• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Ippatsuman kicks fucking assm but for some reasom I cant activate the robot during boss fights. He keeps doing that bat special. Also Frank Wesk is a beast. I destroyed Yami with ease

Spelling issues because I am drunk

All endings obtained and shop cleaned out. :D

I'm still missing some icons though, are any of them unlocked by playing through the Ultimate All-Shooters mini-game? I haven't really touched that yet. Or are they just time unlocked?

Also, it would have been cool if they would have given Silver Lightan a different ending than Gold Lightan and maybe some different moves, then he would really feel like a full fledged secret character.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
explodet said:
I decided to take a break from my current team and went online as Gold Lightan.

Stomping the crap out of offensive-heavy Ryu/Batsu/Zero players was more fun than I anticipated. :lol
I haven't lost a match with him yet. I figure once players learn to change their tactics I'll have more difficulty winning.

your name aint mario online is it?
fought a guy who played as PTX-40A, Then Ryu and Viewtiful Joe both of those matches I lost then finally they came on as Gold Lightan and I beat them, to which they quit.

Have had one Guy Rage quit on me, most of the time playing this game I am busy Laughing at the Moves I am getting Beaten by (Yatterman's Supers make me crack up).

Enlighten me to what I need to do to unlock the extra Chars.
A few plays only Capcom Chars to unlock the hidden ones for the Capcom sides? then for Tatsu play as them to unlock them? also to get the hidden shooter game I need all the "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING"? letters in the end credits?
To do this quickly I need to set it to easy 30 secs and maximum damage from me.

I really can't be assed to unlock but I do want to play as Frank , (looks awesome)

Sorry for Grammar and Spelling...

Ookami-kun said:
REF POST BELOW
thanks for the Info :D

that many times?? Bloody hell better get cracking tonight then

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You can play as any team, but what matters is who deal the final blow to the last form of the final boss.

3 times with Capcom char = Frank
6 times = Zero (3 times earlier is counted)
3 times with Tatsunoko char = Blade
6 times = Joe the Condor (3 times earlier is counted)
Zero, Frank, Joe the Condor, and Blade = Yatterman 2

That's normally 16 battles altogether in Arcade Mode, but you can lessen it into 14 if you use Frank for unlocking Zero and Blade for unlocking Joe.

And yeah, collecting THANK YOU FOR PLAYING unlocks the minigame.

jlevel13

Disappointing time with the online today. I have a pretty good wired connection (just did a speed test, 10mb and 1mb up), but every match over the course of about 45 minutes had a variety of lag from almost bearable (lag spikes) to basically unplayable. Of course, of that 45 minutes, half the time was spent just searching for matches, which is also annoying. Got it set to domestic and everything (no other computers or devices on using the net). Even the matches where the lag wasn't too bad, weren't a very good experience as it was hard to get any kind of flow - the match might be okay for ten seconds, but then be awful for a second or two, basically making it impossible to be confident about the timing of anything. Overall, a pretty discouraging experience :(

Gotta find some local comp

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Extollere said:
none that I'm aware of... maybe some DLC in the future?
how will capcom achieve this? is it programed into the Game to accept new Characters? or would it be via the shop?

If we believe what certain blogs said about what Niitsuma said, then the game is compatible with whatever DLC Capcom could make. I don't really believe it, though.

Milabrega

Forget DLC, take your time, make a sequel, double the roster. Let this game get a community built over it, instead of tuning the competitive dial back to zero with dlc, if dlc is even possible. Doubt it, DLC for Wii is kind of like the new "test game" statement.

DR2K

Banned
Milabrega said:
Forget DLC, take your time, make a sequel, double the roster. Let this game get a community built over it, instead of tuning the competitive dial back to zero with dlc, if dlc is even possible. Doubt it, DLC for Wii is kind of like the new "test game" statement.

DLC is possible on the Wii and character data isn't that large.

_dementia said:
Ingrid and Pheonix are cool and all, but Q pls.
Q having the ability to pop you up and fly after you to unleash an airial combo is nothing short of frightening. Like, being stuck in the middle of the ocean type of frightening...

While I was initially really excited for this game, the online playability has really dampened by excitement for it. Great music, unique stages, crazy gameplay, cool fightstick for it, but the online lag is just not acceptable.

I don't know what know the deal is. I play my 360 and PS3 WiFi and don't encounter any issues with lag. SF4 is perfect for me regarding lag. I know I've read people saying use a wired connection, but what I'm not understanding is if my PS3 and 360 use Wifi successfully, I can't see how the connection method can be the issue regarding lag? Doesn't it have to be either the system itself or the game's code? Any insight into would be helpful..Thanks..

Otherwise, offline, it's a cool game with a lot of style, decent graphics and fun mechanics. For me though, I need to play it online for it retain its replay value. Sorry if these questions have been mentioned before..

evangd007

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
If we believe what certain blogs said about what Niitsuma said, then the game is compatible with whatever DLC Capcom could make. I don't really believe it, though.

I remember him saying that we (the customers) had to beseech Nintendo to allow the DLC, leading me to believe that the DLC will require executable files which are currently banned by Nintendo as DLC. They do this to prevent patches as they want games to be released in working order and not have any release day patching BS. However, after the release day patch for Wii Sports Resort disguised as a system update, Nintendo may be feeling the heat from 3rd parties about that policy.

Also, my copy just shipped from amazon, can't wait.

abstract alien said:
I am going to blindly and ignorantly have hope, as that is about all I can do at this point.

I saw a bunch of copies at Best Buy. They have them out on the front of the gaming section and when I walk in the Wii isle itself.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't judge a game performance because on 1 guy working at a video store who only got 4 copies. Better wait for NPD.

Bisnic said:
Don't judge a game performance because on 1 guy working at a video store who only got 4 copies. Better wait for NPD.
Well, it is a bit concerning when this game isnt expected to sell anything at all to begin with. Not jumping to conclusions here, but lets be honest, there is a bit of a issue with this particular game selling.

Milabrega

abstract alien said:
Well, it is a bit concerning when this game isnt expected to sell anything at all to begin with. Not jumping to conclusions here, but lets be honest, there is a bit of a issue with this particular game selling.

What issue? Sales expectations should be incredibly low for this title, like No More Heroes 2 low if not lower. Don't concern yourself over its poor sales or dlc potential. It was a long shot to be released in the west, we got it so lets enjoy it.

Milabrega said:
What issue? Sales expectations should be incredibly low for this title, like No More Heroes 2 low if not lower. Don't concern yourself over its poor sales or dlc potential. It was a long shot to be released in the west, we got it so lets enjoy it.
That is the issue though, the low sells expectation that is. Sure, we all see it coming, but we all want it to succeed much more so than it actually will. Enjoying it isn't the issue, its really just about the game getting what it deserves. Hell, we can almost say capcom should get what they deserve for even bringing this game over(and actually enhancing it at that), so it isn't such a bad thing to want good sales out of it.

As consumers, we have a good game to play, but as fighting fans, we would love to see a sequel with more characters and such, and performing poorly(even when expected to) isn't going to help that much. Anything can happen though...

Agent X

I got the game Wednesday, but finally got to spend some quality time with the online mode today.

It started off kind of rough, since the first few matches threw me in with people who had 2000-3000 battle points. These people clearly had a good deal of experience with the game, and I didn't last long. I was concerned that I would never get to fight anyone that was on my level.

After about 4 or 5 fights, the game finally matched me up with someone who had about 150 battle points. This was a lot better, because he and I were roughly evenly matched in skill. I played about 12 or 13 games with him, and had a enjoyable time.

ReiGun

Just sat in training mode for 2 hours or so practicing my Casshan combos. Nothing fancy (I'm quite new to versus, combo heavy fighters), but I feel a lot better using him with some BnB's under my belt. low A > B > low B > C > Roll assist > level 3 is so awesome.:D

Linkhero1

It takes me forever to find an opponent online D:

Edit: Fuck this games online. Fuck it. I'm on a fucking wired connection and I get heavy ass lag every match. I'm not doing anything else on my computer and I'm getting lags like there's no tomorrow. I'm about to quit playing this game online forever. AHHHHHHHHHHGHGHG

/rage

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
_dementia said:
just played a nice 3ish-hour session with a friend.
time flies when playing TvC!

Indeed. I looked at my play data and I've already put in 15 hours. o_0

Linkhero1

Had some decent matches online. I'm not good as I thought I was but I'm not bad either :lol

I accidentally chose Polymar in one match online and he just clicked with me. I might main him and learn a few combos.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Played this game for like 10 hours straight at a friend's today. I've dabbled in Street Fighter and Darkstalkers before but never really tried out any Capcom Vs titles. Game fuckin' owns. Liking Morrigan and Batsu so far.

I still haven't bought this.

Will pick it up this week. How is the online holding up?

I wish they'd release Ken as DLC, I can't betray him and play as Ryu.

Linkhero1 said:
Had some decent matches online. I'm not good as I thought I was but I'm not bad either :lol

I accidentally chose Polymar in one match online and he just clicked with me. I might main him and learn a few combos.

Same thing with me and Jun the Swan. Spent the character selection time talking to a friend in the other room, and came back with her on my team and really liked her. She has a really nice, fluid style.

If anyone sees Pikuldik online (that's me), watch out!

It didn't particularly release with any fanfare which is annoying because of how good the game actually is.

Hopefully it has some legs, Street Fighter 4 made a huge initial splash then quickly dissipated.

Mafro

Absolutely zero markeding or anything over here, which isn't surprising.

Hope to see it do well in the NPDs, but I'm expecting disappointment.

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
Yeah, it may undergo a sudden resurrection a la Just Dance...
if it is advertised with amazingly amazed grandma, obviously.

Mafro said:
UK sales data, it didn't crack the top 40, and was 6th i the Wii chart.

It was to be expected.
It did hit the top 40. Just not the main (all formats, all prices) one (which is understandable as it being out on one format disadvantages it).

It was 32 in all formats, full price (which by my estimates would put it at about 45 in all formats, all prices),
37 in individual formats units and,
37 again in individual formats value (which again it is disadvantaged in terms of how much it costs)

5th is about the best you can hope for on the Wii chart (seeing as 1-4 are basically a lock with Wii Sports Resort*, NSBW, Mario Kart and Mairo and Sonic note: Wii fit plus counts as budget since the standalone version is budget priced and Chart-Track count both SKUs as that) but 2 days of sales isn't enough to beat Avatar the game. Still not bad given the only marketing I've seen is an e-mail NoE sent out (most Wii games marketed in that way end up being near the bottom of the Wii chart rather than just below the bottom of the main chart**).

*-Due to this being bundled with hardware and the sales counting (Chart-Track count games bundled with hardware provided they were once sold separately, which is why Wii Sports never appeared on any charts) this will probably be number 1 for the rest of the Wiis life excluding perhaps a few mega release weeks (though to get technical Just Dance is selling more than it right now so yeah, mega popular games in general).
**-Look up the opening weeks of Muramasa, A Boy and His Blob, Little King's Story, Punch-Out etc...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heavy's Sandvich said:
It didn't particularly release with any fanfare which is annoying because of how good the game actually is.

Hopefully it has some legs, Street Fighter 4 made a huge initial splash then quickly dissipated.

It's a branded fighting game though (SF I mean). So it's expected to sell.

kinggroin

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
It's a branded fighting game though (SF I mean). So it's expected to sell.

Street Fighter 4 or Tats?

The later has nothing going for it in any way that'll allow it to pull down acceptable sales. The street fighter name isn't even in the title; I can only imagine what most wii shoppers think when seeing the box art :p

edit: nvrmd, you said SF.

Gagaman

God I hate that final boss. Any good tactics for it so I can actually beat it with something other than pure luck and with more than 2% health left? The 2nd form in particular drives me nuts.

Otherwise enjoying the game, surprised Roll isn't completely and utterly useless this time, and I quite like playing as Yatterman. Haven't tried everyone out yet, beaten arcade mode 3 times and unlocked Tekkaman Blade, haven't even dared to touch online yet.

I must say though the controls (classic controller) are taking a little getting used to, maybe because I liked Marvel Vs Capcom 2's set up so much, and I'm not using an arcade stick. I keep setting off the baroque and Mega Crush by accident when I don't need them, too. :lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Mafro said:
Absolutely zero markeding or anything over here, which isn't surprising.

Hope to see it do well in the NPDs, but I'm expecting disappointment.

dude what is your FC?

I am UK based mine is 4340-3960-7381, PM with yours and we will meet up online for fighting Glory!!

Top Bottom