• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tank! Tank! Tank! goes free-to-play on Wii U in Europe

It was only $50 and seeing as I've played it for about 15 hours and still haven't won it, it's got more game than a lot of commercial releases. It's just not obvious because none of the reviewers bothered to play past level 10 due to being oh-so-offended that they needed to earn medals by replaying previous levels.

It's a simple game, but it's a fun little co-op game. It's kind of like a shorter, simpler Dynasty Warriors.

Isn't it more like Earth Defense Force than Dynasty Warriors? I haven't played this game, but that's the impression I've got from reading about it.

Sqorgar

Banned
Isn't it more like Earth Defense Force than Dynasty Warriors? I haven't played this game, but that's the impression I've got from reading about it.
TTT has a variety of different tanks to level up, but they are unique individually. You don't get to pick your weapon layout. And there's nothing to collect. The only thing you get by replaying an older level with a different tank is tank XP and a medal - medals are used to unlock further tanks and to unlock progress toward later levels (though frankly, that's only a problem at the beginning when you only have a few tanks and a few levels).

It is like a simplified, more arcadey EDF in that there are lots of giant monsters to destroy in an urban environment. I just feel it is more like DW in that you play as different "characters" rather than collecting different weapons.

Hasney

So for anyone who's actually played this, what modes are semi-redeeming?

Think I'll mostly be playing with one other person if that changes things.

sakipon

Atleast you can actually play this for free, unlike with the desperately deceiving "it's free" promotion from Zen Pinball.

What's up with all the Wii U success stories recently?

On topic: At least it's a very interesting iniative, DD is so flexible hopefully it improves the games performance in some way.

Tim-E

This game fits this model well, it looks like. I'll definitely give it a shot. It also seems like this is what they needed to do to give the game some attention. This game was going to fade away into obscurity, but this should keep some people playing it.

espher

I remember all those times I bought a game for $60 when it launched and saw it in stores four months later for $20 or less. I was mad at myself every time for not waiting four months.

Finally, I did it right.

AzaK

Failure well deserved. That game is the shittiest of shitty ports. Glad to see people saw it for what it was.

Effect

I'll bite come Thursday. I thought the game seemed fun in an old school way but the price asked for it was way to much. Also that it didn't have online hurt it as well as this is a game that really needs it.

AzVal

what do people mean "needs online", It did not had online multiplayer? I thogh by the trailers or WiiU games mash up trailers that it did

Pociask

This is definitely a good sign for Wii U, in that it shows publishers are willing to try different prices (even free!) and are able to do so.

NotLiquid

So it goes up on Thursday? Not sure if Nintendo has any sort of update schedule.

I'll try it out. Can't argue with a free game, I suppose. But as has been stated it's neat that there's a publishing model that allows for this kind of stuff. F2P developers should be excited about this news.

Hero

I'm more likely to download this for free and throw them a couple of bucks for a few pieces of DLC than to ever pay for this game barring a bomba bin 4.99 price tag, which they would not receive much money from.

Bear

This doesn't make the game better.

Quality comes first, not price.

It's not that bad of a game when you're just spending a couple of bucks (or nothing). The arcade game was honestly pretty fun in multiplayer the few times I tried it.

Charging anything close to retail price was highway robbery, though. The game should have always been cheap download.

Top Bottom