• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
_dementia said:
That and larger retailers like target aren't stocking the game :/

Link? I know they dropped SH SM but I didn't know they stopped stocking TatsuCap.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Target carries this game (it where I got mine), but they received it a day late and only a couple per store. There are some games that Target online will carry but that are not carried in stores, like Sky Crawlers and NMH2.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
_dementia said:
That and larger retailers like target aren't stocking the game :/

Completely false. Both Target and Wal-Mart are carrying it. Bought the last copy of 2 facings at a Wal-Mart on a road trip this weekend.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Platy said:
Jun the Swan has an AWESOME ending ... it even lets you choose between 2 endings ! =O
Vgamer said:
Ya I was surprised when I saw there was actually a choice in the ending! Cool idea!

It's the same as Chun-Li's ending from Street Fighter II. :)

Ookami-kun said:
Even if you change the region settings in game you still get local?

Yeah, even with English forced, it comes up with Asia as my local territory.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Played online in Free Battle for about half an hour. Got the same person like 5 or 6 times in a row. Had some good matches, but he/she didn't add my rival request. I was surprised to see that I had no lag at all wireless... sucks that after I wasn't paired with that person in the following rounds I experienced major lag :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
LMAO...two matches against people on two different continents. No lag. Both rage quit on me. :lol

Sticking with Jun The Swan, but still going back and forth on Ryu and Joe. Ryu is more effective for me at the moment.

When I use Lightan, I feel totally helpless against players using Tekkaman Blade. Feels like there is no way to advance on him, since his projectile will grab Lightan out of any attack he does, and it pushes back when blocked.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Still waiting on Best Buy delivery... Strange that I ordered NMH2 and TvC at the same time, yet NMH2 arrived first.

Maybe they sold out of TvC? :lol

Sad01.gif

Teknoman

Andrex said:
I'm saying maybe it sold out before you ordered but they just got some in stock by the time you ordered. Or something.

Thats possible...well either way I should be joining the action soon. In other news No More Heroes 2 is awesome.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I will never understand why the fuck Tatsunoko didn't choose their GREATEST CHARACTER EVER to go against Viewtiful Joe, a match made in heaven.

FUCK OFF YOU TATSUNOKO BIZSUITS!

<---------- would fucking crush both Kyashan and Tekkaman together, with just a foil and table-tennis racket

Snaku

Banned
Loving this game to death. Surprisingly Jun the Swan has clicked the most with me so far, and I'm trying my damnedest to learn Casshan as he's easily my favorite Tatsunoko character ever.

Just finished watch the Speed Racer film again, and I'm still disappointed that series wasn't represented in this game in any way. =/

Hiltz

Anyone know how to get to the other letter sections of the shump mini game ?

I've beaten the game with PTX-40A and Ryu but all I get is a "Congratulations for killing a decent amount of" whatever those bug enemies are called.

Milabrega

Check the irc in the OP, some players in there. Capcom (Nintendo's?) system is fucked. You have to add each other, then kind of just catch another person online and not in a match at the same time, and then try to connect and hope they notice and connect as well. You also have to be able to see each other online, Nettokun and I were both online at the same time, he could see me but I could not see him. I haven't had any lag problems with online, but without the irc, match making with other people from gaf is fubar.

Bizzyb

Banned
I just started playing the game (awesome game btw) and someone told me there's only one minigame now...Wha?? Wasn't there like 5 minigames in the Japanese version? Why would they cut out features?

Edit: As for sales, purely anecdotal but I snagged the last copy at my local Best Buy.

Acid08

Banned
One of my friends got this and it's been a lot of fun.

My first impression is that this game was way too simple but I've gotten used to it and like it quite a bit.

But Marvel vs Capcom 2 will forever be better.

Hiltz

Bizzyb said:
I just started playing the game (awesome game btw) and someone told me there's only one minigame now...Wha?? Wasn't there like 5 minigames in the Japanese version? Why would they cut out features?

Edit: As for sales, purely anecdotal but I snagged the last copy at my local Best Buy.

The producer of the game said that there just wasn't enough time for the development team to localize parts of the game which includes the mini games and the character endings. Instead, they just choose to work exclusively on including the PTX-40A mini game. In addition, the producer said that he wasn't aware of gamers outside of Japan being interested in wanting the North American and PAL versions of the game to include the original mini games.

