• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team NINJA trolled you with Ninja Gaiden 3 (360/PS3 users)

.GqueB.

Banned
I don't see anything that mentions the game not being a piece of shit anymore.

shotsfired-frontcover.jpg

the potential worthy launch line-up titles for Wii U is increasing;

after reading that hands-on, I think I may get the game depending on long it can be enjoyed.

segarr

I'd rather they go back and give NG2 one last try. Polished off the 360 version with the intense gore. NG3 I'm afraid is unsalvageable. The combat just feels wrong. Like you aren't in complete control.

MrMephistoX

I'd rather they go back and give NG2 one last try. Polished off the 360 version with the intense gore. NG3 I'm afraid is unsalvageable. The combat just feels wrong. Like you aren't in complete control.

My biggest problem with it was the dumb as nails easy AI and the stupid automatic kills...sounds like they've made those into counters that you proactively have to trigger so it may improve the game somewhat. Hopefully the 360 and PS3 will get a patch if it's that much of a game changer.

SHAZOOM

Ok, I actually liked NG3 and I fell pretty screwed now. Wow. You want the improved NG3, you have to buy a new system. I'm all for improvements, but it would be nice if some of that stuff was in the game in the first place. Nice to see they are getting the definitive version of the game, but I doubt it's going to sell well unfortunately. We deserve a patch.

I was going to get a WiiU anyway, but I understand the feeling.

That's what I wanted to read; a core fan who's played both versions for comparison.

Very comforting so far, now let's see how much of the complete game has changed.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
seeing people champion this port because its gracing their company of choice's new launch line up is pretty wretched. Its a truly terrible game, theres nothing in there at all that can redeem it. By proxy the Vita had a better NG game for launch, despite how much Team Ninja Dog fucked with it.

Dabanton

seeing people champion this port because its gracing their company of choice's new launch line up is pretty wretched. Its a truly terrible game, theres nothing in there at all that can redeem it. By proxy the Vita had a better NG game for launch, despite how much Team Ninja Dog fucked with it.

Seriously. It's absolutely hilarious seeing it in action, half the time I can't quite tell if the poster is actually being sincere.

Will this be the new thing? Games that never used to be on a Nintendo's fans radar suddenly becoming the best things since sliced bread just because their coming to Wii U.

goldenpp72

If this game somehow is awesome and not an abomination like the original release, I'll be very happy with my Wii U purchase.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Seriously. It's absolutely hilarious seeing it in action, half the time I can't quite tell if the poster is actually being sincere.

Will this be the new thing? Games that never used to be on a Nintendo's fans radar suddenly becoming the best things since sliced bread just because their coming to Wii U.
Were you talking about me, posting the first extensive preview of the game, and writing it was the superior version? If so please know this comment was an executive summary of the article. Ninja Gaiden is not exactly my cup of tea. What strikes me about it is how such a game can now be published by Nintendo. It's not business as usual, don't you think it's worth highlighting?

DR2K

Banned
Framerate looks just as terrible as ever.
And Ryu's moves have so much recovery time.
Shit game will always be shit.

Looks like they've added in dismemberment and aggressive AI. They've already addressed some major complaints. Now with this being the WiiU version on new hardware it's obviously still in development.

But hey even when they improve the game, I'm sure some of you will find something to complain about.

Seik

Banned

pvpness

Nintendo stopped giving a damn about censorship on titles that aren't their own a long time ago, since like the Gamecube days. XD

goldenpp72's avatar reminded me that Conker was censored on the Xbox and Conker was from the N64 days. Lol.

I'm sure a lot of unknowing people will pick this up at Wii U's launch. I'm hoping that Team Ninja has actually improved it, as that preview suggests, so they don't earn hate from a whole new audience.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, it's interesting to see that the bone on steel is now a counter mechanic.

I'm willing to give it a shot. Though it'd be really cool to release them on the PS3 and 360 as well.

SHAZOOM

Yeah, it's interesting to see that the bone on steel is now a counter mechanic.

I'm willing to give it a shot. Though it'd be really cool to release them on the PS3 and 360 as well.

I think it is either:

a) DLC, maybe Hurrican Pack style

b) a seperate disc (Black Style) which would just piss everyone right off.

Seik

Banned
I think it is either:

The bolded, its called Sigma. :p

I'm sure Sigma will have more stuff than Wii-U version in the end because it'll come out later.

MrMephistoX

I think it is either:

Bet you're right but there's probably no way they'll release it until NG3 hits Wii U otherwise they'd be cannibalizing their own sales. I'll probably check the full game out on PS3 if it's patched with the Wii U content as DLC: by that time it should be in the bargain bin anyway.

Everything unfixable mentioned like like it can be remedied by being removed or greatly reduced, except for story mode. They removed every puzzle/platforming section from NG2 to S2. So it's not like they haven't made drastic changes before.

they also removed all the enemies from NG2 to S2. What a weird choice. A ninja gaiden game with no enemies

Dave1988

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this being Sigma 3.

Outside of this being a tremendous punch in the nuts for whoever bought Ninja Gaiden 3 vanilla this situation reminds me of the MvC3/UMvC3 debacle. First Tecmo-Koei shit out an unfinished game to grab a quick buck and then they release the "full" version later on. Sigh...

Outside of this being a tremendous punch in the nuts for whoever bought Ninja Gaiden 3 vanilla this situation reminds me of the MvC3/UMvC3 debacle. First Tecmo-Koei shit out an unfinished game to grab a quick buck and then they release the "full" version later on. Sigh...

this is not a punch to the nuts. NG3 itself is a punch to the nuts. This is just a game I don't have buy a WiiU for.

Riposte

I guess I was smart to skip on NG3, since if I'm ever going to play the game it will be on the Wii U. idk... I want to hope this will be decent.

The bolded, its called Sigma. :p

I'm sure Sigma will have more stuff than Wii-U version in the end because it'll come out later.
I think this basically is the Sigma release. And like previous Sigmas, I wouldn't expect content backported to the vanilla release.

kunonabi

Never played the new NG games but bringing back the writer from the original series has piqued my interest. So that preview mentioned some platforming, is there significant platforming in NG3?

Wow, with all of those changes they're actually making me start to care.

Best thing ever would be if they had the soldier that begs for his life (and NG3 Ryu cuts down anyway like a dick) draw a knife on you and have that introduce the new counter version of Steel on Bone (have you hit the button to dodge the attack and then kill the dude).

Sure it would be a bit of a "Han Solo shot first", but in Ryu's case it was horribly out of character and I know a lot of people went WTF at that part so it'd be the perfect retcon.

beat

Wow, with all of those changes they're actually making me start to care.

Best thing ever would be if they had the soldier that begs for his life (and NG3 Ryu cuts down anyway like a dick) draw a knife on you and have that introduce the new counter version of Steel on Bone (have you hit the button to dodge the attack and then kill the dude).

Sure it would be a bit of a "Han Solo shot first", but in Ryu's case it was horribly out of character and I know a lot of people went WTF at that part so it'd be the perfect retcon.

How about Ryu doesn't walk so slowly towards him, too. And also, how about Team Ninja cuts it out with the forced choices. (You actually cannot walk any direction except forwards there - leaving the thumbstick neutral stops Ryu, pushing it in _any_ direction moves Ryu towards the soldier. Oh man, I feel terrible that I chose to kill that guy! Except not, because I had no choice at all in the matter.)

Man, I hate NG3 so much.

MCD

Read the preview in there and it is nothing but copying ideas back from their past games.

NG3 problems were beyond missing shit. They need to fix the terrible arena of enemies at every fucking corner. Better yet, they need better enemies period.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
This the reason I'm getting Wii-U on launch, I feel like it's worth it. I don't feel like trying my hand at Pimkin, unless someone can REALLY convince me, this is my 1st launch game, second might be Assassin's Credo.

Top Bottom