• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team NINJA trolled you with Ninja Gaiden 3 (360/PS3 users)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
None of these changes will fix the game. The game is HORRIBLE. It is utter ass trash flowing from an ass and leaking from crazy buttocks (on a train) onto a disk. That Tecmo even has the nerve to serve this up to Wii U owners like a year later is shameful.

1. The combat is bad. Steel on Bone ruins the entire point of Ninja Gaiden.
2. The levels are boring and poorly designed
3. Bosses are terrible
4. Enemies are not aggressive and flee you for some reason

That said, it's somewhat of an impressive "brawler." And by impressive "brawler" i mean TRICKED YOU THIS GAME SUCKS

They can't change the retarded storyline, so right off the bat that says that it's not gonna get "fixed". And that's leaving out the glaringly bad, one grade above Ninja Theory level game play.

GDGF

Soothsayer
1) the story. One of the main guys from Team Ninja that Itagaki didn't take with him, and no surprise.

1a) You can't really have guys who were trying to kill Ryu just seconds ago beg for their lives and have the player feel bad for them.

1b) Ryu, the most badass ninja ever, is saved by other characters probably five times in cutscenes in different chapters.

2) Kunai wall climb.

3) The Steel on Bone system means you play a short little mash QTE to kill nearly every enemy. This is awful. It meets the stated goal of giving the player the sensation of cutting through flesh and bone, but in a Ninja Gaiden game about cutting through vast swathes of difficult enemies, it just sucks. It totally destroys flow. Maybe Team Ninja Dog will just get rid of SoB.

4) What is with Ryu's cursed arm? Some times it flares up and then Ryu goes into a staggering state where he can't run, roll, jump -- and the enemies get way easier.

5) The longbow auto-aims to a ridiculous degree.

Fixable stuff that should never have been broken in the first place:

a) Ninja enemies should never have bare arms. This is a basic character design issue: you want Ryu to look different from all the NPCs on screen.

b) prompts: you need a middle ground between "show prompts all the time" and "never show any prompts ever". For example, any time a completely new QTE type shows up, those should be prompted even if basic prompts ("press X and Y in combat", "wallrun here") are turned off.

c) it is OK to pull the camera back enough to show Ryu's entire body even during a cool move. In fact, especially during a cool move.

d) UT charge time shouldn't be so short. I was doing the instant charge techniques until I realized that they shortened non-instant charge times so there's almost no point to doing instant charges.

e) Casting Ninpo on a nearly empty room is actually far worse than casting it on a full room: the latter completely refills your health. In other words, you get rewarded for pushing the 'get me out of this' button.

f) that ship segment is way too long.

g) Easy mode is called "Hero" instead of "Ninja Dog", and you pretty much cannot lose in this mode. Once Ryu gets down to 50% health in Hero mode, he auto-dodges/auto-blocks everything. It even cancels uncancellable moves.

That is an excellent list.

I'm steering clear of this unless it becomes readily apparent that I shouldn't.

beat

Oh, I forgot a few more more totally-fixable-but-why-the-hell-did-they-break-it-in-the-first-place things:

Bosses do not have health bars.

Maybe one or two of the bosses has enough visible damage states to make the case that they didn't need health bars. The rest? You're just hitting them over and over again, and then eventually they die. It really feels awful. It's not like they hold to any "rule of three" either; one boss has three different sets of limbs (maybe four? I forget) that you have to chop off, but it cycles through them eight or nine times before it finally dies.

Also, the T-Rex boss fight is beyond stupid. It has to be a contender for worst boss fight ever. Start with the never-that-fun boss cliche of a big stupid boss you have to lure into slamming into a wall, then flip it. Now, you still have to dodge it as it almost runs into the wall, then dodge again, and then the boss just falls over. For no reason. I wish I was making this up.

DR2K

Banned
? What? That actually downgraded the original game...

Just the gore, everything else fixed a game broken beyond recognition. Frame rate, camera, AI, visuals, puzzles, gameplay, level design, etc. . . were fixed and improved considerably.

Pachinko

I'm curious but the biggest problem with NG3 didn't seem to be a lack of weapons and ninpo- it was an issue with the core gameplay simply feeling too gimped as compared to the usual style found in the previous 2 entries and their ports.

Who knows, maybe NG3 in wii U will completely remove enemies begging for their lives, all stealth sections, every single quicktime event, wall climbing with button presses and rebalance the entire combat engine to be closer to 1 or 2 but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Instead I expect it'll simply be all the DLC rolled onto the disc with some minor fixes.

I guess if I were to play the full game I'd probably go for the newest version but that ship sailed I think.

None of these changes will fix the game. The game is HORRIBLE. It is utter ass trash flowing from an ass and leaking from crazy buttocks (on a train) onto a disk. That Tecmo even has the nerve to serve this up to Wii U owners like a year later is shameful.

