• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

TunaLover said:
No D:
I think it was obvious choice since it was a hidden character

That, and out of all the Tatsunoko characters, no one knows who the fuck he is. I have my money on Joe, Speed Racer and Speedy Cerviche. Capcom? Too many to possibly guess :lol

jman2050 said:
Am I the only one who thought reading that Phoenix Wright response that he was partially joking?
God, I hope so.

-PXG- said:
That, and out of all the Tatsunoko characters, no one knows who the fuck he is. I have my money on Joe, Speed Racer and Speedy Cerviche. Capcom? Too many to possibly guess :lol
Speed's not in it. It's been stated several times since Comic Con. =[

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
-PXG- said:

Well, I can't speak for the US, but I know Hakushon is the only Tatsunoko character I instantly recognized. I was like "WTF that's a Tatsunoko character? If someone had told me he'd fight against Ryu back then...". Casshern too, but that's because I knew the live action film, and Gatchaman (I knew the name).

I do want Speedy from Samurai Pizza Cats though.

-PXG-

Jet Grind Radio! said:
God, I hope so.

Speed's not in it. It's been stated several times since Comic Con. =[

He's by far the most recognizable character. Odd...

I just noticed that the new HUD is very similar to SFIII: Second Impact's

EDIT

Hmmmm...

hmmmm.jpg

Others include Dr. Light, Silvia, and others I have no clue as to who they are.

robox

i really hope they'll add a couple more big giant robots. their viability has been proven with ptx and gold lightan both making apperances at the high level tournies.

on the capcom side..
something from cyberbots
something from tech romancer (although everything there is a rip off of something)
a wyvern from monster hunter would be cool too....

Kuraudo

Banned
-PXG- said:

EDIT

Hmmmm...

hmmmm.jpg

Got a link to that video?

TreIII

Sadist said:
Here's hoping for the Pizza Cats...

Pizza Cats/Kyatto Ninden is probably not likely.

Like I said a few pages ago, SPC/KN is like a number of other Tatsu properties; rights are tied up because some one else lays claim to the rights beyond Tatsu themselves.

In this case, Sotsu TV agency helped Tatsunoko market the show. Sotsu is a subsidiary of Bandai-Namco. You do the math. :D;

On the other hand, since Tekkaman Blade was in at least one SRW game to my recall, maybe it shows that Bandai is willing to play ball, at least sometimes...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
-PXG- said:
hmmmm.jpg

Awesome! That guy is Knight Arthur from Ghost 'N Goblin. I love that series.

Also the monster that both of them rushing is Last Boss of Ghost 'N Goblin as well.

(I wonder that Knight Arthur was planning to be in the game. I hope that they add him in)

DR2K

Banned
This game is coming out in a month and Capcom has barely put any hype or give us any info on it. Are they expecting it to bomb so they're just not wasting their time on it or is it going to get pushed back until Q1 2010, like every other non-sequel?

TunaLover

-PXG- said:
That, and out of all the Tatsunoko characters, no one knows who the fuck he is.

I loved the guy music theme, it was the only unsexy guy who doesn't used helmet too -I don't remember the japanese word for helmeted guys-

Ekgar

Banned
I hate all Capcom's Versus games, and the Rival Schools games. It's all combo memorization and trying to get a combo in. Doing the same combo 50 times until you win. No thanks. Give me SFII:WW over any of that crap

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ekgar said:
I hate all Capcom's Versus games, and the Rival Schools games. It's all combo memorization and trying to get a combo in. Doing the same combo 50 times until you win. No thanks. Give me SFII:WW over any of that crap

Ahahahaha joke post of the day.

Protip - you're more prone doing that in "competitive" Smash than in versus games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ekgar said:

Dude, you need to calm down.

Ekgar said:
I like how dumb people called R&C a platformer when it's more of a 3rd person mascot shooter with very little platform elements.
Ekgar said:
The PS2 generation sucked for RPGs, because Sakaguchi didn't do much. Persona series sucks.
Ekgar said:
I am glad because Oblivion sucks
Ekgar said:
I would get this collection if it allowed Gamecube controls, because the Wiimote controls suck ass.
Ekgar said:
I bought a HRAP for PS2 2 years ago for $90. I refuse to get another joystick, especially since HDRemix has horrible graphics, especially Ryu and Ken's standing smirks, and SFIV is the fugliest game ever created.
Ekgar said:
Ninja Gaiden is probably the most overrated action game of the 3D generations. All it is is blocking, dodging and doing the flying swallow. It's incredibly repetitive and cheap, and with the current-gen, Team Ninja is no longer the graphical geniuses we thought they were.
Ekgar said:
This generation blows because all RPGs do not have the complete package that WoW has. Every time I play an RPG, especially a Yankee-RPG not called WoW, it does not compare. Mass Effect is just a pretty KoTOR, which was a horrible game revered because it was a Star Wars game.
Ekgar said:
Wavebirds suck. Too much lag.

