• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

jlevel13 said:
Also, if this game does well enough, I wonder if Capcom would consider porting something like The Street Fighter Anniversary Collection to Wii and add in online play?
add online play?
It already had online play in the xbox port

radcliff said:
I would rather the arcade games on VC. Capcom probably would too as it would require you to pay for each individual game for about $9 each, rather than buying 1 compilation for about $20.
But SFAC only has 2 games.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I dont know if i should buy this game... i like fighting games, but usually get bored after i unlocked everything, weither it's Soul Calibur 2 back in the GC days or more recently SFIV on 360. Not having someone else to play with never really helped too. :( I fear the same thing will happen with TvC. It sounds and looks great, but i bet i'll play it for a while with all characters, unlock everything then not see any reason to play. I wish i was wrong.

Bisnic said:
I dont know if i should buy this game... i like fighting games, but usually get bored after i unlocked everything, weither it's Soul Calibur 2 back in the GC days or more recently SFIV on 360. Not having someone else to play with never really helped too. :( I fear the same thing will happen with TvC. It sounds and looks great, but i bet i'll play it for a while with all characters, unlock everything then not see any reason to play. I wish i was wrong.

I had the same fear, but bought it anyway. It's a shame none of my friends ever want to get into any fighting game deeper than the naruto games or brawl (no one gave a shit about Blazblue or Street Fighter IV, thus me wasting $120 bucks). But something about this game just seems different. I'm just really excited to learn characters and go home from work to play. It helps that I found some characters that I started to pick up pretty quickly (Batsu, Soki) Now I just have to learn how use all of the actual tools the game has to offer (baroque, different partner tactics, etc.)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ookami-kun said:
Play online?

I can't stand playing games that lag. If i can't stand lag in a FPS or MMO where it's not as important as a fighting game to have lagless gameplay, i can't see myself playing this game online. And from what i've seen here, it seems to happen like half the time.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Dammit all the Zavvi People getting the Game Earlier than me an Amazon Loving fool :(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Amazon.co.uk estimate a delivery date of feb 1st WTF????? DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

Am I missing something here? When I finish the game, it says it's unlocked the ending for that character in the gallery (not in the shop to be purchased like the 3rd & 4th character colours), but I can't get into the gallery and I've finished it twice with different characters.

I doubt checked the shop and the endings are not listed there either.

Edit: Do I have to buy the general character info gallery before I can get in there and see the ending I've already unlocked?

MoxManiac

Bisnic said:

Is there a reason you didn't play SF4 online?

Ookami-kun said:
Play online?

For me, playing online just never seemed that fun. Between lag, DCers, etc. its just too annoying playing anonymous people. I like actually sitting next to the other person while I'm playing a fighting game, or a competitive game in general. Co-op can be a lot of fun online, but thats a different matter.

It was sooooooo hard to pull myself away from this game to play Mass Effect 2 last night. Felt like I was exiting a theme park and into an office building. Luckily that ended up delivering hardcore too. I love when I have too much good stuff to deal with.

Shame online victories don't earn you money though. That credits collection game still takes way too long.

MoxManiac

Bisnic said:
The 360 isn't mine and there was no Xbox Live with it.

Okay. Don't get TvC if you arent going to play it online and if you have no one offline to play it with. The single player is barebones. The AI is pretty good on eight stars though.

DarkSloth

Played a little bit of TvC yesterday and it was pretty fun. I had only played it once before in an arcade. I never could play different fighting games at one time, but I'll try with this game.

Not having a stick for wii is really killing me though. I used to be pad only, but SF4 has screwed me for life. Now I just have to learn the characters. I should probably have been looking more into this game, because I feel pretty lost. The few online games I played, everyone would rock me hard. I keep forgetting I can air block. Still, getting those combos in this game always makes me happy.

Vgamer

Bizzyb said:
Any deals on this game anywhere?? I really don't want to pay $50 for this.

Ya Amazon has a deal. If you order by Jan 30th they will give you a $10 promotional gift Code that you can use towards the purchase of any game on Amazon.com in the future. Plus they are charging $46.99 instead of $50!

MoxManiac said:
..which makes it nearly impossible to play megaman or zero properly because it's extremely difficult to hit light and medium when holding heavy for the charge shot. Not to mention in general I have a habit of accidentily tapping the partner button during chains due to the awkward layout of LMH.

The CC has shoulder/trigger buttons, right? I've been playing with a Hori GC pad and I've mapped button combinations to the shoulder buttons since simultaneous button presses can be a pain with the button layout the way it is. Having only 4 essential buttons in the game means there's at least 2 buttons that are available for L+M or even L+M+H. Might seem "cheap" but it balances out the fact that you're not using a stick imo.

woodypop

Little Green Yoda said:
The CC has shoulder/trigger buttons, right? I've been playing with a Hori GC pad and I've mapped button combinations to the shoulder buttons since simultaneous button presses can be a pain with the button layout the way it is. Having only 4 essential buttons in the game means there's at least 2 buttons that are available for L+M or even L+M+H. Might seem "cheap" but it balances out the fact that you're not using a stick imo.
Good to hear your input, as I plan on using the Hori GC pad, too.

woodypop said:
Good to hear your input, as I plan on using the Hori GC pad, too.

I haven't played all that much with it yet. But I was starting to get hand cramps at the end of my 3-4 hour session. Not sure if that's because I'm not used to the controller (been a while since I've booted up CvS2 for the GCN), because it's not a great option or because I was button mashing for the whole time. :lol

But assigning button combinations definitely helps.

Does anyone know where this image originated from?

357gak5.jpg

It would be awesome if the next VS. or X game is with SEGA.

NinMicroSega said:
Does anyone know where this image originated from?

357gak5.jpg

It comes from a 90s EGM

I think it was to promote Capcom premiering SFII:CE on the Genesis.

Completely forgot about charging shots with a shoulder button too :lol Thanks.

BTW, any way to get the character themes during fights? I think it was like that in the original version.

Got the game yesterday and played for a bit last night. Loving it so far. Trying to get used to the new button scheme. I'm using a CC Pro and haven't had any complaints about it so far, but I can hook up a GC-to-PS adapter and use a stick if need be.

Played SP for a while and then tried online. Using a wired Wii lan adapter, BTW. Took a while to get into a match, and when I got connected the game was kind of sluggish, and my special moves and such weren't coming out like they would normally. This resulted in my getting raped a couple times by this guy that obviously was able to pull off his specials with abandon. I know this had to be lag-related as it's not a problem in SP. Anyway, hoping that its not indicative of the average, but really I'm not that huge into online for games like these anyway as I usually get reamed so no big disappointment either way.

Overall the game is lovely.

Linkup

I played one online match(I won!) and it was actually really smooth, surprising since my internet is kind of slow right now.

Linkup said:
I played one online match(I won!) and it was actually really smooth, surprising since my internet is kind of slow right now.
if that's the case perhaps you were the host and it wasn't smooth for your opponent

Vgamer

NinMicroSega said:

That would be a pretty sweet VS game. So many Sega games to choose characters from. Imagine having characters from Streets of Rage, Virtua Fighter, Sonic, Shenmue, Phantasy Star etc... Capcom could add in some Final Fight characters to its roster to battle the Streets of Rage ones. Would be cool.

ReiGun

I'm gonna have to practice a little more, but it looks like I was right in assuming my team would be some combination of Chun, Cass, Yatta-1, and Roll. So awesome.

Caj814 said:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/SpiritSword16/juefpi.gif
:lol
I knew it was coming. :lol

N4Us

jufonuk said:
Dammit all the Zavvi People getting the Game Earlier than me an Amazon Loving fool :(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Amazon.co.uk estimate a delivery date of feb 1st WTF????? DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

I feel your pain.

WTF is it still doing sitting in Arizona!? I could drive to Arizona from here in less than two days!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
my review went up the publication I work for. I gave it an 8.5 for those wondering.

I'm a huge fan of using Karas.

Man, I love VJ, but I am terrible with him. To be honest, I think I'm terrible at this game. I still haven't quite adjusted to playing this after SF4 and Tekken, but I'm getting there :lol

Woot, got my copy today.

Anyway, some interesting news from Destructoid, it seems Capcom may have plans of adding Phoenix Wright and Ingrid to the roster via DLC. Though it may depend on Nintendo's approval of the idea. (I don't know why that would be a problem though...)

Anyway, it would be great if this came to be. If so, I hope they have two more Tatsunoko characters in the wings to balance things out.

Top Bottom