• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
jman2050 said:
Wait, and the VS games aren't fanservice in the truest sense? That was kind of the whole idea behind this crossover business in the first place.

Not really. The versus games, particularly Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, do not have the mainstream appeal of Super Smash Brothers. They're in completely different leagues in terms of fanservice appeal. Expecting success out of TvC on the Wii just because SSBB did well would be a mistake. Even using SSBB as a evidence for potential sales of TvC would be a mistake.

Both the Capcom and Tatsunoko characters aren't nearly as well known or revered as the Nintendo mascots by a majority of Wii consumers. Most of the characters in TvC have never made an appearance on the Wii before.

Just got a heads up from Amazon, the game is coming out (according to them anyway) September 5th!

11978eg.jpg

I mean sure that's a little too good to be true, and will probably be pushed back maybe a month or so but still...

Nemesis_

Surely they would've announced online and new characters more than a month away to build up hype, right?

I can't see this coming over so quick. >_>

ShockingAlberto said:
September 5th is a Saturday

No games come out on Saturday.

Hmm should've thought of checking what day it fell on. Still, it might be an indicator that we're getting it much sooner than the end of this year/beginning of next year. Here's hoping!

rpmurphy

Are there other fighting games where you can choose to play as really huge characters? I love that about this game. PTX and Gold Lightan are awesome, even though they may not be top tier.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Taken from the Capcom-Unity post by s-kill:

I did get a little taste of new TvC character just recently and he/she/it (seekrits!) looked GREAT. Like... maybe my new favorite.

PS- I think if you were to shave the beard, that would technically constitute a biohazard, so make sure you bring your beard-shavings containment gear, lest you risk getting everything all grody.

best,

Seth

Taken from that post.

Ookami-kun said:
Taken from the Capcom-Unity post by s-kill:

I did get a little taste of new TvC character just recently and he/she/it (seekrits!) looked GREAT. Like... maybe my new favorite.

PS- I think if you were to shave the beard, that would technically constitute a biohazard, so make sure you bring your beard-shavings containment gear, lest you risk getting everything all grody.

best,

Seth

Taken from that post.
BARRY!!!
C'mon Leon...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ookami-kun said:
I Want Capcom to go to the next level and bring on LIVE ACTION JAPANESE SUPERHEROES!
Dekamaster's super should always land 100 hits!
Oh dear god, that would be the best move for them to make. I don't know the entire roster of anime characters in Tatsunoko (well, maybe a couple of the "G-Force" anime), but Toei vs Capcom?

Oh hell, i can't even begin to imagine the awesomeness that would pour out of such dvd.

DTJAAAAM

I'd so love it if Barry was in TVC. I always annoy my coworkers about how I think Barry > Leon, so this would be icing on the cake.

Kuraudo

Banned
Barry would totally be out of left field, but I can't think of anyone else those hints would be referring to. So awesome:lol

Click the link above; the beard line is Seth's response to another poster's joking threat to shave his beard. It's not a hint about who the character is.

I posted this on Unity so I copied and pasted it.

It's gotta be RE5 Chris. BioHazard being the giant giveaway. For those that don't know it's the Japanese name of Resident Evil. The beard that Seth is referencing is one of Chris' early looks for RE5. And if Chris was to shave his beard he'd look like he used to in RE1 and Code Veronica.

rev5x3002.jpg

If this is the case then I wonder what a Chris moveset will look like. We know he fight but him being a MvC2 Jill clone is out of the question. I'm gonna wait and see what develops from the clues Seth drops.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, the beard thing was not meant to be a hint - it's meant to be a response on an earlier post regarding Seth being shaved or something.

OR IT COULD BE A HINT TOO!

KAL2006

Banned
Dante (DMC)
Wesker (RE)
Hagger (Final Fight)
Strider
Dead Rising Character
Phoenix Wright
Zak and Wiki
Ryu (Breath of Fire)
Spencer (Bionic Commando)

so many potential characters

Kuraudo

Banned
Father_Brain said:
Click the link above; the beard line is Seth's response to another poster's joking threat to shave his beard. It's not a hint about who the character is.

So it isn't. The PS actually makes sense in context.

Basically all we know is that the knew character is a character then.

Nemesis_

What I don't understand is that Capcom should just take this engine and make a game with their own characters. No licensing costs/fees and then we'd be able to stick as many characters in the game as possible.

As someone said, there's too many awesome characters to limit it just to 2. >_>

I'm excited for the new character reveal, though I hope it's not Resident Evil related but it all hints point towards that way; I hope they do something unpredictable with the others they're adding. I will embrace whomever they announce! I'm actually going to buckle and buy a Wii for this game, amongst the others (Cursed Mountain, Silent Hill) so I'm ready to get my hands on this one.

Nemesis556 said:
What I don't understand is that Capcom should just take this engine and make a game with their own characters. No licensing costs/fees and then we'd be able to stick as many characters in the game as possible.
They tried that.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
They tried that.
Capcom Fighting Evolution was a half-hearted attempt at best. If they really put some effort into a true Capcom crossover, I think it would have the potential to be great.

Halvie

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I'm actually going to buckle and buy a Wii for this game,

This! Seems like the only fighter I can get my friends to mess with for longer than five minutes. Hopefully the netcode is pretty decent too.

Gunloc said:
Capcom Fighting Evolution was a half-hearted attempt at best. If they really put some effort into a true Capcom crossover, I think it would have the potential to be great.
I know. I'd love a straight up Capcom fighter in the vein of the Versus series.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ookami-kun said:
Wow, there are still people who are doubting about the controls?

I haven't read this whole thread, but I came in here specifically to post "How are you supposed to play this game?". Do you use a classic controller or is there some JDM arcade stick I don't know about?

xero273

Adam Prime said:
Huh? Excuse my laziness but how many buttons does this game have? Is it a 4B or 6B?

... I'm thinking about picking up a Wii soon, definitely want to get in on this!

four buttons. light attack, medium attack, strong attack, and assist.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
xero273 said:
four buttons. light attack, medium attack, strong attack, and assist.

So how would that work on a Wii remote? There's only three buttons on the face...? A button and 1 and 2. Then you hit the back button for the assist?

... as I'm typing that it does make sense. So the classic controller D-Pad is seen as pretty component? I might just go with that so I can play other VC games. Stick seems bit pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom