• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
_dementia said:
It's on par with the Hori Fighting Stick 3 and Hori Fighting Stick EX2.

No sale then, if I didn't know the rapture of the SFIV TE stick I woulda bitten, but not now, no way :lol

And this is coming from someone who used to rock the DoA EX2 :3

AniHawk said:
I'll be honest: I think people who buy arcade sticks are crazy in general. Same with those who buy steering wheels for racing games.

Oh yeah, don't forget those wackos that buy dance pads for DDR and guitars for guitar hero! :lol:lol

AniHawk

FindMyFarms said:
Oh yeah, don't forget those wackos that buy dance pads for DDR and guitars for guitar hero! :lol:lol

Dance pads and guitars are pretty much necessary to play those games. Arcade sticks and racing wheels are not.

AniHawk said:
Dance pads and guitars are pretty much necessary to play those games. Arcade sticks and racing wheels are not.

You can easily play ddr on a pad, if anything, it's easier than doing it with your feet. I don't know if it's easier, but you can also play guitar hero with a pad.

Kara inputs, piano-ing, double taps, slides, and plinking are all performed more soundly on an arcade stick. Most people new to fighting games of course won't see the difference, but anyone that enjoys them as a hobby knows that different techniques are capable on the joystick, thus making them a worthwhile purchase. Also, you're ignoring the fact that a lot of people got into fighting games via arcades, thus making arcade sticks their mode of choice.

Once you get more acquainted with fighting games, you'll see the differences offered by arcade sticks. Are they necessary? Not at all. Do they allow you to perform different techniques and provide a common control input that most fighting game fans are used to? Absolutely.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Capcom you would make my year if you ported to other systems and added online. I have a wii but I only have arcade sticks for ps3 and 360.

M3d10n

rocK` said:
Guess it doesn't have an english translation, right?
1) It's a graphic novel. Even with the advent of Ace Attorney, those still rarely get released outside Japan.

2) It's graphics consist of FMV and photographs. Yes, real people. I doubt people would welcome it with open arms, when it obviously makes them remember the early days of CD-ROM games.

rocK`

Banned
M3d10n said:
1) It's a graphic novel. Even with the advent of Ace Attorney, those still rarely get released outside Japan.

2) It's graphics consist of FMV and photographs. Yes, real people. I doubt people would welcome it with open arms, when it obviously makes them remember the early days of CD-ROM games.

don't forget the detective conan games also have english.

nightside

xero273 said:
I don't see how the 4 button control scheme can make it feel like playing smash brothers. There are other fighters that also use the four button control scheme. For example, BlazBlue, Arcana Hearts, fate, melty blood, and etc.

Kings of Fighters, Garou and all SNK fighters

and btw..there's the neo-geo stick for the wii

neo-geo-wii-stick1.jpg

nightside said:

neo-geo-wii-stick1.jpg

Always wondered, whats in those sticks? I understand it's an SNK brand, do they use in house made parts for the buttons/sticks?

Yes Boss!

nightside said:
[/IMG]

Don't forget that all PS2 sticks work on the Wii/Gamecube with an inexpensive adapter. TvC has custom button-map in the options menu.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Yes Boss! said:
Don't forget that all PS2 sticks work on the Wii/Gamecube with an inexpensive adapter. TvC has custom button-map in the options menu.

OH SHIT!

Awesome. Must buy. I have a couple of PS2 stucks knocking around somewhere.

M3d10n said:

You forgot

3) Japanese actors that aren't in America can't act, so it would be pretty much be rejected by Americans.

Threi

notag
Yes Boss! said:
umm

but

uhhh

the adapters are really hard to find so it should be on ps360 instead plz

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
MThanded said:
Capcom you would make my year if you ported to other systems and added online. I have a wii but I only have arcade sticks for ps3 and 360.
thought this was a banned meme (please come to my system even though there has never been mention of it).

regardless, will never happen. The game was in the arcade on a Wii-based board and I guarantee you would have heard about it for PS3 or 360 in Japan already if they were even thinking about it.

-PXG-

borghe said:
thought this was a banned meme (please come to my system even though there has never been mention of it).

regardless, will never happen. The game was in the arcade on a Wii-based board and I guarantee you would have heard about it for PS3 or 360 in Japan already if they were even thinking about it.

That would be about half the people who posted ITT :lol

borghe

-PXG- said:
That would be about half the people who posted ITT :lol
eh, people asking for it to come to a different system aren't anywhere near as annoying as those who say/claim to have a Wii and are STILL asking for it to come to a different system. wtf?

borghe said:
eh, people asking for it to come to a different system aren't anywhere near as annoying as those who say/claim to have a Wii and are STILL asking for it to come to a different system. wtf?

