• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tattoo AND piercing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyslob

Banned
So i had this done recently. I have a couple more tattoos on my arm(almost full sleeve) that ill post later.

kFM4GEI.jpg

and had these bad boys for a while

B11nc11.jpg

What tattoos or piercings do you have? Post em! and not only that what kind of healing ish you do? for my tattoos i honestly have never put any lotion on and just let them heal by themselves. I only apply lotion when it gets super itchy. Add artists name if you feel like it so anyone can hit them up for something nice.

hwalker84

Used to have an Apadravya(miss it so much). Got rid of it because even though the woman loved it she's a religious weirdo and thought it was somehow against her morals and kept making me take it out during sex like a year after we'd been together. I can still put in a prince Albert.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Used to have an Apadravya(miss it so much). Got rid of it because even though the woman loved it she's a religious weirdo and thought it was somehow against her morals and kept making me take it out during sex like a year after we'd been together. I can still put in a prince Albert.
U2c49pR.gif

Tawpgun

Aside from something like earings I don't get how people do piercings.

Seem uncomfortable, but I suppose you get used to it.

potam

Banned
I wanted to get my ears pierced when I was younger. So my mom took me to the mall, and the guy held up the piercing gun, and I noped the fuck out. In the end I'm kind of glad, since I don't think I'd rock earrings now, and I don't want any holes/dents in my ear.

potam

Banned
I don't have any decent pics of mine, and they're nothing special anyways. I've got

on my right tricep. It's just the elephant though.

on my left arm I've got Marc Antony's quote from Julius Caesar:

"Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the dogs of war" It spirals around my arm...didn't turn out exactly how I had hoped, but I like it regardless.

I'm really tempted to post my ex's badass back piece, but I'm not sure. There's nothing too revealing and it doesn't show her face...dunno.

Camp Lo

Banned
Currently only have my lip ring and an earring in each ear.

Tattoos, 7. Neck, left forearm, right arm (almost full sleeve)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I got a four-leaf clover on my ass when I turned 18. I had joked about it in high school, and decided there wouldn't be any real downside to getting it. The reactions when people see it for the first time have made it totally worth it.

I also got the starling from the cover of Lullaby on my arm. I may post a pic later. My phone is acting up at the moment.

potam

Banned
I wanted to get thug life across my stomach in college. It's a good thing my dad told me that was one of the very few things he absolutely forbade.

Lazyslob

Banned
Currently only have my lip ring and an earring in each ear.

Tattoos, 7. Neck, left forearm, right arm (almost full sleeve)

What do you have on your neck? I actually wanted another rose near/around my neck, but i fear not ever getting hired again, haha.

Hip Hop

I miss my piercing mans,

had them on the earlobe, but years later without wearing them for a while I got keloids. Had surgery and can't wear anything like that for the rest of my life.

Aizo

Banned
I just have two piercings in my left earlobe, and I used to have a labret, too.
I'd like to get two collarbone anchors, and a nape anchor at some point. I also want to get a few tattoos, but I don't think I'll do more piercings or tattoos until I move outside of Japan (unless someone has a connection that isn't super expensive).

Used to have an Apadravya(miss it so much).

That looks like it would be a very painful procedure.

Camp Lo

Banned
What do you have on your neck? I actually wanted another rose near/around my neck, but i fear not ever getting hired again, haha.

"Dream", I was a dumb fuck for doing it, my skin tone you can't barely see now that it's set. I had to get it for some reason though. I sometimes forget I ever have a neck tattoo.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Waiting to get some tats done still lol. I do have a piercing on my right ear (helix) but it's fucked now with a bubble behind it.

Took the stud out at Xmas so the skin has healed over. Dunno whether to reopen see if the bubble goes.

hoggert

Tarot card on my arm and another card from JoJo on my side. Need to get the one on my side touched up, but I've been putting off due to money.

Panderp

I only have a piercing in each ear. I used to have my lip pierced years ago but I took it out and it healed over. Recently, I've been kind of wanting to get my septum pierced especially since I'd be able to hide it so easily for my job.

andycapps

Some of mine. Before any ignorant assholes come in here and tell us how you can't get a job with tattoos, none of mine are job stoppers (they are covered by long sleeves). And I have a good job.

hwalker84

That looks like it would be a very painful procedure.

My question exactly.

It's silly but in college around 2001 I saw this movie Senseless and remember Marlon Wayans roommate had a Prince Albert. I knew that it was a penis piercing but I didn't know exactly what it was. When I looked it up I thought it was silly but if I were to ever get something like that what would it be. Is there one that could improve sex for myself and my partner. I started doing all kinds of research and found the Apadravya. A few years later I had it done. Absolutely loved it as did all my partners. Got rid of it for the reasons I explained above.

Lazyslob

Banned
Waiting to get some tats done still lol. I do have a piercing on my right ear (helix) but it's fucked now with a bubble behind it.

Took the stud out at Xmas so the skin has healed over. Dunno whether to reopen see if the bubble goes.

My right tragus has a bubble behind it. It's not infected and it doesn't hurt. I read that the bubble will go away in time so you should have left it in! Just let it heal up

A few years later I had it done.

How bad did it hurt?

hwalker84

How bad did it hurt?
I think the pain was overrated. It hurt like all hell for like 2 seconds then it was done. Pissed burned for like 6 days afterwards and you had to soak your johnson in warm sea salt (feels so damn good) several times a day for a month or so.

Ooooh, I was thinking of making a thread like this! Tattoos are the best.

Edit:

I also have a Pac-Man on my shoulder that I can't access. I think the only one I regret is that Shazam lightning bolt. Should have gotten it a lot smaller. Live and learn.

Iph

Banned
I have several tattoos, one particularly large piece and finishing up a half-sleeve in the fall. I used to have 14 or 15 piercings all together but have taken them all out for work/safety reasons. The worst one to heal was my industrial bar. Aiy yuy yuy.

I use cetaphil/spectro-jel to wash/clean healing tattoos and piercings, and also soak the piercing sites in as warm and sterile as possible saline solution. I've always used unscented Lubriderm on my tats when healing, then whatever moisturizer tickles my fancy once they're fully healed.

Stet

Banned
Big octopus on my back. There's a photo somewhere here on GAF. I've been meaning to extend it, maybe over the shoulder and onto the forearm. The artist I use is expensive, though, so it's something I'll probably wait for.

I used to have a pierced helix, but I had to take it out after a barber snagged it on his comb and the wound wouldn't close.

I have Snakebites and both ears pierced once. Just started stretching my left ear, leaving the right a tad longer before I get into it.

As a side note, my ears haven't been healing well at all, got them pierced over a year ago and they still bleed, almost weekly. Anyone else had a similar experience / any advice? (Had no trouble with my lip healing by the way, and I clean my ears regularly).

Planning on getting a few tattoos in the next few months. Anyone who has a few, could you tell me if I'll have to stop working out at all, and for how long?

Thanks for any help.

Superman00

Liverpool01
I have Snakebites and both ears pierced once. Just started stretching my left ear, leaving the right a tad longer before I get into it.

As a side note, my ears haven't been healing well at all, got them pierced over a year ago and they still bleed, almost weekly. Anyone else had a similar experience / any advice? (Had no trouble with my lip healing by the way, and I clean my ears regularly).

Planning on getting a few tattoos in the next few months. Anyone who has a few, could you tell me if I'll have to stop working out at all, and for how long?

Thanks for any help.

You will be fine, I worked out right after I had a session done. lol, mine took like 16 hours and about 5 sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom