• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#TeamCG vs. #TeamReal thread, a thread of crow buffets and madmen dreams

Grief.exe

I can't believe any rational person would think that was CG.

Would Konami really allocate $500,000+ to some random, un-marketed interview?

The answer is no.

And if you wish to argue with me about the cost, go ahead. I ask that you first go and do some research and educate yourself into the actual costs and man hours of developing such a project.

First go read about the costs that goes into one Skullgirls character. Then watch FOX engine presentation during GDC the OP is referencing.

dude

dude
I knew it wasn't CG. I've never seen these kind of subtle facial expression animated, even in high budget Hollywood films.

The Lamp

They spent an hour talking about modeling, lighting, and textures at a Developer's Conference.

If they were capable of producing photorealistic CG, you think they'd AVOID talking about that?

The omission is the proof itself.

You think if Phantom Pain is MGS5 they would avoid admitting it until now?

Kojima does whatever the fuck he wants. #trolljima

EMT0

Banned
I only voted without giving it much thought and never really posted, but you know what? It's fucking gif time. I'll move on. Have your fun TeamReal.

AlrightyThen.gif

#TeamCG, we'll be back in ten years, so hide yo gifs, hide Kojima

Tookay

Apparently, Kojima having a bandage mask on, and the fact that nothing was mentioned about it it being taken as evidence that it's real. I don't understand that logic either.

Let's say you have a process and an engine that is capable of capturing live performances rendering photorealistic CG, which would be the envy of all the world.

You then go to a conference that is designed around talking about your engine and how great it is, with the hopes of maybe convincing a few visitors of your technical prowess (and even recruit a couple to work for you).

You then proceed to talk about everything BUT that performance-capturing process.

Totally logical, right?

Salsa

the fact that some people are still wishing so hard to believe this that they will refuse to accept the fact that it wasnt even brought up on the fucking GDC engine reveal thus proving that the whole thing was never CG is delicious

"hey he didnt say either way!"

what was Kojima supposed to do? come up and say "hey that guy was real"? fucking lol

They are saving the Joakim cg reveal for E3 and the next gen platforms.

I want to be wrong about reality, I want Kojima to spank my bum.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, when they become fully devoted to nonsensical theories that have no basis in reality.

Yet many of the TeamCG showed evidence (albeit not accurate enough), so you should call them stupid like that.

Come on, not everything in that thread should've been carnival of stupid as you seem to think but an actual discussion. But you seem to favor name-calling I guess, so I won't argue about that anymore.

Tookay

Yet many of the TeamCG showed evidence (albeit not accurate enough), so you should call them stupid like that.

There wasn't any tooth clipping. It was a poorly compressed image in a low-quality GIF.

Half-blinking is something regular humans are capable of doing.

There wasn't any "evidence," just samples of confirmation bias by over-eager posters.

Come on, not everything in that thread should've been carnival of stupid as you seem to think but an actual discussion. But you seem to favor name-calling I guess, so I won't argue about that anymore.

I never called anyone names. But I defend the rights of people who do.

Az

[gunshots]

[TeamCG talking]
("Fuck TeamReal")
What's up niggas, ay yo, I know you ain't talking 'bout me dog
You, what?
("Fuck TeamReal")
You been on my dick nigga, you love my CG, nigga
("Fuck TeamReal")

[Chorus]
(I) Fuck with your soul like ether
(Will) Teach you tech you know you
(Not) "Team CG" across the belly
(Lose) I prove you lost already

Brace yourself for the main event
Y'all impatiently waiting
It's like a CG test, what's the results?
Not positive, who's the best? Joakim, Kojima and Geoff
Ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy
I embrace y'all with napalm
Blows up, no teeth clipping, left chest, face gone
How could TeamCG be garbage?
Semi-autos at your cartilage
Burner at the side of your dome, come outta my throne
I got this, locked since '9-1
I am the truest, name a technology that I ain't influenced
Gave y'all Killzone trailers but now I keep my eyes on the triple
With MGS fame, kept my name as Snake the cripple
Check it

[Chorus]

[talking]
Ay yo, pass me the Doritos, pour my crumbles out on these niggas man (no doubt)
Ay, y'all realers, y'all kneel and kiss the fucking ring

[Chorus]

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Let's say you have a process and an engine that is capable of capturing live performances rendering photorealistic CG, which would be the envy of all the world.