1. The combat is bad. Steel on Bone ruins the entire point of Ninja Gaiden.
2. The levels are boring and poorly designed
3. Bosses are terrible
4. Enemies are not aggressive and flee you for some reason

That said, it's somewhat of an impressive "brawler." And by impressive "brawler" i mean TRICKED YOU THIS GAME SUCKS

Came here to post this. All of this implies that the people who bought ng3 deserve to be treated with respect but they don't. They deserve getting trolled due to buying such a shoddy abortion of a game. If the only way you feel offended is because you're not getting the bonus stuff, well, not much I can say past that point.

There is no fixing this abomination. I can write an entire book on its problems and these so called improvements are minor and won't do much.

Aselith

Why are you guys upset? They know they screwed up the last game, and they're trying to remedy the situation for this coming title.

Why wouldn't they try to fix things?

I think the biggest problem is that these are the same people who thought it was good the first time around. Trust has been broken and until they prove that they can make a good game, they won't regain it. Everything they've made since Itagaki left is garbage.

Metroid - garbage
Ninja Gaiden 3 - garbage
Dead or Alive: Dimensions - I dunno never played it

I honestly don't know what Nintendo is doing being thick as thieves with these dudes. Their output sucks lately.

Mxrz

Why are you guys upset? They know they screwed up the last game, and they're trying to remedy the situation for this coming title.

I don't see anyone upset. Herpes doesn't stop being herpes no matter how much lip gloss you put on.

So after only 3 months of some players buying NG3 on the PS3 & 360.... they announce this?

wow.... wow wow wow!!!

are they f**king kidding me?

seriously?

how LOW can they get!!!!?

So after a year of the release of this on Wii U they will announce Sigma 3 for us?

I bought it on the PS3 it and gave it 6\10.... which is THE LOWEST score I gave a game in my collection.

If they released Sigma 3, it might raise to 7\10.... which is still low compared to 1&2 which deserved 9\10.

So after only 3 months of some players buying NG3 on the PS3 & 360.... they announce this?

wow.... wow wow wow!!!

are they f**king kidding me?

seriously?

how LOW can they get!!!!?

So after a year of the release of this on Wii U they will announce Sigma 3 for us?

I bought it on the PS3 it and gave it 6\10.... which is THE LOWEST score I gave a game in my collection.

If they released Sigma 3, it might raise to 7\10.... which is still low compared to 1&2 which deserved 9\10.

Actually, Razor's Edge has been announced for close to a YEAR. They said it would be an upgraded port, it's only now when the actual improvements have been listed.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The 3D Ninja Gaiden series peaks at playing the first two chapters of NG Black or Sigma on Master Ninja.

3rd chapter is alright, the next few are boring, and the game has its moments once you get to Alma and everything afterwards. But those first couple chapters are some of the best action gameplay ever put into a game.

Actually, Razor's Edge has been announced for close to a YEAR. They said it would be an upgraded port, it's only now when the actual improvements have been listed.

So they released NG3 for PS360... after almost a year of the original version Razor's Edge will be released on the Wii U which is an improved port of the original game.... after a year of it's release they might release Sigma 3 which is a port of an improved port of the original game?

..... What a joke!

So they released NG3 for PS360... after almost a year of the original version Razor's Edge will be released on the Wii U which is an improved port of the original game.... after a year of it's release they might release Sigma 3 which is a port of an improved port of the original game?

..... What a joke!

Uh, sure.

I think the biggest problem is that these are the same people who thought it was good the first time around. Trust has been broken and until they prove that they can make a good game, they won't regain it. Everything they've made since Itagaki left is garbage.

Metroid - garbage

Ninja Gaiden 3 - garbage
Dead or Alive: Dimensions - I dunno never played it

I honestly don't know what Nintendo is doing being thick as thieves with these dudes. Their output sucks lately.

Actually Metroid's character movement and action was not garbage at all. It had other problems but not those.

MCD

So dismembered enemies try to kamikaze you now just like in 2.

Shame their original vision still exists in my head.

Sagitario

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

iKOrIR6fJmeiZ.jpg

I would love this on fighting games: I can't never remember a combo a single combo :(
It would be useful on Tales of Graces too :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think it's pretty obvious. But you have some fascination with supporting horrible action game development choices, so maybe it's not.

WiiU Exclusive. And the potential of offering a patched up broken game to a new audience while leaving early supporters in the dust. Their only redemption would be if they fixed the game for free on the 360/PS3. But they won't.

Aselith

Actually Metroid's character movement and action was not garbage at all. It had other problems but not those.

I was talking about the games overall I'm sure you could find a bright spot in NG3 if you looked hard enough. And the action was OK in Metroid. Definitely not great. The pixel hunt sequences were abyssmal

hatchx

Banned
I laughed a bit inside when I saw this game hit the trailer. It's below 60 on metacritic last I checked.

I'd rather get a Ninja Gaiden 1 Sigma port.

Ok, I actually liked NG3 and I feel pretty screwed now. Wow. You want the improved NG3, you have to buy a new system. I'm all for improvements, but it would be nice if some of that stuff was in the game in the first place. Nice to see they are getting the definitive version of the game, but I doubt it's going to sell well unfortunately. We deserve a patch.

Top Bottom