• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 on Mac RIGHT NOW! On sale for $9.99, free weekend till 6/13!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
TheSeks said:
I think I'll skip. Already have the 360 version (in before PC elitists), so yeah... :/
It's not a matter of elitism.

The PC version just has 3 or 4 times the content of the 360 version.

http://www.teamfortress.com/119/

In addition to all the bugfixes and balance changes, every update on there with a picture was a major update that added content like maps, weapons, and/or gametypes.

Try the free weekend, you'll see what we're saying.

Won

speedpop said:
DENIED!!!

0qgqt.gif

TheOGB

Banned
Shit man, these servers need to hurry up. I want to get in some practice before I go earbud huntin'.

And so I won't suck as much

and of course I miss the helpful information right above me

TheSeks said:
Hmm... $10. Not bad.

Having to use paypal or give me credit card to Valve, bad. Esp. with their T&C/charge back bullshit.

I think I'll skip. Already have the 360 version (in before PC elitists), so yeah... :/
Adding to the pile-on, but the 360 version is like some kind of janky alpha version of the game at this point. TF2 is practically its own sequel thanks to all of the updates.

vazel

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Adding to the pile-on, but the 360 version is like some kind of janky alpha version of the game at this point. TF2 is practically its own sequel thanks to all of the updates.
Capcom would've sold it as Super Team Fortress 2.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmph, unplayable on my MBP
2gig
2.33ghz c2d
256mb x1600

Kinda lame, it runs perfectly at decent settings on Windows XP.
I also have played it using a virtual machine before, I think it was parallels or something.. and I'm pretty sure even that ran better than this does. :\

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I don't need no stinking earbuds. I have my Grizzled Veteran medal :D.

Something you Mac first timers will never get!

I cry myself to sleep every time I think about all the special items I don't have:(

Gin

i am still playing this game on pc - and look how long it came out ago.

If you have a mac, dont even think! just buy the game now. You will not regret :D

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Red Scarlet said:
Both are too big. :(
Right one is like 193kb, left is 300 something.
Hm, I just tried the one, and it technically worked here on GAF. Is it a hard limit built into the forum, or is it a guideline thing, how people get those "I can't change my ava" avatars?

Red Scarlet

The_Technomancer said:
Hm, I just tried the one, and it technically worked here on GAF. Is it a hard limit built into the forum, or is it a guideline thing, how people get those "I can't change my ava" avatars?

Yeah, there is no hard limit built in, I just check them and if they're too big I plop the text thing on them.

barnone

The_Technomancer said:
Right, two versions, full and clipped to just the cut: (haven't checked em for size though, not sure if they work as GAF avas. I'll check it in a sec)
2r721cl.gif
30jlggi.gif

Every once and a while the throat cuts are in sync, I can't stop watching O.O

The Technomancer

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, there is no hard limit built in, I just check them and if they're too big I plop the text thing on them.
Yup, well I can probably get the one on the right under if I cut out every third frame. It'll speed it up a bit though. Anyone else know how to shrink the filesize while maintaining the dimensions?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cooljeanius said:
Downloading the free version now... good to hear there's a training mode.
FYI Free version is full game, just expires at the end of the weekend or whenever it is. Enjoy your time, brah.

Won

The_Technomancer said:
Yup, well I can probably get the one on the right under if I cut out every third frame. It'll speed it up a bit though. Anyone else know how to shrink the filesize while maintaining the dimensions?

I usually just cut half of the frames and double the speed. Changing color modus and using GIF optimizing helps too.

VDxCu.gif
e0seX.gif
bLitK.gif
SseaW.gif

Won said:
I usually just cut half of the frames and double the speed. Changing color modus and using GIF optimizing helps too.

VDxCu.gif
e0seX.gif
bLitK.gif
SseaW.gif

Ooo, I like the timing on that one. Dibs on soldier!

Thanks to both of you, these are awesome.

The Technomancer

Won said:
Hm, thanks for the tips. Good to know for the future.

Haha, just rewatched the video, and the Blu team is outside "Jobb's Orchards" building.

thefil

Finally got TF2 downloading on my brand new (today!) Macbook Pro. My old Macbook Pro is probably feeling pretty depressed. :(

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is this on mac too? Unless I'm going blind I don't see a steam drop down menu.

I'm not quite sure. I don't have access to a Mac currently, so I cannot check. Sorry. It should be in one of the drop down menus though.

Top Bottom