlog is just so friggen massive (and still growing, damn u PSN sales and Wild Arms 3!) so I'll probably move onto one of the incomplete games on my PS4 hd right now, lol.

Just beat the game. Really mixed feelings about it, though the awesome finale made up for the last third of the game. But even putting aside the story, there were some great things they did with the gameplay as well as many shoddy design choices. Mixed bag all around, but overall I had a good time.

Probably going to take a small break before checking out any post game content. (I think it's just one dungeon and new colosseum levels? And finishing off that 20m debt).

Does anyone know if there are special victory quotes for using any party composition without Ludger? I know in other tales games, there were a bunch that required you to have four specific characters in your active lineup, none of which were the MC. But Xillia 2 does treat its protagonist very differently than other entries in the series.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, thanks for the bump. Was just thinking of Xillia 2 the other day and I still think it's the darkest Tales game ever made.

Ludger was hilarious for a show-and-tell/discussion regarding self-insertion/immersion in games.

Man, thanks for the bump. Was just thinking of Xillia 2 the other day and I still think it's the darkest Tales game ever made.

Ludger was hilarious for a show-and-tell/discussion regarding self-insertion/immersion in games.

*End Spoilers ahead*

I think this is one of the few games I've played where they have a CG scene for both endings.

Usually only the "true" ending gets a cinematic but they did that for both in this game. I suppose to muddy the question of which one is the true ending? Or if there even is a single true ending as we're used to? The fact that neither ending is perfectly happy means that you can't go for that ending where everyone makes it out ok like you can usually get in games that have multiple endings.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think it's a very meta expression of how there could be parallel overarching parallel universes with equally valid outcomes

Top Bottom