• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Dascu said:
...There is no online in the Japanese release. What the hell is he talking about?
New possible build? :O
Notice though how he never said that a japanese version would go online though, it was merely implied.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Uh yeah, the one being released in the US is a new build. What boggles me is why show it in TGS - which again, is clarified when you think about them re-releasing it in Japan.

vall03

only 4 characters? then there would be one less Tatsunoko character :(

Anyway, TGS is already next month and I cant wait for the announcement. Still weird that they're announcing this in Japanese Event.

The fact they talk about improved online over the original Japanese version makes me think someone at Gamespot messed up and mistranslated whatever Niitsuma said and forgot to mention the third Tatsunoko character to balance the roster.

Another theory is that they are indeed going to reveal a Japanese version of Ultimate All-stars WITH Daimao and the Japanese version will have two extra characters while we get the same two characters PLUS a replacement for Daimao. Though that's really screwy for world-wide online play.

jrricky

Banned
Capcom, PLEASE deliver on the online with a top notch lobby and netcode! Dont go the way of SF4, learn from your mistakes...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am curious to see what characters that they will put on Capcom's side.

I really hope for Breath of Fire characters and Sir Arthur.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So yeah, I met another stupid person who compared this to MvC2 and complained.

Seriously, stop doing this. THIS IS TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM, NOT MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3.

DR2K

Banned
jrricky said:
Capcom, PLEASE deliver on the online with a top notch lobby and netcode! Dont go the way of SF4, learn from your mistakes...

Don't know what game you were playing, but the netcode was excellent for SFIV. Matchmaking not so stellar. . . but if they can accomplish SFIV quality netcode for a Wii game, then it'll be the smoothest game online for the system yet.

Nemesis_

I'm not sure if this is old, but Capcom Unity posted this up on their twitter.

hrzh93.jpg

And they also posted this to go with it:

HAHA PS win: RT @Spruchy: http://twitpic.com/fd0tr - @Capcom_Unity Woo Samurai Pizza Cats and Speed Racer in TvC, YOU CAN'T STOP THE LEAK.

Not really sure what to think, though I know that Speed Racer artwork is already featured on the back of the Speed Racer (Wii) videogame.

Linkhero1

I wish Samurai Pizza Cats are really in.

Edit: I just looked and I think that's just fan art Photoshopped. >:|

They say it in their twitter.

This game is the number one reason I put my broken Wii for $50 replacement plan in to effect. Cannot wait to play this. Really hope the online shines and can't wait to see the game in action.

Razien

Banned
I hope the connection Brazil-US can hold up, so I can kick the ass of some of you.
Actually, I'm terrible at those kind of games, so I'll be the kicked.

Linkhero1 said:
This will probably be the only game I play online for Wii. I hope to add a lot of you and have some fun.
Not interested in MH3?

Nemesis556 said:
I'm not sure if this is old, but Capcom Unity posted this up on their twitter.

hrzh93.jpg

And they also posted this to go with it:

Not really sure what to think, though I know that Speed Racer artwork is already featured on the back of the Speed Racer (Wii) videogame.

It's actually fanart made on Deviantart from over a year ago.

http://bignasty4life.deviantart.com/art/Don-t-Call-It-A-Comeback-87720666

I find it very odd. It's most likely just a fan that's doing a little BS trolling going "Yeah these are the characters" and Capcom just responded with a sarcastic "Har har, of course they are"

I don't believe in that G4 Confirmation of no Speed, but I find the trouble of going through Speed Racer Enterprises for the license more than it's worth for Capcom. I have a good feeling Yattaro will make it and if he doesn't, Capcom will state licensing issues were to blame.

Linkhero1

Razien said:
I hope the connection Brazil-US can hold up, so I can kick the ass of some of you.
Actually, I'm terrible at those kind of games, so I'll be the kicked.

Not interested in MH3?
I wasn't interested in it before. I am starting to gain some interest but I'm not really into MH games. So far this is the only game I really want to play online for Wii.