I have a Wii, and it's the only current gen system I have. I'd simply like to see this game come to as many platforms as possible so it sells well.

Yes Boss!

comedy bomb said:
I have a Wii, and it's the only current gen system I have. I'd simply like to see this game come to as many platforms as possible so it sells well.

Dude, it is super-niche. And designed on Wii hardware...little cost to port. Capcom has their hands quite full just trying to make this one stick on the Wii. It did not even move that much in Japan.

ShinAmano

borghe said:
I have a Wii (and this game as well as two Super Famicom Classic Controllers to play it with), but I support a port. None of my friends have a Wii most have 360 so i would get more out of the game...that said I still may pick up the NA release if they add content.

Yes Boss! said:
Dude, it is super-niche. And designed on Wii hardware...little cost to port. Capcom has their hands quite full just trying to make this one stick on the Wii. It did not even move that much in Japan.

I know, but every copy sold helps the chances of a sequel being made IMO.

About the PS2 converters, I have a Tekken 5 stick would that work with one of the converters? And what is the best converter to get, the Magic Path 2 or the Joybox Pro?

webrunner

FindMyFarms said:

The peripheral is part of the point of DDR and Guitar Hero! Dance to play! Strum a guitar! Nobody would care if they didn't have those peripherals, it's the entire gimmick (Amplitude and Frequency weren't industry-defining titles, but the core gameplay was reused for Guitar Hero)

But a fighting game is about pushing buttons that beat the other guy up. Whether you use a stick or not doesn't change what you're doing.

Unless you're playing at the "fighting games are just rectangles fighting for space" level, in which case you're not really playing a fighting game any more anyway.

MoxManiac

AniHawk said:

The experience of fighters is so much better with a stick though, much like GH/RB are so much better with guitars (and technically, I think it -is- possible to play GH/RB with a standard controller, or will it not let you?)

jrricky

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core actually sold really well on the Wii. So well that the publisher decided to do their own port of it for Accent Core Plus.
So people saying that 2D games bomb on the Wii were just mouthing off since there werent that much on the other consoles to begin with and anything released on them sold WAY less than the ones that made it to the Wii?...umm...yea...GAF...

Oh, and a lot of people from my college have been waiting on this game to be announced. It will do well for Capcom. Actually just 2 weeks ago a friend said to me that its going to be announced to come over here and I laughed in his face.

-PXG-

MoxManiac said:
The experience of fighters is so much better with a stick though, much like GH/RB are so much better with guitars (and technically, I think it -is- possible to play GH/RB with a standard controller, or will it not let you?)

I prefer six button pads :p

I'm really glad that Viewtiful Joe is in this game. Capcom has a great ability at realizing characters in the VS series as fighting game characters. Also, having played the game a few times, he really does feel like Joe :)

webrunner said:
The peripheral is part of the point of DDR and Guitar Hero! Dance to play! Strum a guitar! Nobody would care if they didn't have those peripherals, it's the entire gimmick (Amplitude and Frequency weren't industry-defining titles, but the core gameplay was reused for Guitar Hero)

But a fighting game is about pushing buttons that beat the other guy up. Whether you use a stick or not doesn't change what you're doing.

Unless you're playing at the "fighting games are just rectangles fighting for space" level, in which case you're not really playing a fighting game any more anyway.

I don't want to turn this into a debate thread. Aside from the fact that you ignored my post detailing the merits of a joystick, I'll just say you're flat out wrong in the bolded areas. And that's not debatable, leave it at that.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
borghe said:
Yeah I know, how would a multiplayer game possibly benefit from a more competent online infrastructure where players can communicate intent to play with people who may not be playing that same game at the same time? Man, some people.

Shig said:
Yeah I know, how would a multiplayer game possibly benefit from a more competent online infrastructure where players can communicate intent to play with people who may not be playing that same game at the same time? Man, some people.

Yeah, if wii has no games it sucks, if it has it should be on "insert your system of choice here", Man, some people.

SYNTAX182

comedy bomb said:

I have 360 and wii so i could care less but i think them porting this is not worth it because of how niche the title is, they would probably lose money porting this to other consoles.

It's funny how people can buy and mod expensive arcade sticks, purchase $500 systems, etc. but don't want to buy a wii

borghe

Shig said:
it would benefit to a degree... but as long as online is competent and meets minimum requirements on the wii, I don't see why anyone would pass on it or honestly expect capcom to port it, especially given how niche the title is.

This is fantastic news!!!

