• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
jrricky said:
This sucks.
Someone I know said the same thing. Apparently he entered a local tournament having never played the game before, yet won regardless. :lol
I hope UAS fixes any brokeness the original had.

But regardless I'll be picking it up. It looks so interesting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Drkirby said:
I think its going to be that Zero and not the Zero from the X series, since he is just Zero in the X series and I don't think is ever called Mega Man Zero till the Zero series.

He wasn't referred as Mega Man Zero in the file though, but just "Zero".

Linkhero1

I hope it's Zero from the X series. Also as Ookami-kun pointed out, the name of the image was just Zero, so it doesn't tell us much. We'll just have to wait and see.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Drkirby said:
Thats it. I thought it was an SNK Vs. Capcom game, but I checked Capcom vs. SNK 2 and found nothing. I only remember playing it for like 20 minutes and just messing around a bit with Zero.

I think its going to be that Zero and not the Zero from the X series, since he is just Zero in the X series and I don't think is ever called Mega Man Zero till the Zero series.
He's still "Zero" in the MMZ games you know, Megaman Zero just the title for the games. It's the same "timeline", just a (superior) design.

I really, really hope it's GBA Zero.

I like MMX Zero, but he doesn't scream "badass fighter" to me like the GBA Zero does.

It is entirely possible that this is because I played all the Zero series games before I played the X games where Zero is playable, despite X being my favorite platformer ever.

-PXG-

ShockingAlberto said:

I like MMX Zero, but he doesn't scream "badass fighter" to me like the GBA Zero does.

It is entirely possible that this is because I played all the Zero series games before I played the X games where Zero is playable, despite X being my favorite platformer ever.

Boo this man! BOOOOOOOO!!!

I would much rather have more creative characters in the game than Frank West, like Harmen Smith being the KILLER7 as one character, or Gene and have Nemesis as the boss or sub boss.

Linkhero1

ShockingAlberto said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up using this Zero. I'd honestly rather have the MMX version.

Also people need to buy this game. I want a sequel.

Boss Doggie

Host Samurai said:
I would much rather have more creative characters in the game than Frank West, like Harmen Smith being the KILLER7 as one character, or Gene and have Nemesis as the boss or sub boss.

How are they "more creative" than Frank?

Seriously, why do people pull out the "more creative" card out of their ass?

-PXG-

Impressions of Tekkman Blade from SRK

Atb_555 said:
Right guys I have played a version with Tekkaman Blade (currently available to play at Neoempire's Super VS Battle):

Movement:
He is so awakeward to maneuver, his double dash is an angular air dash movement like Morrigan's but flys at 45 degrees and has some start up, namely a booster animation. You can cancel it with a normal but if you do it too fast the normal wont actually hit anything. One guy said you can cancel it with an up direction. Another property of his double dash is if you double dash again he will fly horizontally. It starts a little slow but once he gets moving he travels very very fast. If your in the air and dash you'll get the horizontal one. His walking pace is normal.

Specials:
Qcf + Attack-
He throws out the sharp ends of his lance (which is divided into two) if they connect he teleports to the opponent and rips them out. A version horizontal and if it connects he doesnt do the teleport thing after. B version is at a 45 degree angle didnt check if he does the teleport thing after. C version is longer reaching horizontal with the extra animation described. If you miss you are so open especially the C version. IIRC you can do this move in the air too. I'll double check today and update.

Qcb + Attack-
Blade dash foward leaving his lance behind spinning after he stops he yanks it back to him like a yoyo. The strength of the button determines the distance. Im fairly sure you cant hit him while he is dashing forward. Also he can dash right through the opponent with this move.

Rapid Attack-
Basically spins his lance above his head while one the ground. Covers quite good space. This is also his assist attack.

Charge d, u + Attack-
Does a quick spin of his lance above his head (like above but doesnt cover a lot of space) then dashes foward spinning is lance in front of him.

Air d + C-
Exactly the same as normal Tekkaman's a quick downward strike.

Supers:
Qcf + Two Attacks-
Blade charges foward really quickly strikes you a couple of times while suspended in the air (very similar to Kens super)

??? + Two Attacks-
Cant remember the command but he has another super where he fires his two shoulder cannons at angle below 45 degrees.

Lvl3:
HCB + Two Attacks(?)-
Starts off kinda similar to Chipps instant death move. Flys up and spreads his arms out and creates a huge ball of energy around him. If you get a touched by it then it goes into a special animation where his chest opens up and he blasts you. Otherwise his same thing happens if you dont get touched by the energy field.

I'll double confirm a few things but a lot of it is right. I'll post more if I find anything new.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=195175&page=11

Ookami-kun said:
How are they "more creative" than Frank?

Seriously, why do people pull out the "more creative" card out of their ass?

Where do you pull that response out of your ass? Frank is just a normal guy. Who wouldn't rather have say the Killer7 used in a unique way or Gene with his over the top moves?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:

Agreed

Boss Doggie

Host Samurai said:
Where do you pull that response out of your ass? Frank is just a normal guy. Who wouldn't rather have say the Killer7 used in a unique way or Gene with his over the top moves?

