• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 on Mac RIGHT NOW! On sale for $9.99, free weekend till 6/13!

I3rand0

Mar said:
image.php

I've got some bad news for you man...

Yeah I just saw, I asked Scarlet in the avatar fixing thread if it was ok to use that. Hopefully, I can.

I3rand0

When I was playing Sniper earlier tonight, there's a glitch every time I was killed where I would fall through the floor of the map and the camera spins like crazy.

Sibylus

Banned
Myself and Red Scarlet will be on this random server in the next little while. It's 2fort, and totally empty right now, so needless to say it won't be a competitive match at all. Hop on and noob it out with us!

[-Ultima-] 24/7 2Fort [HLStatsX]
IP: 66.36.238.171:27016

Copy the above server ip and paste it in when you add a favorite server by IP, makes it a simple matter to keep track of the server and join. Stick a [Gaf] tag onto your name for maximum recognizability.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Updating TF2 (being a while since I played) and I will get into the server.

Blizzard

Banned
The teams were surprisingly even on some (most?) of the GAF games tonight. I kept feeling like it was laggy but it's probably just my computer. I should turn down effects and such so that I don't go blind from clouds of smoke covering the kart anyway. :lol

Trouble

Banned
I'm curious at what point do you get the white headphones? I have a rev1 intel macbook that is woefully underpowered to actually play the game, but I'd like to get the headphones for when I play on my PC. Do you have to actually enter a match to get them, or just fire up the game?

Loam

Trouble said:
I'm curious at what point do you get the white headphones? I have a rev1 intel macbook that is woefully underpowered to actually play the game, but I'd like to get the headphones for when I play on my PC. Do you have to actually enter a match to get them, or just fire up the game?

Its debatable. Some people are reporting they received the headphones for simply installing the game and checking their backpack from the menu, however I didn't receive mine until I joined a game and died (like any other item drop).

Javaman

Won said:

That doesn't look like a scope on the shotgun. Check out the antenna. Interesting.

Baby Milo said:
man how often are the servers to busy???

i just wanna play

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
keeps saying server is busy and wont do anything. :/

Usually they are extra busy after an update. Once the connection window pops up though you can have it autoretry connecting. It'll either notify or automatically connect once a spot frees up. You can always jump on another server while leaving the window attempting to connect and it'll automatically move you to your desired server once a spot opens up.

Sciz

Javaman said:
Usually they are extra busy after an update. Once the connection window pops up though you can have it autoretry connecting. It'll either notify or automatically connect once a spot frees up. You can always jump on another server while leaving the window attempting to connect and it'll automatically move you to your desired server once a spot opens up.
I think they meant the usual "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request" error.

Ok, this is clearly obvious to everyone but me, but how do I get into the free weekend? The "Free Weekend" section of the page only has a link to download Steam and it's charging me when I put TF2 into my cart. Any help?

Tkawsome said:
Ok, this is clearly obvious to everyone but me, but how do I get into the free weekend? The "Free Weekend" section of the page only has a link to download Steam and it's charging me when I put TF2 into my cart. Any help?

I was just able to go into my downloads and found TF2 in there, waiting for me to press the "begin download" button.

Blizzard said:
The teams were surprisingly even on some (most?) of the GAF games tonight. I kept feeling like it was laggy but it's probably just my computer. I should turn down effects and such so that I don't go blind from clouds of smoke covering the kart anyway. :lol
Yeah, It did feel a little bit off. I wonder if the new Mac Clients are not perfectly integrated yet.

Trouble

Banned
Wren said:
Its debatable. Some people are reporting they received the headphones for simply installing the game and checking their backpack from the menu, however I didn't receive mine until I joined a game and died (like any other item drop).
The game won't load on my crappy old macBook the loading screen starts flashing and hangs there. Regardless, I now have earbuds! :D I'm not sure if just installing it got them, or if the game actually loaded far enough.

TP

Pinko Marx said:
I have no idea how to join the GAF server.

Server -> Favorites -> add a server

You dont even need to launch the game to add to your favorites, Steam -> View -> Server

Tubobutts

If you guys want a server to try for when the GAF one is empty I usually play on one of these

69.12.37.15:27015
69.12.98.121:27015
69.12.37.16:27015

Top Bottom