• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 PC: GAF Tournament of Victory

Schedule of Matches

ROUND ONE: Companion Cubes versus EAD
Saturday January 26, 4PM US EST

ROUND TWO: BLU versus Kirby AllStars
Sunday January 27, 4PM US EST *tentative*

Representative from KAS: Please confirm if you have enough players for a Sunday match. Should we reschedule??

FINAL ROUND: TBA

Scrimmages

Thursday night 6PM EST - Companion Cubes vs EAD

Results: EAD 9points to CUBE 7points

Friday night 6PM EST - BLU vs [KAS] Kirby AllStars

Server Setup

- Vanilla setup (default everything) with Crits ON!
- Class Restrictions: 2x Everything, except 1x Spy (for 8v8 or 10v10; in rare case of 6v6 different restriction apply)
- Password: neogaftourney

Maps:

ROUND ONE:

1) Granary (first team to 3 points; Add up stage points)
2) Dustbowl (each team attacks/defends each stage; 6 total stages; Add up stage points)
3) Gravelpit (each team attacks/defends twice; 4 total rounds; Add up stage points)

Team with more Stage Points advances.

FINAL ROUND:

1) Map of choice by Team with highest stage points from ROUND ONE
2) Warpath (w/30 min timer)

Teams

Companion Cubes
rphilman
captain jacko
puyo
kifimbo
vultureparade
crushed
davidion
joefu
won
iadien
bw_bloodletter

Erecting a Dispenser
pillowknight
zero
capndrake
confidence man
cheeto
yakisoba
doytch
awb13
xizk
joe_molotov
crooked_rain (for next week)

Builders League United
hitokage
richardfun
firestorm
javaman
cell
stalker u
kimisan
n0b
fallengorn
wartime
warcock
truloki

Kirby AllStars
icy
tekno
penguinarmy
robotaholic
ultra cajun
lukeman
storyteller
dygit pyro
quellex
kak the cheater
cirrus

Each team currently has ~10 players but this will change if above players drop out, or if others wish to join. Everybody is welcome to join.

If you are not on a team just reply to this thread with your Steam name along with preferred classes.

I see no objections looking through the team rosters. Although, I see a point of contention with the class limits. Those limits are great for a 6v6 but are way too rigid for a 9v9. IMO if we're gonna be doing 9v9 the only class limit would be 2 medics max.

Edit : I see kak's not in there , he's not playing?
Gaf regulars who are not on the list :
Kak, wartime, Xizk, Crooked Rain.
Jide's also not there, but he hasn't logged in , in about 20 days.

Erecting a dispenser, I like. For those on my team im gonna add you to my friends list so we can start planning.

JoeFu

Banned
Companion Cubes
rphilman
captain jacko
puyo
kifimbo
vultureparade
crushed
davidion
joefu
won

I like this team!

omgimaninja said:
Oops! I know I've probably left off more people.
No worries, I just spoke with crooked he wants to do it but he's unsure, so unless he posts here don't add him.
I'm trying to see if Iaden is in. I know Kak wants to play since he posted in the other thread(Pretty sure he was on the list too). Wartime is on snooze i'll IM him once he goes off.

Xizk isnt on my friends list but i'll try to reach him.

Regarding the matches. What maps are we doing to play?
What i'd like :
Play through all maps, single elimination and point based.
1st place gets 4 points.
2nd place gets 3 points.
3rd place gets 2 points.
4th place gets 1 point.

The final map is decided by the team with the most points, and against the second place team.

"icy
tekno
penguinarmy
robotaholic
ultra cajun
lukeman
storyteller
dygit pyro
quellex

hot."

Took the words right out of my mouth :p

Edit: Damn puyo everyone seems pretty happy with the teams and they're pretty well balanced. Nice job.

Even though I haven't really played much lately, I'm interested in joining.

Steam ID: Crooked_Rain
Classes: Soldier, Pyro, Sniper, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy (Preferential order)

I won't be able to play this weekend though. :(

Capndrake

:lol I approve of my team name.

Preferred classes for me (Most to least):
-Spy
-Sniper
-Demoman
-Engineer
-Scout
-Medic
-Pyro
-Heavy
-Soldier

Icy

Banned
PotatoeMasher said:
I hate your guts, btw. You and your Warpath bridge spawn camping. :D

edit: oh, and Team iCy will gladly take kaktheinfected if no one else wants him

uh.. we got dibs on him... and warcock too.

So were doing dibs? Xizk ! Actually any of the stragglers are good.

Edit : Are there gonna be crits?

Xizk says he will only play with crits on. If we're gonna vote, I vote yes on crits.

Iadien is in.

n0b

omgimaninja said:
Schedule
Scrimmages: Weekday this week (Thursday? Friday?)
Round 1: Saturday? Sunday?

let's decide if this week or next week works better and which days of the week

Builders League United
hitokage
richardfun
firestorm
javaman
cell
stalker u
kimisan
n0b
fallengorn
I'd say we need to give as much time as possible for the teams to organize themselves before the scrims, so they can use the scrims to fine tune their team. But if we're trying to get this going quick, then yeah, Thursday and Friday seem good for scrims. I think we'd need both days though, that way every team could get a chance to scrim each other. And then the weekend for matches.

Whatever day though, the later it is the better it is for me.

Teams seem pretty well thought out...each has a couple class advantages possibly, but they're generally pretty good. I like mine. :)

edit:crits I guess, just so its at default damage settings.

edit2: Maybe each team should make their own steam group so they can chat and stuff. :p

Davidion

Go Cubes!
po.gif
po.gif
po.gif
po.gif

edit: *Runs off to buy headset* :lol

Javaman

BUILDERS LEAGUE UNITED

I'll keep this post updated with our teammates' status. We may need to shuffle some players around between the teams if several don't respond or decide not to play.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NEOGAF-BLU
NAME.......STATUS.......Sun tourney 4pmEST?
hitokage...IN GROUP
firestorm..IN GROUP.........Y
Javaman...IN GROUP........Y
cell/trh.....IN GROUP.........Y
kimisan.....IN GROUP........Y
n0b...........IN GROUP.......M
fallengorn..IN GROUP.......N
Truloki.......IN GROUP
stalkeru....IN GROUP
Straight Cougar.IN GROUP.Y
warcock.....IN GROUP
richardfun.Friend request sent
Anjin.........Group invite sent.M

I am creating the Team COCU (Companion Cubes) group on Steam and inviting people to join.

So Thursday or Friday for scrimmages sounds good?

Davidion

omgimaninja said:
I am creating the Team COCU (Companion Cubes) group on Steam and inviting people to join.

Sounds good to me. I'm making plans to be free but will update if there are any scheduling problems.

I just looked at the group's profile on steam and it says that I'm a part of the group but it doesn't show up on my profile. Looking into that...

Javaman

omgimaninja said:

Sounds good to me. My best time for playing would be after 9pm eastern, but I should be able to make it earlier if necessary.

Invites have been sent to everyone in Erecting Dispensers, except for Yakisoba I can't find you in steam, so add me to your friends list.

For some reason I can't add everybody to the group through Steam on the Mac. Once I boot into Windows I'll friend the rest/add to group.

Davidion

Ugh, I'm talking to my girlfriend about this and she's laughing her ass off. :lol

She almost lost it when I told her that we'd be "scrimmaging" on Thursday or Friday. :( :lol

Ahhh, the life of a nerd.

YakiSOBA

hmm.. imo, 2 engineers who know what they're doing will make it really tough to break through maps like dustbowl... especially with only 1 spy, but even then a good engineer can handle a spy easily :S

we'll see how this rolls out!

YakiSOBA said:
hmm.. imo, 2 engineers who know what they're doing will make it really tough to break through maps like dustbowl... especially with only 1 spy, but even then a good engineer can handle a spy easily :S

we'll see how this rolls out!
Send me a friend invite, I can't find you on steam.

yeb

Sorry, please take me off the list to make room for someone else. Between VF5 online being patched recently and getting Mass Effect tomorrow, I just don't see myself playing much TF2 for a while.

Javaman

yeb said:
Sorry, please take me off the list to make room for someone else. Between VF5 online being patched recently and getting Mass Effect tomorrow, I just don't see myself playing much TF2 for a while.

"Fu**ing Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb" :lol

RPhilMan1

This is going to be fun. :D

Thank God that Won is on my team... as Java knows well, I won't have to issue any Won Alerts. :lol

Javaman

RPhilMan1 said:

Thank God that Won is on my team... as Java knows well, I won't have to issue any Won Alerts. :lol

Yeah, I've got to plan something to counter WON. That and bind a "We've got a code WON in sector 7" to a hot key.

JoeFu

Banned
RPhilMan1 said:

I KNOW!

I think our team is going to be AWESOME.

Top Bottom