• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tank! Tank! Tank! goes free-to-play on Wii U in Europe

The_Lump

Banned
Actually, having now played it, mp is really not worth it. The game is very basic indeed. Id suggest they add an 'advanced' control option so you can control the turret before anything else.

Larsen B

This really is a trashy, arcade game and I love it.

It takes me back to playing Die Hard Arcade for hours at Alton Towers. Even having the voice coming out of the GamePad and the TV creates that slight delay effect that was all you ever heard in the Trocadero.

Jackano

Holy shit, it's really a piece of shit indeed.
Like the worst one I've seen in years!
In fact it probably is the worst game I played since Xena on N64.

So, this thing made it to arcade, and then, it has been approved again to make it to retail, for the Wii U's launch? Like Bamco hadn't anything else, between all their IPs, to choose for WiiU's launch? I can picture that, Namco's offices: "So, the Wii U, we better have a game quickly to please Nintendo, just in case they sell it again by wagons like the Wii, any ideas? - What about our obscure arcade game about tanks? - Yeaah!".

They even localized the voice acting so they were pretty confidents in this thing. What amaze me, in that you can hit "A" in to enter the menus, but then, you can't hit "B" to exit it! You have to tap the back arrow icon on the touchscreen, and this icon is like 80x20px on the screen!

Gameplay is really simple, move and push A. They didn't bothered to add textures either.

So, in short, you can play the trial version 3 times per day, you will probably play it one or two and never returns!

Haunted

Feels more like a demo, tbh. No story mode and limited to three plays a day.

You can definitely see the arcade heritage here. Monster Battle is pretty fun with a couple people, totally reminded me of EDF. I might have spent more time with it if it had the Story Missions included.

Top Bottom