And...?

Creativity comes from the people who can make moves from the character, not the character themselves.

Regardless on my opinion regarding Captain Falcon's faux badassery that plagued the minds of Nintendo fanboys, it was creative of them to give him Kamen Rider-inspired moves to a character who never fought someone.

Hell, characters who already fought and stuff have the risk of being uncreative because they already have a preset move. :p

Nemesis_

Harman Smith would be so badass. Just thinking of the awesome possibilities - it'd be like Harman had 7 different assists, one for each personality. =P

neo2046

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090915_315768.html
http://www.4gamer.net/games/098/G009808/20090915047/

Wi-Fi Match screens
tcuas005.jpg

tcuas006.jpg

ShinAmano

It is nice that this is getting a stateside release, but after playing this for a while now I am more interested in hearing talk about a sequel*...has there been any?

*Not to discount how awesome the rumor that Frank West might be in the re-release.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
xero273 said:
I was really hoping to see someone from Sengoku Basara in this game. oh well maybe sequel.
If they ever get around to putting Basara characters in a vs. game they better put in both Date and Yukimura.

Jokeropia said:
Now I'm not very familiar with the Tatsunoko or Versus franchises and I haven't played a Street Fighter in 15 years, but doesn't that seem a bit excessive? :p
sometimes you just have to unleash billions of points worth of damage to a motherfucker

Blueblur1 said:
Gonna have to disagree there. I prefer this one.

[I MG]http://casualtygamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/zero.jpg[/IMG]

This one looks like a little girl.

[IM G]http://membres.lycos.fr/rykakun/megaman_zero002.jpg[/IMG]
Okay.

But one fought and won a war by himself. The other failed to win a war and exploded at slight taps over and over and over.

Roto13

Blueblur1 said:
Gonna have to disagree there. I prefer this one.

[IMG.]http://casualtygamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/zero.jpg[/IMG]

This one looks like a little girl.

[IMG.]http://membres.lycos.fr/rykakun/megaman_zero002.jpg[/IMG]
When I was a kid I was sure that Zero was a girl.

_dementia said:
Someone I know said the same thing. Apparently he entered a local tournament having never played the game before, yet won regardless. :lol
I hope UAS fixes any brokeness the original had.

But regardless I'll be picking it up. It looks so interesting.

It's fun as hell. I love 2 v. 2 vs. games, the madness is intact.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ShockingAlberto said:
Also MMX Zero has giant glowing nipples.

You know

Like a stripper
At least he doesn't spend 3 hours on his hair every day.

LOOK AT THAT SHINE.

Roto13

Choppasmith said:
Official website is up in English

http://tatsunoko.vscapcom.com/

I really dig the character profiles. I hope this doesn't have a shoddy translation like CvS2. Sounds silly, but I actually want to know what the characters say to each other after certain matchups.
It was confirmed a while ago that they weren't going to be translating most of the voices. Only a few will be in English. (I hope Viewtiful Joe is one of those few.)

Roto13 said:
It was confirmed a while ago that they weren't going to be translating most of the voices. Only a few will be in English. (I hope Viewtiful Joe is one of those few.)

Oh no that's fine, I mean the Win Quotes. As I understand it, in the Japanese version of CvS2 there was a lot of dialog and banter when using certain characters against certain characters, but a lot of that was cut out in the English version, a lot of the characters IMO, didn't sound much like themselves. I'm just hoping Capcom doesn't take a rushed approach to the dialog (and here's hoping the Profiles are fully translated too) But judging from the elaborate character profiles on the official webpage, I'm very hopeful.

Nemesis_

Choppasmith said:
Oh no that's fine, I mean the Win Quotes. As I understand it, in the Japanese version of CvS2 there was a lot of dialog and banter when using certain characters against certain characters, but a lot of that was cut out in the English version, a lot of the characters IMO, didn't sound much like themselves. I'm just hoping Capcom doesn't take a rushed approach to the dialog (and here's hoping the Profiles are fully translated too) But judging from the elaborate character profiles on the official webpage, I'm very hopeful.

I'm really not sure why, but I am not keeping my hopes up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Choppasmith said:

Wait, CvS2? As in, Capcom vs SNK 2? I don't think any dialog was cut out of the US releases of CvS2. And the characters most certainly didn't have re-dubbed voices, if that's what you're implying (if not, my apologies).

Roto13

Halvie said:
thanks for posting this...been looking for it. Can you link me to where you found it?
Gamespress. :p PM me if you want the full version. (I can throw in some other character art as well, if you'd like.)

Seraphis Cain said:
Wait, CvS2? As in, Capcom vs SNK 2? I don't think any dialog was cut out of the US releases of CvS2. And the characters most certainly didn't have re-dubbed voices, if that's what you're implying (if not, my apologies).

Yep, not talking about dubbed voices though
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/475155/14741

TvC looks like it has the same deal (special dialog when using certain teams), and I'm just hoping they translate it and not leave anything out this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom