• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Ugh, two online matches, both ass kicking because of lag.

Like we're talking 3 second delay between button press and action. It was horrible. It was so bad the guy I was fighting noticed and started to jump around and goof off before finishing me. Not fun.

jrricky

Banned
god its so freakin hard to launch a character in air using VJ...

EDIT: Holy shit, never knew i could make characters dizzy in the game,lol...

one_kill

Just unlocked Yatterman-2. She's cute, but I don't like using her. My favourites so far are Karas, Zero, Joe the Condor, and Tekkaman Blade.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ThirstyFly said:
Any combo videos for Frank West out there? My searching has left me as dry as a nun's gusset.

We are working on making some but my guy tells me a lot of them are pretty hard even the basic ones.

This one works if you need something basic:

Light, Medium, Crouching Medium, Launcher -> Light, Medium -> Light, Medium -> Medium Grand Slam

(Start this one holding back to charge the roundhouse kick) Light, Medium, Crouching Medium, Crouching Hard, Round House Kick cancel into Real Mega buster

You can also do a Hard Grand Slam and follow up with Mega Buster.

edit: Just found you can do Hard Grand Slam, Zombie Spree, The Real Mega Buster. Timing is pretty tight though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Basic Viewtiful Joe Combo i just whipped up:

Light, Medium, Crouching Medium, Hard (slight delay before launcher), Launcher -> Light, Medium, Hard (2 Hits) -> Light Medium Hard (2 Hits), cancel into Voomerang or Red Hot Kick.

haunts said:
We are working on making some but my guy tells me a lot of them are pretty hard even the basic ones.

This one works if you need something basic:

Light, Medium, Crouching Medium, Launcher -> Light, Medium -> Light, Medium -> Medium Grand Slam

(Start this one holding back to charge the roundhouse kick) Light, Medium, Crouching Medium, Crouching Hard, Round House Kick cancel into Real Mega buster

You can also do a Hard Grand Slam and follow up with Mega Buster.

edit: Just found you can do Hard Grand Slam, Zombie Spree, The Real Mega Buster. Timing is pretty tight though.

Cool, thanks. I'll give those a try.

I'm hoping to see some crazy videos once people get the hang of him. His moveset is so weird there's gotta be something buried in there.

my opinion of each character's assist, if you disagree please provide a counterpoint or an example

good assists:
Polymar - great to keep opponent on lockdown/mixup/extend combos
Roll - extend combos, pressure and leave a puddle that can otg? yes please
Ryu - everyone's favorite assist, and its just so simple
Jun - can be used like Ryu or Morrigan with the added benefit of setting an explosive so she can do extra damage when you tag her in
Karas - lots of stun and can relfect a few projectiles
Tekkaman - great for setups and is bad news for giants
Morrigan - a Ryu alternative
Casshern - anti air assist that can also extend OTG combos, also can hit with the rear of the hitbox
Megaman - anti air assist that does enough hitstun to let some slow supers hit, also allows for juggles

decent assists:
Chun - similar to megaman, but lasts for a shorter period of time
Batsu - just okay, similar in usage to Chun/Mega
Ken - this is whatever, if it came back it would be much nicer
Zero - the game's best assist for pure anti air, works like MvC2 Ken, but is hard to use to extend combos.
Ippatsuman - good for pressure
Alex - good for pressure
Soki - also good for pressure, and has super armor to keep counter attacks in check
Doronjo - really underrated, like a Karas assist that travels, downside is slow speed
Blade - just another AA assist (someone let me know if this has special properties)

bad assists (or if not bad, then very situational):
Yatter 1 - only hits in a specific area
Condor - kinda weak for an anti air imo
Viewtiful Joe - situational, can be used in a few setups but mainly to induce fear
Saki - I think this is debatable, I just haven't seen that much use for it yet
Frank - also debatable, does stagger for a bit and hit full screen but seems limited in usage sometimes

undecided: Yatter 2, but it seems like her's is pretty solid

jrricky said:
OMG, I just beat this game on the hardest difficulty :O

Fantastic! This is what i wanted. More!:D

I have trouble with Yami on like every fucking battle on default difficulty. You must be awesome or something. I also tend to die during the fights with Lightan and PTX-40 or w/e it's called.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Uploading the Frank West combo vids right now.. Should be up in 10-20 min..

jrricky said:
OMG, I just beat this game on the hardest difficulty :O

Fantastic! This is what i wanted. More!:D

Ill be gone all weekend stream the Tekken 6 Strong Style tournament but I'll do more early next week. Get that combo down over the weekend! :)

jrricky

Banned
MidnightScott said:
I have trouble with Yami on like every fucking battle on default difficulty. You must be awesome or something. I also tend to die during the fights with Lightan and PTX-40 or w/e it's called.
I took many, many tries. (I think 4?)

I think after beating the game on the hardest difficulty I am ready for online...:lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MidnightScott said:

I wrote up a fairly easy way to beat arcade mode including Yami if you're just trying to unlock characters.

http://iplaywinner.com/tvccheats

haunts said:
I wrote up a fairly easy way to beat arcade mode including Yami if you're just trying to unlock characters.

http://iplaywinner.com/tvccheats

I am a noob to these kinds of games. I think most of the time I'm just button mashing because I can't remember the button presses. Thanks anyway though, I will give it a read. However, I'm playing on default difficulty regardless because I don't want to be a wimp!! :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MidnightScott said:
I am a noob to these kinds of games. I think most of the time I'm just button mashing because I can't remember the button presses. Thanks anyway though, I will give it a read. However, I'm playing on default difficulty regardless because I don't want to be a wimp!! :D

Even on default difficulty the method I posted will help you out a lot. A lot it boils down to super jumping and air dashing to the other side then hammering him with projectiles. You dont -have- to use Ryu, anyone with a projectile will work fairly well but I think Ryu is the easiest. The method works on all the big characters really.

jrricky

Banned
haunts said:
Even on default difficulty the method I posted will help you out a lot. A lot it boils down to super jumping and air dashing to the other side then hammering him with projectiles. You dont -have- to use Ryu, anyone with a projectile will work fairly well but I think Ryu is the easiest. The method works on all the big characters really.
Exactly what I did, then spice it up with some non cinematic super moves.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
jrricky said:
How the hell do you fight against those giant things with an actual opponent?

Use armor break moves, and make them get trapped in super armor frames.

Giants are the hardest characters to learn in the game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tekkaman is about a million times better than Ryu at running through the game on one star difficulty for unlocking stuff. Disco lights do crazy damage.

jrricky

Banned
Ookami-kun said:

Not when they are grabbing the shit out of you :/

Also online sucks worst than smash...or is it because Im doing free battles?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Either your connection sucks or your opponents did.

This game is really good on lag. Hell remembering back to week one of SF IV this game is loads better. Not quite in Blazblue's league though. Top five online console 2D fighting so far.

So far, I'm about an hour in...unlocked Frank West and 5 online matches (100% win:D )

My personal impressions....
Wifi is not going to cut it....I will be buying the LAN adapter (I'm using a Belkin G router FWIT)

The game is so awesome I am thinking about not playing it again until my component cables come as I feel cheated...it looks so beautiful...but without 480 I am not getting the full effect..

The controls are solid...using the Classic Pro controller...

Capcom vs Tatsunoko has met all my expectations and I can only hope that we get more VS games in the future.

Teknoman

All you guys having bad wireless results, how far away do you have your routers set up?

EDIT: Ultimate All Stars better have an OST release.

jrricky said:
Not when they are grabbing the shit out of you :/

Also online sucks worst than smash...or is it because Im doing free battles?
Just like smash, it depends on both your connections. If you two have great ones, it will be nice. If not, it is going to be unbearable. Not sure why there isn't much of an in between...its either nice, or terrible.

Teknoman said:
All you guys having bad wireless results, how far away do you have your routers set up?

EDIT: Ultimate All Stars better have an OST release.
My router is literally right next to my wii, and Ive had some very good matches as far as lag free goes. Now my skill level...that is an entirely different story. Im still sitting on two wins, and a million losses :lol

Teknoman

Nice, my router about that close to my Wii as well. Usually got decent Smash matches, and flawless Kart races, so guess I should have no problem here.

Codeblue

Just ordered off of Amazon. This'll be the first traditional 2-D fighter I've purchased since the SNES days. I'm generally not that interested in the genre, but the Tatsunoko characters really pulled me in.

Codeblue said:
Just ordered off of Amazon. This'll be the first traditional 2-D fighter I've purchased since the SNES days. I'm generally not that interested in the genre, but the Tatsunoko characters really pulled me in.
One of the best things about this game that I did not expect was the diversity between characters. In a game like MvC, you could pretty much hot swap some characters and not have any issues at all. I'm finding it more difficult to do here, as it seems each one has an "attribute" that you need to learn in order to be effective. This aspect came out of nowhere, but I love it so much.

abstract alien said:
One of the best things about this game that I did not expect was the diversity between characters. In a game like MvC, you could pretty much hot swap some characters and not have any issues at all. I'm finding it more difficult to do here, as it seems each one has an "attribute" that you need to learn in order to be effective. This aspect came out of nowhere, but I love it so much.
This.

I mean the is the best game I have played in a very long time. It's Just. That. Fun.

Just played this with a friend of mine for 5 hours. We did like, 71 matches and I won 59 of them.
I'm really loving my Chun/Tekkaman blade combo. And I'm doing some Yatters on the side just because they are just so annoying.

Hiltz

I found a cheap way to beat Yami is to keep using Frank West's zombie summon.

So far, I unlocked Frank West, Tekkaman Blade and Zero.

I really don't like using Morrigan or Roll. Roll's moves just seem so boring and lacks variety while Morrigan's moveset just feels awkward.

ReiGun

Finally got to play some online matches. Pretty damn smooth. Only the first two really lagged. Takes forever to get an opponent though. Did manage to get 3 wins at least.:D

Sidenote: Fuck Ryu. Fuck him, fuck Karas, fuck Soki, and fuck Batsu.

jlevel13

Anybody care to explain the rival thing? I've been saying no, just cause it feels a little weird to say yes - hard to feel like I've made a "rival" after playing a few games with an anonymous somebody somewhere in the world?

Just unlocked Tekkaman Blade and certainly see why people are loving him - he's so damn fast and deceptive. I'm really loving plain ol' Tekkaman too though, as his move set has a real natural feeling logic for me (or perhaps I just like a character with a lot of options centered around down/back, since I've used so much Balrog the last couple of years).

Looking forward to playing a lot more this weekend!

ReiGun said:
Finally got to play some online matches. Pretty damn smooth. Only the first two really lagged. Takes forever to get an opponent though. Did manage to get 3 wins at least.:D

Sidenote: Fuck Ryu. Fuck him, fuck Karas, fuck Soki, and fuck Batsu.

Ryu & Batsu are my mains :D

Codeblue said:

I believe IGN's review actually called it the best Capcom fighter on a Nintendo console since SSFII on the SNES, if that says anything. Pretty sure they're right.

Why For?

Banned
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Which super? The cannon? It's generally pretty useless because it's so slow that no one will get hit by it normally, and Joe can't usually combo into it by himself (although he can combo Slow and Zoom into Desperado for very heavy damage).

Well, I've been landing it 8/10 times and fuck me it demolishes EVERYONE. It takes like over 1/3 of the bar.

There have been quite a few, including mortal kombat, fighter's destiny, KI, Sf vs SNK, and others I cant even remember.

*spoilertag* And Brawl :^) *endspoilertag*

See You Next Wednesday said:
Isn't this the only fighter since SSFII on a Nintendo console?

Well, pretty much, except for things like the SF ports for GBA and CVS2 for Cube :lol

And I mean Capcom fighter, not fighters in general.

Ookami-kun said:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I disagree

at least with PTX its like
a) get opponent into corner
b) throw
c) down C baroque down C
d) character dies
e) weapon change to missile
f) shoot missile at incoming character
g) level 3
h) you win

Top Bottom