• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Anony said:
i feel sorry of all the japanese people who bought this, even though it didnt sell that well, it just shows you that the dedicated people who bought this got shafted
This has been pretty common practice for fighting games since they're inception.

jrricky

Banned
Anony said:
i feel sorry of all the japanese people who bought this, even though it didnt sell that well, it just shows you that the dedicated people who bought this got shafted
You do realize that the game came out a long while ago right? aand that fighting games get re-releases right? See the upcoming Blazblu...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Oh shit! I was worried about the loss of that one Tatsunoko guy, but with Frank, this game's covered
wars, you know!

Nemesis_

I'm still contemplating picking up the JP version just so I have every single character available.

Then again, I never used him that much anyway.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I can't really place it exactly, but for some reason Frank's face just doesn't look right in TvC. He barely looks like Frank at all.

Still, awesome.

I hate dead rising, and I still thought that was awesome. He looks like a ton of fun to play with, and his music is great lol

DAMN, he has 3 supers?

Servebot
Dead Rising(bat bash)
Real Mega Buster

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's the effect of "cartoonizing" a non-cartoon character.

Oh and didn't Dengeki confirm that it's the same VA?

Frank, I'm real happy for and I'ma let you finish but Chris Redfield was the greatest at killing zombies of all time.

New theme song is catchy but I miss Across the Border. If the Japanese version has Cross the Border then I might get that version. That song needs to be an unlockable in the US version.

January 26th is the day, huh? Now I can get prepared to cover it now.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Haunted said:
WHAT

Frank West?

Frank motherfucking "I've covered wars, you know?" West?

Fucking wow. I did not expect that.

And he's brought zombies. Zombies in shopping carts. And Servbot heads.

Yeah. It's kinda like that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/...capcom_dev_blog__niitsuma_takes_your_requests

"how the project got started"

"Cross Generation of Heroes" (CGOH) was released at the arcade and then on the Wii and we received some good feedback. Therefore there was a discussion in Capcom about whether we can release it in the pan-western territories.

But, once I got this started, the complexity of the franshises in the pan-western territories, amount of time it takes to work on each of them, money, people, other projects, etc. There was a time when the project was about to be put on hold.
(to say the truth, the revenue of the game wasn't really the problem)

Addition to that, the amount of budget I was able to put on this projected was very limited...
At first, I was thinking of making like a "TvC2" for all territories, but I decided I change my mind:

"First release a 'pan-western' SKU of CGOH, and make it a success,
and then make a '2' next time!"

I was confident and I knew that the "VS series" will be well-received in the pan-western territories. As well as that, the developer staff did a great job on it and the quality of the game is very good, so it would be a waste not to finish with just 1 title.

So at an early stage of the project, the project might have even stopped,
but we managed to manage the budget and receive the approval from the company, and now we have great feedback from pan-western territories.

It got quite long, but to make a long story short, "Sorry we took a while, but I'm glad everything worked out in the end" LOL

And at the very last minute, there was a discussion with the Japanese sales and management and it was decided in the very last meeting, so it was the very last minute when we took Japanese voice overs... At first I was planning to take all voices in English.

Uh, getting long here.

To say the truth, there was much more going on, but if I talk everything,
the company will get upset at me, so please let me finish here. LOL

Sounds rough.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Platform: Wii

Rating: Teen

Content descriptors: Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating summary:

This is an acrade-style fighting game in which players can select from among 26 characters based on Tatsunoko anime and Capcom video games (e.g., Street Fighter, Viewtiful Joe, Mega Man). Players compete in tag-team (i.e., two versus two) battles and employ punches, kicks, and special attacks (e.g., laser beams and fire balls) to deplete the opponents' life meters. Weapons such as over-sized machine guns, baseball bats, swords, and golf clubs can be used to attack opponents as well. Certain characters can perform stylized special moves (e.g., giant waves, robot attacks, and repeated firearm blasts) that are depicted in brief animations during combat. Some female fighters wear low-cut halter tops that expose deep cleavage. The dialogue may also contain suggestive material (e.g., "Jun, give me the camera back! I told you I deleted the pictures of your underwear") and the use of expletives (e.g., "a*s," "hell," and "damn").

:lol :lol :lol

Eiji

Ookami-kun said:

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!

24pwcxl.gif
16kri2f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom