• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Milabrega

Only have Yatterman 2 left to unlock :D

Hayato in Tekkaman Blade's ending made me wish he was in the game. Similar to Arthur being in one of the endings of CGOH.

robot

Went to pick up the stick and game from bestbuy. The guy bringing the stick over explains to me and the cashier that the game comes with the stick, so I dont need to buy the game. We both looked at him funny then laughed about it. Cashier gives me the bag, and I leave.

Driving about halfway home, at a light I go to check the back of the game case. I realize the cashier forgot to put the game in my bag. Had to drive back and get it.

BAAAAAARF.

Ronin

I've only put in four matches so far and its been pretty good. No complaints yet. The main thing that's taken some getting used to is the button setup. I'm having a blast though

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Linkhero1 said:
Amazon gave $10 credit towards games/accessories for those who bought TvC on their site. If you did it should be available to use during checkout only.

Huh. Well I can't buy it there anyways, I got $50 in Gamestop cards I need to use. They probably have it anyways.

Good lord, the tagout time has been dramatically increased over MvC! I just trying to hop in and out repeatedly and this game is not having it. The moment you tag, you have about a 3-4 second wait before you can tagout. Me likes :D

ccbfan

Wifi here and the lag was horrendous.

There's literally like a 1 second delay pretty much unplayable. Hopefully it was because of my opponent.

Also Ryu crazy in this game. Everything cancels in hurricane kick and hurricane kick cancels into everything. Its like 3S Ken all over again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
theluma said:
Goddamn is this shit beyond me :/

What do all the symbols even mean in the command list?

AT
some weird thing that's like an x crossed with a ÷

Kinda new to this whole thing, only fighters I've ever really played before are the smash bros games. Not used to big long lists of moves.

Look at the numpad. The numbers designate the direction.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

like...

ub u uf
b neu f
db d df

ReiGun

Didnt manage to pick up my copy, but I got to play a little on a friends copy. So much fun. I was really feeling Ippatsuman and Roll. Cant wait to give that team a try.

xero273

Ookami-kun said:
Look at the numpad. The numbers designate the direction.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

like...

ub u uf
b neu f
db d df

command list doesn't use numbers. They are talking about the in game command list. Those number just mean move can link into another move

Agent X

I preordered the game, but wasn't able to get down to the store to pick it up today. I should have it in my hands tomorrow. Meanwhile, it's great to read so many positive impressions of the game.

-PXG-

Ah yeah

100_1814.jpg

Hiltz

I've been busy playing NMH 2 but I spent a little time with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I've gotten my ass kicked a couple of times already because I'm still trying to get used to the controls and the combat system. I'm using the GameCube controlller at the moment.

Yami can be quite a beast in his third form. Even on the easier setting he can be a tough cookie especially if he spams certain special moves like the chain saw attack.

So far, I've tried playing as Ryu, Ken the Eagle, Chun-Li, Alex, Karas, Polimar, Tekkaman, Casshan, Morrigan, and PTX-40A.

I don't remember if I said this or not, but I got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with No More Heroes 2 as part of the Toys R Us $15 off deal. So if you want to save some money, go to that store. It seems like it may just be a one day deal lasting for the rest of today.

Linkhero1

jaundicejuice said:
So wireless online play is complete garbage then? That seems to be the consensus.
Some people have been having lag free or close to lag free wireless matches, so it's not completely garbage. Just to be safe I'd buy an ethernet adapter.

Volcynika

jaundicejuice said:
So wireless online play is complete garbage then? That seems to be the consensus.

Not sure what Milabrega was using but I played him and I noticed a tiny hiccup or two (barely noticeable) on our match and I'm using wireless.

EDIT: He was on wireless too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seems about 50/50 people saying wireless is fine or garbage. But it's hard to know since you can't tell if it's the other person.

Wireless is fine if you have consistent wireless that doesn't de-sync. People who's Wiis are within 5 feet of their wireless router anyway don't suffer any problems, but people doing that shit cross-house could run into difficulties. Im in the former setup and haven't had any issues.

Then again I could be totally wrong. Just seems reasonable.

Teknoman

jaundicejuice said:

Not really. The majority of people have lag free matches, a few with minor lag here and there, and then a couple really laggy matches.

I wanna say Mila is wireless....but not sure. Never had any problems in his Smash bros and kart matches.

-PXG-

Tekkaman Blade is FUN. It might be me, but Roll got better. And Gan? Holy shit, he's even faster now.

EDIT

His dash is janked as hell though. How the fuck are you supposed to move with him?

jlevel13

I knew about the final boss, but actually trying to fight it for the first time is pretty hilarious (didn't even care that it killed the hell out of me).