And that's just the first page.

Ekgar said:
I'm sorry. What are you talking about?

Seiken said:
Dude, you need to calm down.

And that's just the first page.

You can add another one to the list

Ekgar said:
Games, book, and movie stories all suck because they want to have "twists and turns" (I hate that phrase), on purpose, which makes everything predictably unpredictably, which is overall, very predictable.

I like how every game review about an RPG must have the line "It has many twists and turns" (LOL). Come up with something new.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
nvm (just googled to find answer) but other question,

I wonder who will be 5 new characters.. I really hope one character from Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Phoenix Wright and Ghost N' Ghoul; awhile T get new character since I am not really big fan of their anime but I should start to watch some of their anime to get the idea. :-\

Edit 2: OMG I forget about Breath of Fire franchise.. I hope to see Katt or Nina.

Gagaman

-PXG- said:

EDIT

Hmmmm...

hmmmm.jpg

Darn does Arthur deserve a playable appearance in a Capcom vs game by now. Considering he had an assist sprite in Marvel vs Capcom 1 I was quite disappointed when he didn't appear in the sequel.

Gagaman

MoxManiac said:
The problem with arthur is what other moves would he have aside from throwing shit?
You could say the same about Jill Valentine, but they found inventive ways for her to work (send in zombies, crows etc). Hell, they even made Kobun an inventive fighter. He could have that devil git fly in and bug the opponent, send in one of the bosses and of course find some comical way to attack by flinging his armor leaving him down to his pants for a moment.

Sir Arthur would be awesome! There are so many possibilities for his move set. And if Firebrand is not a playable character, he should be part of Arthur's move set.

Nemesis_

This game is coming out in a month and Capcom has barely put any hype or give us any info on it. Are they expecting it to bomb so they're just not wasting their time on it or is it going to get pushed back until Q1 2010, like every other non-sequel?

We don't even have a solid release date.

TreIII

CreatureX3 said:
Sir Arthur would be awesome! There are so many possibilities for his move set. And if Firebrand is not a playable character, he should be part of Arthur's move set.

I could go for this. Two characters, who are obviously the most well known/recognized characters in the GnG brand, basically making for one character. That could be AWESOME, if done well.

Gagaman said:
You could say the same about Jill Valentine, but they found inventive ways for her to work (send in zombies, crows etc).

Hell, don't forget that Saki herself was once an Assist in MvC, and then made into a full character for TvC.

If they could do such stuff for her, certainly the same could be done for Arthur (w/ Red Arremer).

Nabs

Nose Master said:
Finally got the chance to play this the other day. Despite hating MvC2 (aka sucking at it), I enjoyed this immensely.

I got to use Viewtiful Joe yesterday and had a blast. Weeee need VJWii

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Shadowlink said:
Maybe they'll announce some sort of expansion for the japanese version. Anyways I'm glad that we're going to see new characters soon.

Yeah had the same thought.

dankir

Is this game a 4 button or 6 button layout? I'm debating on whether I should get a Wii Arcade stick. What are the chances it come to 360? I already have my SF IV TE stick, should I wait?

Grecco

Shadowlink said:
Maybe they'll announce some sort of expansion for the japanese version. Anyways I'm glad that we're going to see new characters soon.

Yeah a special edition version would make sense. I cant wait for more US details though.

dankir said:
Is this game a 4 button or 6 button layout? I'm debating on whether I should get a Wii Arcade stick. What are the chances it come to 360? I already have my SF IV TE stick, should I wait?

If I'm not mistaken I read here or it was Capcom unity maybe? Anywho, T vs. C is for the Wii as of now because the PC & HD consoles are home to SFIV for the foreseeable future. I think that's what Capcom expressed.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Leon being one of the characters would make perfect sense..afterall, Darkside Chronicles will be releasing in Japan this year..

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
dankir said:

4 buttons: 3 attack buttons (weak, medium, fierce) and 1 partner button.

GhostSeed

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6216031/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars-hands-on

The headline feature for the Western release is four new characters, two from Capcom and two from Tatsunoko. These characters will be revealed in full at the Tokyo Game Show, and despite how hard we tried, we couldn't get Niitsuma-san to reveal the lineup. He did, however, say that the online matchmaking will be improved over the Japanese release, with better filtering according to skill, and US/European players will be able to play against all other territories around the world.

I thought the Japanese release didn't even have a online mode or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom