• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Got the true ending. It's better than the normal ending, but I was disappointed that it didn't show the characters for a last time
after the time skip, except briefly in an article on Elle's GHS
. I suppose it's not hard to guess what they're doing, but...

Say what you will about Graces F, but the F arc (not so much the main arc) had great finality to its ending that I feel was kinda missing from both Xillia games. Oh well.

They really half assed all the endings in TOX2 =\

Even though he has little voiced dialogue I think Ludger's voice actor was good purely for his yelling in various scenes/battles.

"UOAAAAAAAAAAAHHH FORM DESTROYER!"

Nice and hotblooded.

Thorgal

Ive said this before but they really should make another hot blooded main character like Stahn or Veigue " KUREAAA" Lungberg.

Lucreto

I have played for about 50 hours and on Chapter 10 I think. I only paid off about a million of the debt. Have I been neglecting it or is this normal?

I am getting untold joy with Kitty Dispatch and Rollo. I can't explain it. I think I have about 95 cats at his stage.

I have played for about 50 hours and on Chapter 10 I think. I only paid off about a million of the debt. Have I been neglecting it or is this normal?

I am getting untold joy with Kitty Dispatch and Rollo. I can't explain it. I think I have about 95 cats at his stage.

I'm around the same place with around the same amount of debt repaid. It is surprisingly satisfying watching those area lists get completed one by one.

Soriku

I feel that it's jarring as hell and kinda out of character for Ludgar.

Maybe, but it's non-canon and I still like that you get to
kill all your party members
. How many JRPGs let you do that?

I liked the brief scene afterwards
between Ludger (with blood on his face) and Julius too. I wish they showed an anime scene of Ludger stabbing them all for extra shock value
, but maybe that's too dark haha.

Speaking of Rollo, he's TOO cute :3

Meine-gro%C3%9Fartige-Aufnahme-Screen-Shot-2014-08-18-11-50-48.png

Cess007

Maybe, but it's non-canon and I still like that you get to
kill all your party members
. How many JRPGs let you do that?

I liked the brief scene afterwards
between Ludger (with blood on his face) and Julius too. I wish they showed an anime scene of Ludger stabbing them all for extra shock value
, but maybe that's too dark haha.

Speaking of Rollo, he's TOO cute :3

In the true ending:
He's absolutely the cutest as old Rollo <3. And i don't even like cats!

So who thought it was a great idea to limit who you could take with you when you leave town and remove the ability to switch out party members for reserves on the fly? Xillia's gameplay was designed around that mechanic and I thought the whole idea of adding Ludger was so that you could play with whoever you wanted and still have access to their special move? Now if I need Rowen's magic shield for a fight and didn't bring him with me I'm just sol as he sits in town on his ass doing nothing -.-

Edit: there were a NEW equipment!! Thanks mate :)

about to enter the last chapter.... Boy the game sure had a unexpected good enjoyble story that just keep getting better and better!

Soriku

So I'm about to enter the last chapter... I haven't upgraded my characters equipment since I opened all the areas in the game 5 chapters ago, any suggestions where I can buy new nice ones or that's it no place else to buy new equipment?

There should be new equipment. Try Trigleph or Drellin? Or customize something at any shop.

Ok I'm about to go close my first fractured dimension...

I actually need to know good grinding places, I've been grinding gentlemen in Xaogut Meadow for now

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Ok I'm about to go close my first fractured dimension...

I actually need to know good grinding places, I've been grinding gentlemen in Xaogut Meadow for now

Depending on what difficulty you're playing on I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's much harder than the Fractured Dimensions.

Soriku

If you're playing on normal the game requires 0 grinding if you aren't just running past every mob.

Playing on moderate...

You don't even need to grind on Moderate. Or Hard, which is what I played on. Just do all the red side quests you can and beat the elite monsters (save Siennabronc if you just got him unlocked as he's tougher than the rest), buy equipment frequently, and buy defense food and you should be good to go.

You don't even need to grind on Moderate. Or Hard, which is what I played on. Just do all the red side quests you can and beat the elite monsters (save Siennabronc if you just got him unlocked as he's tougher than the rest), buy equipment frequently, and buy defense food and you should be good to go.

I actually like grinding....a lot and my fav spot in Xillia was Abandoned Mines in Jude/Leia's hometown, have the 100% EXP food eaten and ram into Bowmans/Gentlemen...

And to my dismay, Xillia 2 is 5.1GB and Xillia was 6.1GB....

Jisgsaw

Playing on moderate...

Worst case, just switch on normal/easy when you have trouble against one boss.
I did it for the bad ending, as I kept getting gang-r*ped in a corner near the end of the fight.

Against normal ennemies, you shouldn't have any problem in moderate (maybe even hard, I didn't test it that often).

Soriku

I actually like grinding....a lot and my fav spot in Xillia was Abandoned Mines in Jude/Leia's hometown, have the 100% EXP food eaten and ram into Bowmans/Gentlemen...

And to my dismay, Xillia 2 is 5.1GB and Xillia was 6.1GB....

Well FYI enemies scale to your level in fractured dimensions, so the next time you go to one, you can try grinding there. Otherwise just go to whatever the latest area was.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
chapter 12-13 ish spoiler

such a shame they did the victor/ludger fight scene in-engine .. would have made for a great CG/Anime scene. Limitations and budget constraints I suppose.

demidar

chapter 12-13 ish spoiler

such a shame they did the victor/ludger fight scene in-engine .. would have made for a great CG/Anime scene. Limitations and budget constraints I suppose.

The way they did it, they could just animate one character and mirror him for the other character, and claim it's like that because they're the same person and have the same fighting style. So cheap!

adamsapple

The way they did it, they could just animate one character and mirror him for the other character, and claim it's like that because they're the same person and have the same fighting style. So cheap!

that's exactly what they did lol

Worst case, just switch on normal/easy when you have trouble against one boss.
I did it for the bad ending, as I kept getting gang-r*ped in a corner near the end of the fight.

Against normal ennemies, you shouldn't have any problem in moderate (maybe even hard, I didn't test it that often).

Yeah, normal enemies aren't a problem, the boss fights/elite monsters decimate you badly...

Well FYI enemies scale to your level in fractured dimensions, so the next time you go to one, you can try grinding there. Otherwise just go to whatever the latest area was.

Well, I'll try the fractured dimension the next time. Thanks!

Falk

that puzzling face
Someone please explain Power Combo 9+ and Dual Chain x 9 challenges?

Dual Chain was a complete crapshoot for me. As far as I can determine (and I could be wrong, since it was honestly trial and error and once I got something that worked I just gave thanks and never looked back or pondered it) the requirements are:

1) In Over Limit, you need to hit an enemy weakness with a linked arte to start the power combo
2) You need to continue using linked artes with various elemental affinities till the power combo includes all 9 elements (guns/swords/hammer/light/dark/fire/water/earth/wind). They MUST all come from linked artes, hence:
3) IF there was an existing power combo active from e.g. artes before you go into your over limit, you WILL fail the requirements
4) IF any of the other characters not involved in the linked arte hit the monster with -anything- that adds to the power combo, you WILL fail the requirements
5) IF the power chain runs out before all 9 elements are in it you WILL fail the requirements.

That being said, stupid shit like linked artes taking too long (power combo runs out), figuring out which combination worked, etc was a nightmare. I can't even remember the exact sequence I used but I do recall my solution requiring swapping partners and weapons in between linked arte chains.

fedexpeon

Banned
Man, this is probably one of the grimdark games I have played.
The ending is alright, but I still like the normal ending over the true ending because now Lara future will be altered.

And the no voice thing...so bad. Mute characters only work in JRPG when there are no VA in the game or cutscene/plot are focused on the party and not literally staring at you and waiting for you to response back.

Voror

Can someone tell me how to fix something? I've got a 1P symbol above enemies and it's messing with the camera. I think I did it while trying to switch characters (kept trying to click down to Gaius but couldn't get it to work for some odd reason).

MSMrRound

Finally cleared the game! Got started on a new job, so not quite sure how I'll find the time to grind the other stuff.

True Ending is
pure lol. Oh my god Rollo. Oh my god Pollo.

Beating advance tag nets you a gold dice everytime.
mmmmmmmmmmm

Does it? I tried quite a few tag matches but gold dice doesn't drop 100% when I check my loot at the end.

The Poker game is out to troll people seriously. Was at last "double-or-nothing", they gave me a 3, so of course higher would be a safe bet, no? Well, here's a 3 for you!

._.

Do you guys always go Higher or Lower for Eight? I swear Eight and Nine always play mind-tricks with me...(though I know the recommended path is usually) Eight=higher/nine=lower.

Falk

that puzzling face
While 8 and 9 are close to half in each direction (8 moreso) it is still mathematically sound to pick higher for 8 and lower for 9. There's no mind tricking about it, it's pure RNG. A few percent higher chance is still a few percent higher chance in the long run. Picking a low for 8 and being right doesn't vindicate you, it just means you got (slightly) lucky.

Just finished the game in 32 hours.... wow the story was truly better than the first one A LOT, enjoyed the game so much.

Got the True Ending...

Man I really do love Tales stories and can't wait for TOZ next summer :D !

And yeah... between other JRPGs like FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 and TOS:DOTNW this was is the best.