The only mini game in the North American and PAL versions is from PTX-40A. You can use 4 different characters and it supports local co-op up to 4 players too. Well, actually ,there's at least 2 other mini games included but they're designed on a smaller scale. You'll always get to play one of them whenever you finish the
arcade
mode with any character. The other one only be played by beating
arcade
mode with
Roll

I just played my first couple of online matches. The first had a slight bit of lag at the beginning but all of the other matches were lag free. However, my setting was for domestic.

Got my butt kicked a couple of times against Ultra Champ ranked players. Man, this one guy was pretty relentless when using Ryu. I hardly had time to make a move.I managed to win all 3 fights against a lower ranked player but in free battle.

By the way, for those who have not played yet, there's definitely enough moves in the combat system and player skill involved to separate novices from the pros.

Rotanibor

haunts said:
I added hella GAF players but you fools are never online..-_-

Against my better judgment, I read this post and decided to go online to see if you were on to play, though right when I was about to challenge you went offline! Probably for the best though, I've been getting mad input lag in all the matches I've tried so far. Currently waiting for Amazon to get my wireless adapter to me, but the mail service is taking its sweet time. I think I should have it tomorrow though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rotanibor said:
Against my better judgment, I read this post and decided to go online to see if you were on to play, though right when I was about to challenge you went offline! Probably for the best though, I've been getting mad input lag in all the matches I've tried so far. Currently waiting for Amazon to get my wireless adapter to me, but the mail service is taking its sweet time. I think I should have it tomorrow though.

sending you an invite now...

Rotanibor

haunts said:
Anyone up and want to play? Im west coast wired... 3653-1856-2137

Hey, i am not actually lagging too much with you, I'll play a bit few more matches but I have to take care of something briefly.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rotanibor said:
Hey, i am not actually lagging too much with you, I'll play a bit few more matches but I have to take care of something briefly.

yeah pretty smooth over all.. nice ippatsuman!!

KaYotiX

Banned
Playing ranked matches is just plain horrible.......i get ranked against guys who have Master rank or just below it and im a beginner. THAT and every person i fought (6 matches) used the Giant ass gold guy or the Lost Planet mech......im not that good at the game but these chars seem so cheep. Hard to jump over them and there attacks cover the entire screen. They can also hit you when they are getting hit by specials.

Dont think ill be bothering with online at all if this is how its going to be. Local play is fine and i love the single player agaisnt the CPU

Rotanibor

haunts said:
whew good matches rotaniber... i need a little break tho.. lol..

Yeah man they were good games. Nice Blade, he's giving me some major issues. Still trying to figure out how to get stuff started with Polimar as well. I just picked him up recently and haven't figured him out beyond how to do his combos.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rotanibor said:
Yeah man they were good games. Nice Blade, he's giving me some major issues. Still trying to figure out how to get stuff started with Polimar as well. I just picked him up recently and haven't figured him out beyond how to do his combos.

Hmmm yeah same here with me when I play T. Blade... I know the combos but have a hard time reacting in match while with Ryu I can get off combos far more consistently

That Polimar air super is so crazy...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Snaku said:
Loving this game to death. Surprisingly Jun the Swan has clicked the most with me so far, and I'm trying my damnedest to learn Casshan as he's easily my favorite Tatsunoko character ever.

Just finished watch the Speed Racer film again, and I'm still disappointed that series wasn't represented in this game in any way. =/

Wait, what? I thought Speed Racer himself was in the game?

Fritz

This arrived yesterday. I spent some time with it, just figuring out which fighters click with me. I'll think I'll go with Casshan and Batsu for now. They seem kinda similar though. Would you suggest to find a more diverse couple. I thought about Karas, but he's far too advanced. I'll keep him in mind though.
Anyway, very fun fighter. Easy to pick up, which is important for me as I simply dont have the time to get deeply inviolved with my games anymore. The last fighter I played was some Street Fighter II edition on SNES and its incredible how much of that is still in TvC. Certainly when playing as Ryu or Chun Li.

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
Dash Kappei said:
I will never understand why the fuck Tatsunoko didn't choose their GREATEST CHARACTER EVER to go against Viewtiful Joe, a match made in heaven.

FUCK OFF YOU TATSUNOKO BIZSUITS!

<---------- would fucking crush both Kyashan and Tekkaman together, with just a foil and table-tennis racket

Gigi la trottola?

Edit: Oh, yeah, I always forget his original name. :D

Top Bottom