Milabrega

Yeah I've played maybe 10~ people now all on wireless set up, no noticeable lag at all. I'ma be in the gaf_wfc irc for a few hours if anyone wants to play some friendly matches. I've added everyone in the online thread. Mostly using my Zero/Tekkaman Blade team, but working Saki/Joe the Condor/Casshern/Frank and the Yatterman's into the mix. Tekkaman Blade's 4th color is pretty badass.

For moves that say Down, Charge, Up + Attack, how exactly do you pull those off?

ccbfan

Crap

Just used Zero and I have a feeling he's gonna be bottom tier.

Bad defense and he does crap damage. His level three super is the only one that seems decent but that does crap damage too if you combo it. I rather keep meter for that burst move since zero's defense is so bad.

Unless someone discover some crazy baroque combo Zero is gonna be terrible.

On a better note. I'm liking Frank West.

GWX

-PXG- said:
Yami in CGoH was MUCH harder. He...err...it seems much easier this time around.

True. It's easier now and I can actually finish the arcade mode without laying on multiple continues! :lol Also, you fight one of the giant characters on the fourth round, which is nice too.

But this is a necessary change, since now you have to finish the game with 6 DIFFERENT CHARACTERS for each side to unlock new ones :S

Milabrega

ccbfan said:

A bit early to be worrying about tiers aren't we? :lol

But yeah, I'll admit I haven't found a good set up or use for his QCF + AA Super.

Snaku

Banned
Picked up my copy at Target tonight. They only had two copies left, which makes me wonder how large the initial production run was. Anyway, can't wait to play this later tonight. First game I've purchased day one since Resident Evil 5.

-PXG-

ccbfan said:
Crap

Bad defense and he does crap damage. His level three super is the only one that seems decent but that does crap damage too if you combo it. I rather keep meter for that burst move since zero's defense is so bad.

Unless someone discover some crazy baroque combo Zero is gonna be terrible.

On a better note. I'm liking Frank West.

In videos, he looked good, but using him, he's slow as hell. Ai, with some work may turn out good. I'm liking T.Blade, but his dash is weird as hell. Weirder than Morrigan's....which is pretty fucked up.

So are there any other Viewtiful Joe players here? If so, do you have any advice? It seems to me that Red Hot Kick is good for mobility and as an air-combo ender, that Shocking Pink is rather useless except for some pressure, and that with the exception of the launch at the end of Mach Speed and using the cannon against big characters, his supers are mediocre, but I'm always terrible at fighting games so I can never judge characters well.

I don't really know who else I want to use. I was surprised to find that I kind of like Batsu and Jun, and maybe Casshan.

Volcynika

-PXG- said:
In videos, he looked good, but using him, he's slow as hell. Ai, with some work may turn out good. I'm liking T.Blade, but his dash is weird as hell. Weirder than Morrigan's....which is pretty fucked up.

Yeah, Morrigan's is weird, it always has to be at an angle!

D:

I want to use her, but not sure who else to team up.

Linkhero1

Volcynika said:

D:

I used to always have Morrigan on my team in the other versus games but ever since playing TvC I've dropped her. She does feel weird and it made me upset. I've moved on since.

FSLink

Banned
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
So are there any other Viewtiful Joe players here? If so, do you have any advice? It seems to me that Red Hot Kick is good for mobility and as an air-combo ender, that Shocking Pink is rather useless except for some pressure, and that with the exception of the launch at the end of Mach Speed and using the cannon against big characters, his supers are mediocre, but I'm always terrible at fighting games so I can never judge characters well.

I don't really know who else I want to use. I was surprised to find that I kind of like Batsu and Jun, and maybe Casshan.

I don't use him much, but his cannon super is great if you can pair him up with someone and do a combination special.

Shocking Pink can be fun if you shoot a Voomerang at it, it'll slide across the screen.

DR2K

Banned
Volcynika said:

D:

I've seen top level players use her with Megaman and Dorinho(sp?) girl in black from Tatsu.

Threi

notag
-PXG- said:
Yami in CGoH was MUCH harder. He...err...it seems much easier this time around.
On the other hand his grab super in form 2 reaches you when you are right next to him, and it didn't in CGoH.

MoxManiac

Anyone having trouble finding random matches or is it me? I thought i set my router to DMZ the Wii but it's taking me forever to find matches. 3 out of 4 have been laggy as hell too.

Linkhero1

MoxManiac said:
Anyone having trouble finding random matches or is it me? I thought i set my router to DMZ the Wii but it's taking me forever to find matches. 3 out of 4 have been laggy as hell too.
I do when I'm playing ranked, but player matches are ok for me.

Top Bottom