You then go to a conference that is designed around talking about your engine and how great it is, with the hopes of maybe convincing a few visitors of your technical prowess (and even recruit a couple to work for you).

You then proceed to talk about everything BUT that performance-capturing process.

Totally logical, right?
You can't reason a person out of a position they've not reasoned themselves into.

genjiZERO

You then go to a conference that is designed around talking about your engine and how great it is.

You then proceed to talk about everything BUT that process.

That sounds logical, right?

It sounds unreasonable, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's illogical. I think it's probably true, but it doesn't mean it is true. You can't say it's been deductively proved one way or the other. The way TeamReal talks you'd think they have dark matter in a jar.

i-Lo

What's else would we do? I mean I'm fucked up but you'd have to be really fucked up to let this bother you. I thought a real dude was a fake dude. On GAF. Serve the crow please. And yet, I regret nothing. We all had fun and had something cool to look forward to.

Calling for our bans and the personal insults are a bit "meh" but it's all good.

#teamcg

Wtf? Who calls for a ban over this? Unless someone put their own account for ban as a collateral it's just silly.

jaypah

Wtf? Who calls for a ban over this? Unless someone put their own account for ban as a collateral it's just silly.

someone earlier in the thread. I dunno i-lo, this shit's a bummer. It was fun but some folks are taking it way too serious. Guess the thread has run its course for me. Still had a blast though! #teamcg

Toparaman

Banned
[gunshots]

[TeamCG talking]
("Fuck TeamReal")
What's up niggas, ay yo, I know you ain't talking 'bout me dog
You, what?
("Fuck TeamReal")
You been on my dick nigga, you love my CG, nigga
("Fuck TeamReal")

[Chorus]
(I) Fuck with your soul like ether
(Will) Teach you tech you know you
(Not) "Team CG" across the belly
(Lose) I prove you lost already

Brace yourself for the main event
Y'all impatiently waiting
It's like a CG test, what's the results?
Not positive, who's the best? Joakim, Kojima and Geoff
Ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy
I embrace y'all with napalm
Blows up, no teeth clipping, left chest, face gone
How could TeamCG be garbage?
Semi-autos at your cartilage
Burner at the side of your dome, come outta my throne
I got this, locked since '9-1
I am the truest, name a technology that I ain't influenced
Gave y'all Killzone trailers but now I keep my eyes on the triple
With MGS fame, kept my name as Snake the cripple
Check it

[Chorus]

[talking]
Ay yo, pass me the Doritos, pour my crumbles out on these niggas man (no doubt)
Ay, y'all realers, y'all kneel and kiss the fucking ring

[Chorus]

Good stuff.

Tookay

It sounds unreasonable, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's illogical. I think it's probably true, but it doesn't mean it is true. You can't say it's been deductively proved one way or the other. The way TeamReal talks you'd think they have dark matter in a jar.

Then you're going to live in denial until... when?

They're not going to address this theory. It's something that started on 4chan and ended up on GAF. We're the only people talking about this, because there was no evidence within the content of the video itself to suggest it. Kojima and Konami are probably not even aware of its existence, because it was beyond the scope of what they ever suggested, or even intended.

The interview was supposed to be a playful revelation of the Phantom Pain-Fox Engine connection (and therefore Moby Dick Studios and Konami's connection). It was never intended to be anything more.

Omikaru

Never followed the thread, voted TeamCG on a whim for fun, but some of you guys (on both "sides") took this way too seriously.

What happened to having fun? :S

Top Bottom