One less reason for me to install the homebrew channel and break my ToS

Anything added extra to the game is good news if you ask me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Shig said:
;)

MThanded

borghe said:
What are you talking about? Banned meme. How is this a meme? There are much more quality arcade sticks for other systems. I have all 3 systems too. do you need a picture. I cant believe you are trying to call me out on that... That is really a dick move. I dont mind it being on wii its just that I would like to be able to use my vshg or my TE SF4 arcade stick and not have to buy a wii specific arcade stick... Your assumption that I am some sort of wii hater is way off base. Why would I not want it to come to other systems? It can still come to the wii too. SF4 should come to the wii also if possible.

I think secretly you are the fanboy here. Making off base assumptions.

MThanded said:
What are you talking about? Banned meme. How is this a meme? There are much more quality arcade sticks for other systems. I have all 3 systems too. do you need a picture. I cant believe you are trying to call me out on that... That is really a dick move. I dont mind it being on wii its just that I would like to be able to use my vshg or my TE SF4 arcade stick and not have to buy a wii specific arcade stick... Your assumption that I am some sort of wii hater is way off base.

"Bawww why isn't this on System X" is a banned meme because it's idiotic.
Either get the system it's for, or don't get the game at all.
Crying about it won't do you any good.

MThanded said:
What are you talking about? Banned meme. How is this a meme? There are much more quality arcade sticks for other systems. I have all 3 systems too. do you need a picture. I cant believe you are trying to call me out on that... That is really a dick move.

Once again, get a lagless converter. The MOST ubiquitous platform for arcade sticks is PSX so I'm sure you have one.

borghe

MThanded said:
What are you talking about? Banned meme. How is this a meme? There are much more quality arcade sticks for other systems. I have all 3 systems too. do you need a picture. I cant believe you are trying to call me out on that... That is really a dick move.
The point being that between the Hori fighting stick (which is the same stick as 90% of the variant "release" sticks for the 360 and PS3) and the PS2 sticks with a PS2->GCN adapter, there are more than enough quality arcade sticks for the Wii. Especially considering this game lets you fully map every button.

edit - beaten. and yes, it's a banned meme to ask for a game on a different platform when the publisher has either already gone out and basically said it's not coming or has a dubious history of not doing such ports.... aka in this case from Wii to PS360.

MThanded

AceBandage said:
"Bawww why isn't this on System X" is a banned meme because it's idiotic.
Either get the system it's for, or don't get the game at all.
Crying about it won't do you any good.

I said

I said ported. Bring it out on everything would be nice. Is that such a big problem. If it comes out on wii I will buy it. Did I say why is it not on system X. Get your facts straight.

borghe said:
The point being that between the Hori fighting stick (which is the same stick as 90% of the variant "release" sticks for the 360 and PS3) and the PS2 sticks with a PS2->GCN adapter, there are more than enough quality arcade sticks for the Wii. Especially considering this game lets you fully map every button.

omg chill out. Is it so wrong to want a game to come to all systems. Like I dont understand why that is such a damn problem. I am not a system fanboy I play on anything. It was just a damn comment...

If I was on here saying dont bring it out on the wii thats one thing. But now I got the wii defense force attacking me because I would like to see it on something other than the wii too. I love fighting games and it would be great for as many people as possible to experience this one. Is that a damn crime?

ShinAmano said:
I have a Wii (and this game as well as two Super Famicom Classic Controllers to play it with), but I support a port. None of my friends have a Wii most have 360 so i would get more out of the game...that said I still may pick up the NA release if they add content.

This is my thought exactly.

I'm probably just wasting my breath but shouldn't we all just be happy that this game is being given another chance and hope for competent online rather than taking the extra step of estimating how much better it would be on other systems? Maybe Hardcore gamers really can't ever be satisfied.

borghe

I wasn't trying to be a dick. But just as it's annoying on any other game/console to hear "Oh man I hope/wish this game comes out for system x" it's annoying to hear it here as well. This game has been out for over half a year now, a 360/PS3 port has never even been rumored, it's US release was highly doubtful and now that it's announced a good portion of posts in this thread are over something that will NEVER happen. again, not trying to be a dick, but I don't get why people at this stage in the game's life are still doing the "I hope it comes out for PS360" dance. It isn't. It won't. No chance. Definitely not a fanboy.. just a realist in this case.

and no, in this case wanting it out for all systems ISN'T a good thing, as the cost to port it to those systems would likely never be recouped from sales.. seriously I would be shocked if the game sells even 50K on Wii in NA, a system starved for fighters. On 360 and PS3 with all of their mega mainstream fighters I would be shocked if it even did 30K in sales between the two. Porting the game in this case would basically cause it to make even less money for capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom