• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Falk

that puzzling face
Leia lets you rename their dual mystic arte to "Ludgernaut". She also "gives" you a tome for Sky Soldier. By that I mean It's an oversight as Ludger learns it naturally. In reality, Leia gives you nothing.

Sounds 100% Leia to me.

Soriku

Alvin gives you the Attack Conversion (125% P.Atk and 75% A.Atk) skill and an Alvin recolor of Ludgers default outfit

Rowen gives you the Antimagic skill which nullifies magic damage (healing and offensive) and a Rowen recolor of Ludger's default outfit

Leia lets you rename their dual mystic arte to "Ludgernaut". She also "gives" you a tome for Sky Soldier. By that I mean It's an oversight as Ludger learns it naturally. In reality, Leia gives you nothing.

Milla gives you aerial armor, basically grounded stance in midair. She also gives you a Milla Recolor of Ludgers default outfit.

Elize let's you change the name of her dual mystic arte to "Blessed Arte the Pink". She also gives you the Survive skill which doesn't let you die if you're guarding.

Muzet gives you the Fortune skill which gives you a 50% chance to nullify enemy's arte damage.

Gaius lets you rename their mystic arte to "Sound and Fury" and gives you a skill that increases stats when you're the last one standing.

Thanks. I should get Muzet and Elize to 10 soon...

anderedna

I played the game last weekend after finished Fairy Fencer F first playtrough, played up to chapter 7 and so far, the game feels pretty good. It's an improved Xillia obviously. The new skill leveling is not to my liking tho, as I can't see what skill on each element further down(I might miss the button if there's any). Everyone levels are around 30 but no one has revive skill yet.

I played using DS4 and it feels so good. All buttons are supported, except home button, which unfortunately I need to stand up to pick DS3, turn it on and click the button. Hope that Sony will patch that later on so I could put DS3 somewhere else. Hopefully, ToZ will fully support DS4 as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Curious, how much game do you think you have done (meaning everything theres to do)

Let's see...
*I still owe $8.5 million on the debt.
*I'm level 112, so I could still grind to lv 200.
*I've only maxed out Jude & Millia's affections, and besides them I can only bring Elize & Ludger into the final dungeon, so there's a long way to go on increasing everyone's affections. (I'm not good at Poker so getting friendship potions may be a chore for me)
*I have almost all of the best weapons & gear, but there are still some custom weapons that I don't have.
*I still need to clear the ex dungeon, but don't feel like it due to the way its implemented.
*I've killed all the elite ex monsters and have the highest bulletin board rank but there are plenty of random jobs still to do. I also killed the optional boss Pluto.
*There are still plenty of cats to find.
*I've seen the good ending, but not the true or bad endings.
*I've only got 17% of the trophies, so there's more to do there.
*I could also farm grade or try to complete the item & monster books.
*I've cleared the highest coliseum ranks.

Now that I've made the list, there's a lot more to do than I thought :(
I think I've gotten to a stopping point now though...I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do.

Protag

Banned
Let's see...
*I've only maxed out Jude & Millia's affections, and besides them I can only bring Elize & Ludger into the final dungeon, so there's a long way to go on increasing everyone's affections. (I'm not good at Poker so getting friendship potions may be a chore for me)
*I have almost all of the best weapons & gear, but there are still some custom weapons that I don't have.
*I still need to clear the ex dungeon, but don't feel like it due to the way its implemented.
*I've killed all the elite ex monsters and have the highest bulletin board rank but there are plenty of random jobs still to do. I also killed the optional boss Pluto.

I think I've gotten to a stopping point now though...I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do.

Dayum.

Soriku

I beat all the Elite monsters. Beat all of them on Hard except a few which I beat on Unknown.

Currently making a killing in Poker and only need to max out three more party member affinities. In Poker I'll end up losing several times, but eventually I just end up making a lot. Made almost 180k a couple minutes ago. It's not too bad. Just as an FYI the EX dungeon gives you Silver Dice.

I'm close to getting the rest of the kitties too.

Mendrox

Let's see...

Nooo keep going. The grind is worth it. Cameo Ending is best ending.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How do you get those two old men to sell you weapons and armor? I cleared the Party Arena fights.

You need to clear the Elite level. Clearing elite for both tag and party will allow you access to each of the secret shops
one in the nala lava tubes and one in the felgana mines

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nooo keep going. The grind is worth it. Cameo Ending is best ending.

Finally cleared the ex dungeon! Your post inspired me to continue on.
and only $4.5 million to go on the debt :)

edit:
Defeated the Cameo team in the coliseum! That was a tough one.

edit 2: I also fully paid off the debt. The boss of the ex dungeon pays $1 million every time you defeat him.
them

Voror

Holy crap, how does one do the Bad Ending? Are there any tips for that fight because I am just not having a good time?

RangerBAD

Holy crap, how does one do the Bad Ending? Are there any tips for that fight because I am just not having a good time?

Buy 15 Reverse Dolls. Also, make sure you have TP and HP Surge 1 and 2. When you KO and recover, make sure to equip a new Reverse Doll.

Soriku

Holy crap at the cameo battle on Hard. It was really intense...took me 30 minutes to beat it on level ~142 with Ludger, Muzet, Gaius, and Elize.

Managed to beat it on the first try, but I had MANY close calls; Revive Dolls were highly useful here. Mint revived like three or four times which was really annoying. She also healed most of her party's HP several times. Rutee's Tidal Wave was a party killer, and she has a resurrection spell which caught me off guard since she revived Mint once.

Cress and Stahn were spamming their dual Mystic Arte all the time, and the couple times Cress stopped time was annoying too. By the time I managed to finally kill Mint and Rutee (Chromatus really helped pile up damage + controlling the flow of battle) Cress was stopping time every couple seconds lol. But it's not that big of a deal with just Cress and Stahn.

I had to use an All Divide like halfway into the battle. It made a big difference.

Btw Fury Stroke and Fury Stroke 2 are lifesavers. Keeping the enemies on Ludger while the others healed/revived is ridiculously useful.

Good fight anyway. All I need to do now is get the remaining kitty items and I'll be finished.

Voror

Buy 15 Reverse Dolls. Also, make sure you have TP and HP Surge 1 and 2. When you KO and recover, make sure to equip a new Reverse Doll.

Ended up managing it with just the two I had, but the tip about the Surge abilities was a great help. Chromatus was also a lifesaver here, but I'd honestly not thought to use it until the second try since I'd refrained from doing so in order to get that Chromatus Control title.

Really liked the scene near the end of 15.
Did a better job of establishing and making me feel for Ludger and Julius than anything else in the game. And man was that scene seeing a Ludger speaking a world of difference. It would have been better had that been the case the whole time with the choices still being there.

Chapter 15 spoilers:

I was a beast taking out my entire team to get the bad ending. Kicked so much ass. Didn't die once just spammed items and Hexentia.

RangerBAD

Someone please tell me there's a better method for getting level 200 in the first playthrough. I'm 145-146 and grinding
Cless and Stahn
will take a long time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Someone please tell me there's a better method for getting level 200 in the first playthrough. I'm 145-146 and grinding
Cless and Stahn
will take a long time.

I bought 40 levels worth of DLC with the $20 I had in my PSN account from 2012. I'm the worst kind of person and a part of the problem

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I did calculate the time it'd have taken and it wasn't a significant fraction of the rest of the plat, but I was desperately in a hurry due to an upcoming crunch time project.

Kind of regretting the decision now because it's like a popped cherry lol.

To answer your question, nope, grind it out. Once you can get the 2x XP accessory on someone it cuts the remaining time required by half, so work that out ASAP.

Soriku

Cless and Stahn
will take a long time.

Maybe do the Elite party battle in the coliseum with Demon Seals on + EXP food.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually, that's absolutely right. I was thinking of Coliseum when you mentioned
Cless and Stahn
. Fighting them
plus friends
in Coliseum is much faster than EX dungeon. My bad.

Loved the first game but still haven't bought this due to lack of funds, I'm seeing the Day 1 edition plus some dlc costumes for 44 euros including shipping, might pull the trigger soon.

RangerBAD

After 141 hours I finally got the Platinum.
697.jpg

carlo6529

Is this game better than Xillia 1 and Graces F?

I actually just beat Xillia 2. I personally, preferred the first one but still enjoyed Xillia 2. I'm debating on replaying it. I actually beat them back to back. The whole world of Xillia 1 gets reused in Xillia 2, which to me, made Xillia 2 feel like a massive expansion to it's predecessor.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Every time I say I'm finished, I find more to do:
Today I got the true ending and the gold trophy, then also fought & defeated Bisley in the Coliseum. I've seen everything I wanted but get the bad ending...I'm guessing it's too late for that?

Voror

Well, have all the endings now. All that's left to do really is take out what's left of the Elite Monsters and farm materials to make some of the special weapons, though the latter is going to be rather tedious.

Trying to figure out the quickest way to level everyone to max. The EX Dungeon feels like it would take to long, so I think the Coliseum might be the best bet. Tag Mode is pretty doable for me with any character though Party might be better I suppose. Any recommendations on this?

But holy hell, I tried going back to Graces f since I never got around to beating it (last was at World's Eye and burned out farming to dualize) and felt I should do so, but it's just really weird doing battles. Before I was doing pretty much everything on Chaos for the bonuses, but couldn't last one battle when I tried it. Just so used to the Xillia system at this point after two games.

Looking forward to Hearts R in November, even the terrible translation. Hope Zestiria turns out well too.

Edit: Just saw the bit about the Demon Seals. Never tried those out so maybe that's the ticket, though if I remember correctly only those wearing them that are in the battle benefit correct? Not sure how that Party mode end battle will work out since the way I managed to beat it before was using an All Divide.

Was having some fun with
those awesome music-player pillars in the Epsilla Ruins that played songs from other Tales games until Ratatosk's theme from DOTNW showed up

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO KEEP ACKNOWLEDGING THAT GAME AGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHHGHHGHG

Sorry for the double post, particularly for a potentially derpy/dumb question on my end, but uh...

I've been noticing certain points where Ludger's attacks will randomly only deal one point of damage instead of their usual output, and it's getting real inconvenient (especially in this boss battle I'm in right now). I haven't invested that much into the battle system, so maybe I missed something obvious...?

Also, I just saw Jude turn invisible for whatever reason. What was up with that? lol

Jonnax

Sorry for the double post, particularly for a potentially derpy/dumb question on my end, but uh...

I've been noticing certain points where Ludger's attacks will randomly only deal one point of damage instead of their usual output, and it's getting real inconvenient (especially in this boss battle I'm in right now). I haven't invested that much into the battle system, so maybe I missed something obvious...?

Also, I just saw Jude turn invisible for whatever reason. What was up with that? lol

You may have equipped the minimum damage skill on Ludger. Or your weapon may have a elemental type which the enemy is resistant to, but I don't know if that would give one damage.

No idea about Jude going invisible.

You may have equipped the minimum damage skill on Ludger. Or your weapon may have a elemental type which the enemy is resistant to, but I don't know if that would give one damage.

It wasn't on, though for whatever reason it was on my CPU Jude LOL. For the record, I was fighting a boss with zero strengths/weaknesses (the *MAJOR SPOILER* boss in Chapter 12), so I don't think that was it either, nor status effects.

Also, this game's plot finally became interesting. Shame it didn't pick up like this earlier.

RangerBAD

It wasn't on, though for whatever reason it was on my CPU Jude LOL. For the record, I was fighting a boss with zero strengths/weaknesses (the *MAJOR SPOILER* boss in Chapter 12), so I don't think that was it either, nor status effects.

Also, this game's plot finally became interesting. Shame it didn't pick up like this earlier.

If you link with someone that has the Minimum Damage skill on, then the partner will share it and do 1 damage.

Bladenic

So LTTP to the English release party (I had played the JP version last year) but I'm so better at this game now that I can read the skills and whatnot. For example,
Chapter 7 Chronos owned my shit like crazy before
but now I owned him. Mainly by basically soloing him with Ludger while everyone else hangs back.

Also, sidestep is just as useful as Graces. Sidestepping Tetra Spell <3

Bladenic

Anyone else salty that you dont get to
kill Rideaux yourself?

Definitely one of the most despicable Tales villains IMO

Anyone else salty that you dont get to
kill Rideaux yourself?

Definitely one of the most despicable Tales villains IMO

He is on a very short list of characters that have such negative quality to them they ruin every scene and plot point they're in.

Why is he outed as being under the employ of Spirius so early? It throws off the shaky debt thing even further.

Why was there so much rigamarole around the Millas from him?

Again, known Spirius member during this.

Tells you about Bisley, and the mechanics to the Sooooooooooooooooul Bridge, even though Bisley wanted that a secret from Rutger.

But then he's needed as the soooooooooooooul for the bridge, THEN WHY WAS HE THERE AT HQ?!?!

Especially since those agents there taking his paralyzed/buttwhooped self to Marksburg beat the X1 gang AND Julius to the spot.

Plus, fuck your backstory, boy. You deserved that pain for being cancerously terrible.

Top Bottom