CaVaYeRo

I also interviewed Niitsuma-san. We could even play a battle and, being horrible as I am, I got to win by a timeout! :lol

The man is really nice, here you have some notes from my Spanish interview:

- They could use Wii arcade board (used in TvC) for future arcades, but for Tatsunoko is a one off
- Wii chosen as the new platform for the SD stream of Capcom fighting games, and for new players to get into the genre
- NWC online multiplayer will have no territory restrictions
- 3-4 new characters, won't reveal which ones yet
- game balance being improved for this version
- Tatsunoko chosen for sentimental, well known characters. Many team members grew up with them.
- A lot of feedback asking for online mode after Japanese launch. They decided to include it the next opportunity, and there we have it. Also, in EU and America people live far from each other, so it was a must.
- A lot of OST licenses where pretty difficult to get, more in western version. He had to decide for every character if it was worth the fight, or if it was better to keep resources for other things and go ahead. So revised OST for the West.
- Dash!! Kappei (huge in Spain, we were interested) difficult to get due to the co-production between Tatsunoko and TV company.
- Not a huge effort to get those great graphics/effects on the Wii, they say they just took advantage of the full potential of the machine, specially the GPU.
- ¿PS360 version? it would be more intelligent to make a new game for them, giving resources, effort and time that port would require.

I guess you know some of that things from other GC interviews

Capcom released three combat vídeos during the gamescom, you may already know about them.

Before playing, he told us the fighter selection screen and fighter icons for the lifebar have been changed ;)

And that's all, I really LOVED it with Hori stick. And I didn't even prefer the "VS" stream or the 3 buttons config, I'm more on the Alpha 2 - Third Strike - IV side.

Tenbatsu said:
Coming to JP I suppose?

I figured with Online Play and them revealing the new content at TGS, it seemed like a no-brainer.

Still hope there's some good info to be had. I was really hoping there'd be some Famitsu info before TGS.

TreIII

Tenbatsu said:
Famitsu scan show a new character.

TEKKA MAN BLADE!!!

I KNOW! IT MADE ME SO HAPPY!!!!

D-BOY IS HERE!!! They definitely delivered when they said the newest round of characters would be "more familiar to American audiences".

Bravo, Capcom. Now this game is DEFINITELY re-bought.

TreIII

Good! Now just promise me that the JP version will have the original tracks, but also online compatibility with the US release, and SOLD. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Why doesnt Capcom ever put BoF Characters in their fighting or cross-over games?
Is it because the main character is also "Ryu"?! Stop hating your RPGs!

And that makes 1.

It's cool that Blade is in but I need hype and this isn't cutting it. Maybe Capcom's first pick may do it. But I don't know if any announcement will top when they said Jun and Viewtiful Joe were confirmed though. Capcom needs another addition like Saki to do it for me. Something unexpected because I kinda knew that for the Tatsu Side that they were going to scrape the barrel because of the licenses and shit. But Capcom has the freedom to do whatever they damn well please with their choices. I'll hold back any reservations until TGS when you know shit is gonna go down.

yankee666

I only hope that original jap TVC owners can get this update via DLC. I dont wanna buy this game again. Ill pay up to $20 more for 4 new players and online, but not $60-70 again for that, is an excellent game dont get me wrong.

yankee666 said:
I only hope that original jap TVC owners can get this update via DLC. I dont wanna buy this game again. Ill pay up to $20 more for 4 new players and online, but not $60-70 again for that, is an excellent game dont get me wrong.

If life was that fair. But this is Japan after all. Kings & Queens of the Final Mixes, International Editions and Universal Tunings.

UAS will probably replace what's currently there as a whatever serves for a Greatest Hits version Wii or charge full price for it again.

But that would be nice though.

SaintZ said:
Oh god, I just want Komugi playable pleaseee.

Yes! It'd be cool if she could cosplay as various Tatsunoko AND Capcom characters. That'd be awesome.

Anyway, I hope more is known about this article soon? Shouldn't there be a matching Capcom character, or is Blade taking Daimao's spot?

-PXG-

bathala said:
graphics is gorgeous

u can use classic controller with this right

In the JP version you can. That's what I use. I like it more than the GCN controller.

EDIT

And of course, the people playing suck. Typical :lol Nothing will beat watching GT play SFIV for the first time. Whoo boy :lol

-PXG-

_dementia said:
Totolo vs Soulja Boy in HD Remix says otherwise. :D

I can't finish. They are just too bad. Plus, they were playing the DEMO :lol :lol :lol

EDIT

Saw the Gears one. Jesus Christ. I would tear SJ up. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom