• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

xero273

Gagaman said:
God I hate that final boss. Any good tactics for it so I can actually beat it with something other than pure luck and with more than 2% health left? The 2nd form in particular drives me nuts.

The strat for me is to just block his attacks then get in a couple hits and go back to blocking.

Linkhero1 said:
I accidentally chose Polymar in one match online and he just clicked with me. I might main him and learn a few combos.
I love Polimar. I'm a super scrub and I dunno if his air-to-air grab hyper combo naturally links after his shoryuken kicking move thing, but I land that like 90% of the time.
I like mixing up my (equally scrubby) opponents with his weird command walk crossup thing. And that wallbounce punch is great fun!

I really like Yatterman-2 as well. She has crazy setups. I don't know how viable a team that relies so much on mixups, resets, and potential damage would be competitively, but I think my team will be Polymar/Yatterman-2 just because I like them so much.

MoxManiac

Polimar is one of my favorites as well. I team him with Soki (who starts on point) and have had a lot of success. This team loses badly to giants, though.

Gagaman

xero273 said:
The strat for me is to just block his attacks then get in a couple hits and go back to blocking.
Yeah, I've been attempting that though the boss has a lot of attacks that grab you and unless I'm missing something I can't block those. The way that 2nd form just bitch slaps you over and over again is pretty obnoxious too. :lol

I'm still getting the basics down though so I should think I'll improve at it in time. I got lucky beating the boss last time by sending that giant robot dog out with Yatterman just before it was about to deliver the final blow. Oh man, i'm going to get slaughtered online. :lol

Dave Long

Banned
If people are concerned about sales, do your part and tell your friends the game is cool and you're having a great time with it. It's better than whining on a messageboard.

Dave Long said:
If people are concerned about sales, do your part and tell your friends the game is cool and you're having a great time with it. It's better than whining on a messageboard.
My local friends like this but none of them have bought it. So frustrating.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Polimar is like the hardest character in the game to learn. :lol For me, at least. He plays very weird.

Gagaman said:
God I hate that final boss. Any good tactics for it so I can actually beat it with something other than pure luck and with more than 2% health left? The 2nd form in particular drives me nuts.

Projectile -> Crouch Guard -> Projectile -> Super Jump Over -> Projectile

Rinse repeat.

Linkhero1

Andrex said:
Polimar is like the hardest character in the game to learn. :lol For me, at least. He plays very weird.

Projectile -> Crouch Guard -> Projectile -> Super Jump Over -> Projectile

Rinse repeat.
But he's so awesome

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
_dementia said:
Seconding the "Polymar = Awesome" sentiment.

Plus, he looks like a Power Ranger.

They all look like power rangers. :lol I guess he's just not for me.

ReiGun

Dave Long said:
My friends refuse to get into it for stupid reasons like being able to sweep into a super, the damage being numbered in billions (they like to apply real world logic to games for some reason) or the fact that they can win with button mashing (which is funny, because you can usually win with button mashing when both players dont know how to play.) I've got one person willing to learn, and that's about it. :'(

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ReiGun said:
My friends refuse to get into it for stupid reasons like being able to sweep into a super, the damage being numbered in billions (they like to apply real world logic to games for some reason) or the fact that they can win with button mashing (which is funny, because you can usually win with button mashing when both players dont know how to play.) I've got one person willing to learn, and that's about it. :'(

get them to play a five hour party session should sort them out!! BEAT them with sticks until they see that it is a great game :D

Been trying to find this game at my local Targets over the past week or so, to no avail (wanted to use gift cards). Finally ordered it online from Target.com over the weekend, just waiting for it to arrive.

Will just be using the classic controller for the time being when I get it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Drame said:
Finally!

Now the waiting game begins.

thats why I never decided to go with themZavvi], Amazon Shipped on Time , had to pay for it but it was there on release day.

I still don't trust them

Drame

jufonuk said:
thats why I never decided to go with themZavvi], Amazon Shipped on Time , had to pay for it but it was there on release day.

I still don't trust them
Amazon is indeed fast, but the shipping fees are rather expensive for non-UK customers.

Polymar has been a huge fave of mine since CGoH and is an awesome partner for Blade. I also wanna give a big up to Ippatsuman. Love his combo strings and his range.

Linkhero1

_dementia said:
I love Polimar. I'm a super scrub and I dunno if his air-to-air grab hyper combo naturally links after his shoryuken kicking move thing, but I land that like 90% of the time.
I like mixing up my (equally scrubby) opponents with his weird command walk crossup thing. And that wallbounce punch is great fun!

I really like Yatterman-2 as well. She has crazy setups. I don't know how viable a team that relies so much on mixups, resets, and potential damage would be competitively, but I think my team will be Polymar/Yatterman-2 just because I like them so much.
That's exactly why I love him. So easy to use and really fun to play as. I usually team him up with Alex or Yatterman 1.

jrricky

Banned
goddamit, i have won like 1 match out of 10 online. i suck lol. :/

this guy has a friggin cheap combo with kajin...

L L L L L L L .....oy!

TheGrue

Caj814 said:
You need converter to plug in either through the GC port or directly to the wiimote.

Does such a thing exist for the 360 MadCatz stick? Would love to just use my two TEs to play this.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I experienced no lag last night!!!!
jrricky said:
goddamit, i have won like 1 match out of 10 online. i suck lol. :/

this guy has a friggin cheap combo with kajin...

L L L L L L L .....oy!
I ran into someone like that last night. We played about 8 matches, he used the same characters everytime and the same cheap combo everytime and if he ever felt threatened he'd run to the far edge and use Ryu's fireball super 4 time in a row. I finally switch to Gold Lightan so his combo-starter wouldn't stun me and stomped him around. (I still lost... I let his main character escape with barely any life, so it recovered. He ran from me the rest of the match and when time expired he had more life remaining). He refused a rematch after, which I consider a bigger victory than the 8 matches I lost.

After that I met someone at about my level of ability. I actually enjoyed it. And afterwards he accepted my rival request.

Threi

notag
I want to duallll moddd.....I have a 3rd party madcatz GCN controller here begging to to get ripped apart, but I don't have enough space in my stick for it :(

*edit*

I agree with the above, the Ryu scrubs online really piss me off. Whether it be random supers or mashing it out (which works because everything links to super). And when you play as Karas that stuff HURTS. Oh well you don't know who is on the other side of the connection so they may be an annoying asshole or someone just dicking around. Either way I hate random matches.

SmokeMaxX

DiscoJason said:
Does such a thing exist for the 360 MadCatz stick? Would love to just use my two TEs to play this.
Can't convert from USB to anything else according to the TechTalk forum of Shoryuken.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
abstract alien said:
I love em as well. Definitely my fav so far.

vqrxco.png

?

jrricky said:
been having some great matches online. very smooth.:D

I just had a match where I pretty much couldn't move at all, and the guy I was playing seemed to be unaffected as he still managed to knock me into the air and do air combo after air combo and then it kicked me off the server at the end. Whee~

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Game is so awesome.

I'm glad they went back to the MvC style of Vs series instead of the boring CvSnk ones. Tag combos are just awesome to have back after all these years.

Also, why the fuck was Capcom sitting on Viewtiful Joe and not including him for all these games? He is amazing.

Top Bottom