• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Andrex said:
Super Tatsunoko vs. Capcom coming soon I bet.

What would make this, TvC Turbo? :lol

If this game does even ok then we might see a sequel with all those dudes in it. I wish they hadn't scrapped Tyrant, that was a neat idea!

Also so help me if they do make a sequel and give us Apollo instead of Phoenix...

Ookami-kun said:
So what could have been were...

- Phoenix Wright
- Ingrid
- GnG stage
- Komugi
- Rollerblade Hero Muteking

D:

DAMN IT! That would have been so awesome, especially the GnG stage. Guys, start calling Capcom USA, STAT!

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
Ookami-kun said:
So what could have been were...

- Phoenix Wright
- Ingrid
- GnG stage
- Komugi
- Rollerblade Hero Muteking

D:

What-
Ingrid? Really?

How many damn characters have had priority over Amaterasu?
Come on...why not her?! WHY?

NinMicroSega said:
DAMN IT! That would have been so awesome, especially the GnG stage. Guys, start calling Capcom USA, STAT!

You mean tell people to buy this game, so we get a sequel right?:D

Seriously, I hope this does well cause the Wii needs more good third-party games.

S-Kill said:
Personally I prefer the joystick, but I grew up in the arcades. For old SNES players, start with the Classic Controller, and total beginners will have a lot of fun playing with the Wii-mote and nunchuk.
Awww, no cross-handed comment?

Thanks for sharing the interview Caspel!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
_dementia said:
Awww, no cross-handed comment?

Thanks for sharing the interview Caspel!

Yup, anytime. I am glad the game turned out to be a quality title. Makes me happy to be a fan of Capcom fighters when they produce titles such as Tatsunoko and SFIV. Would love to see Rival Schools and Darkstalkers revived in some format in the future.

RoryDropkick said:
Cool, glad to see all of our questions got answered... an all Tatsunoko game would be pretty rad though :)

tatsunokofight-box.jpg

SK: It's simpler but covers all the bases, with ranked and casual matches, quick match, invitation matches, and stats. It also has some unique systems, like the one to punish repeat-disconnecters: it flags their accounts and pairs them up against other players who are also disconnecting a lot, so if you can't take your losses without pulling the plug, you'll end up getting a taste of your own medicine. As for SFIV on the Wii, there are no plans for that right now.

Nice! Didn't know it had that.

This game is all kinds of awesome.

It's probably already well known, but VJ can combo his Six Cannon off of a slow motion HC for insane damage, about 30 billion IIRC. I finished someone in a match with that thing

Feels good man :D

Still gotta get Zero though...

Why For?

Banned
Bought this yesterday for $60AU, and didn't get a chance to play it last night :(

Have to wait till tonight now. :((((((((((((((

Looks fucking hot.

NinMicroSega said:

I probably should have clarified, and I think it was in the interview, with CAPCOM making an all Tatsunoko game. How can we forget Tatsunoko Fight? I do like the fact they made a new character just for the game, plus it was pretty fun little romp.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just got it earlier today. :D ...playing fighters is harder than I thought. :(

Though I'm getting better, my thumb is killing me though, shouldn't have bitten down so much. :lol

ccbfan

Been beasting like crazy with my ryu/polimar combo

The two has ridicules chemistry.

Ryu builds meter pretty good and has an awesome assist to help polimar get close.

One combo with Polimar with a meter is like 50+ percent damage to most characters.

Polimar's assist is great and helps Ryu sets up his combos and mix ups. TK Hurricane Kicks for the win.

Mojojo

Just got the game (France), couldn't resist, I had such found memories of the Marvel Vs Capcom games on the Dreamcast. But I need some training before I go online, it's been so long I didn't play that kind of game, any little skill I might have at the time completly vanished :lol
anecdotal evidence : I had no idea the game was out today, have seen 0 commercials for it and the placement in the shelves was atrocious( at a FNAC retail store), you could easily skip it (it wasn't even put in the latest releases section). Doesn't bode well :(

Threi

notag
Still on the hunt for the perfect Karas partner...

Don't want to use Blade or Ryu and I'm sure they will be whored out to death, Roll/Karas doesn't give you much HP to work with, Yatter1's assist sucks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mojojo said:
Just got the game (France), couldn't resist, I had such found memories of the Marvel Vs Capcom games on the Dreamcast. But I need some training before I go online, it's been so long I didn't play that kind of game, any little skill I might have at the time completly vanished :lol
anecdotal evidence : I had no idea the game was out today, have seen 0 commercials for it and the placement in the shelves was atrocious( at a FNAC retail store), you could easily skip it (it wasn't even put in the latest releases section). Doesn't bode well :(

For me, I've noticed the US commercial at least four times when Adult Swim was going on in the background, which is actually the most advertising I've personally seen of any non-"casual" third-party Wii game. It was also front-right behind the desk when I went into Gamestop, too. It did look like they had more than a couple, but eh. That's about all I have for anecdotes.

Speaking of sticks, I modded mine already. :lol

2010janpickup08.jpg

Just waiting on some clear Seimitsus for the bottom row. Don't get me wrong, the stock parts are great, but I love me some Seimitsu pushbuttons and sticks.

finally tried online
played 4 games against randoms

lost the first
but scrubbed out the next three by mashing like a madperson!

and I'm like, really terrible.

still need to unlock Joe and Ai

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
viewtiful_dru said:
Alex has a throw reset?

edit: nevermind, I just thought about it for a second

Ah yeah, I forgot to be clear.

Throw resets are specials/hypers that will contact with the enemy but will reset the combo, meaning it won't get scaled.

SmokeMaxX

Anybody have a tentative tier list for this game? I know it just came out but... the game's been promo'd beforehand and there has to be impressions right?

SmokeMaxX said:
Anybody have a tentative tier list for this game? I know it just came out but... the game's been promo'd beforehand and there has to be impressions right?

Kinda wondering about this myself as well

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SmokeMaxX said:

Tiers don't work that way! You need tournament results and such. I can say though that the game seems pretty balanced and if you want to beat up some scrubs online you should learn how to abuse one of the giant robots. People have a hard time getting used to characters that break through attacks like that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
haunts said:
holy shit just saw keits videos from battle field arcadia. tekkaman blade has to be the sagat of this game.

He's very hard to deal with at first with all the crossing up and passing through he tends to do.

Honestly though, the real scrub killer is going to be the Vital Suit. That's my guess at any rate.

Why For? said:
Is Viewtiful Joes super supposed to be so overpowered?

Holy fuck!:lol

I guess the trade off is that it needs to be 'lined up'

Which super? The cannon? It's generally pretty useless because it's so slow that no one will get hit by it normally, and Joe can't usually combo into it by himself (although he can combo Slow and Zoom into Desperado for very heavy damage).

Coeliacus

haunts said:
holy shit just saw keits videos from battle field arcadia. tekkaman blade has to be the sagat of this game.

I think it's just scrub abuse. I got to play a preview build for a few hours with a friend and I found him a lot less frustrating to play over time.

Mind you neither me or my friend are near Keits level, and I certainly agree that tekkaman has some damn nice supers.

Top Bottom