They nailed it with it and gave a lesson how to make proper sequel with interesting story.

RangerBAD

Dual Chain was a complete crapshoot for me. As far as I can determine (and I could be wrong, since it was honestly trial and error and once I got something that worked I just gave thanks and never looked back or pondered it) the requirements are:

1) In Over Limit, you need to hit an enemy weakness with a linked arte to start the power combo
2) You need to continue using linked artes with various elemental affinities till the power combo includes all 9 elements (guns/swords/hammer/light/dark/fire/water/earth/wind). They MUST all come from linked artes, hence:
3) IF there was an existing power combo active from e.g. artes before you go into your over limit, you WILL fail the requirements
4) IF any of the other characters not involved in the linked arte hit the monster with -anything- that adds to the power combo, you WILL fail the requirements
5) IF the power chain runs out before all 9 elements are in it you WILL fail the requirements.

That being said, stupid shit like linked artes taking too long (power combo runs out), figuring out which combination worked, etc was a nightmare. I can't even remember the exact sequence I used but I do recall my solution requiring swapping partners and weapons in between linked arte chains.

Okay, I managed to do these, but now Spicy Chain is looking at me.

CentroXer

Banned
Finally cleared the game! Got started on a new job, so not quite sure how I'll find the time to grind the other stuff.

True Ending is
pure lol. Oh my god Rollo. Oh my god Pollo.

Does it? I tried quite a few tag matches but gold dice doesn't drop 100% when I check my loot at the end.

The Poker game is out to troll people seriously. Was at last "double-or-nothing", they gave me a 3, so of course higher would be a safe bet, no? Well, here's a 3 for you!

._.

Do you guys always go Higher or Lower for Eight? I swear Eight and Nine always play mind-tricks with me...(though I know the recommended path is usually) Eight=higher/nine=lower.

it seems I was lucky to get one each time, but it seems it isnt 100% droprate.

I go lower for 8. Above for everything else.

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, I managed to do these, but now Spicy Chain is looking at me.

For some reason spicy chain wasnt as bad. Dual chain was the ultimate worst for me, probably due to the caveats (?) I listed and not being able to figure out what went wrong when I was 100% sure multiple different setups that I had got it.

RangerBAD

For some reason spicy chain wasnt as bad. Dual chain was the ultimate worst for me, probably due to the caveats (?) I listed and not being able to figure oput what went wrong when I was 100% sure multiple different setups that I had got it.

I tried to do it, but it didn't succeed not sure what happened.

But it was cool.

I don't mind that sort of thing when it's done correctly and I agree that it was done well here.

Best part was when
they were both running sideways while shooting followed by rolling on the ground and firing a shot at each other. That part really reminded me of something like Bayonetta, just because of the style they injected into those parts of the scene.

adamsapple

oh my god ... the Bad ending is dark as shit .. but thematically fantastic.

Will hopefully finish the other endings over the weekend as well.

Why did they have to go with a mostly-silent protagonist ..

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally killed all of the elite ex monsters and got the best weapons for Ludger. I'm at lv 112, but I'll probably never finish the ex dungeon due to
the friendship level requirements :(

Soriku

Finally killed all of the elite ex monsters and got the best weapons for Ludger. I'm at lv 112, but I'll probably never finish the ex dungeon due to
the friendship level requirements :(

Go do Poker for Friendship Potions.

It requires some patience, but getting a lot of coins is generally not that hard.

Edit: Or you can use the Bonds of Shadow accessory to bring a party member inside.

Soriku

OK so when you get Jude's affinity to lvl 10, you get a tome that makes it so Ludger doesn't stagger on the ground. Cool.

Does anyone know the rest of the lvl 10 rewards?

Fauve

Alvin gives you the Attack Conversion (125% P.Atk and 75% A.Atk) skill and an Alvin recolor of Ludgers default outfit

Rowen gives you the Antimagic skill which nullifies magic damage (healing and offensive) and a Rowen recolor of Ludger's default outfit

Leia lets you rename their dual mystic arte to "Ludgernaut". She also "gives" you a tome for Sky Soldier. By that I mean It's an oversight as Ludger learns it naturally. In reality, Leia gives you nothing.

Milla gives you aerial armor, basically grounded stance in midair. She also gives you a Milla Recolor of Ludgers default outfit.

Elize let's you change the name of her dual mystic arte to "Blessed Arte the Pink". She also gives you the Survive skill which doesn't let you die if you're guarding.

Muzet gives you the Fortune skill which gives you a 50% chance to nullify enemy's arte damage.

Gaius lets you rename their mystic arte to "Sound and Fury" and gives you a skill that increases stats when you're the last one standing.

Top Bottom