• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#TeamCG vs. #TeamReal thread, a thread of crow buffets and madmen dreams

Hey TeamCG, it's perfectly okay to dream big and hope. Most of us at TeamReal are hoping such a tech would exist. Difference is we're also grounded in reality and that kept us in check.

You guys on the other hand...

tumblr_lz24b2Ad7Y1qfedtlo1_500.gif

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I like that you own up to it. I think even though this thread was made, there will be countless that will argue semantics and point to a bigger conspiracy and the real unveiling being done at a later stage. And how that specific interview might have been done in CG even though. "This proves nothing."

Deadly Cyclone said:
Uh, it was never confirmed either way was it? What is this thread for?
Oh I guess there it is.

i-Lo

Ah! It's wonderful to see TeamCG crash and burn after myriad of analysis and denial. Bwhahahahahahaha

Oh well, at least some can own up to it.

robot

i regret nothing

if peeling the bandages of conformity from my mind was wrong, i never wanted to be right

maaaaaaaaaaan

fallagin

After the amount of time they spent talking about lighting and texture capturing in their new engine, you don't think they wouldn't want to brag about how they have the GREATEST CG EVER, and detail their capturing techniques?

I mean, come on.

Get over it, its over. They forgot, there's nothing else to it.

L1NETT

With dignity my friends. What a ride we had!

iStock_000014734522XSmall-300x199.jpg

Edit: I will have a new Avatar if it is required. Will wear it loud and proud!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
When all evidence points towards it being real, it would have been silly to insult people who believed it was real.

It's like people who still believe the sun revolves around the earth calling those who know the earth revolves around the sun idiots.

So the other team had the right to call the others stupid?

For life, no regrets! #CrowWithHonor

What fun is life if you can't dream the dream?

The crow has been served. I will cower away for a while and ask a dentist again to clear some things up ;)

Bricky

Now to wait for the inevitable quote wall of shame, where all clipping teeth and white eyes shall be laughed at while TeamReal throws rotten tomatoes to the specific posters.

Tookay

Hey, why not post this thread the day after the interview happened then? All I'm saying is there was no "proof" either way, so gloating (by either side) is dumb when nothing has been resolved.

Dude's probably real, but M NIGHT SHAMYLALAAN.

They spent an hour talking about modeling, lighting, and textures at a Developer's Conference.

If they were capable of producing photorealistic CG, you think they'd AVOID talking about that?

The omission is the proof itself.

frontieruk

I came, I voted, I obviously missed a thread full of LOL, did I see Derrick01 on #TeamCG? was he being ironic or serious?

Hey, why not post this thread the day after the interview happened then? All I'm saying is there was no "proof" either way, so gloating (by either side) is dumb when nothing has been resolved.

Dude's probably real, but M NIGHT SHAMYLALAAN.
Because "everything would be revealed at GDC". The rumour sprung off a 4chan post. There is no overt mention of it because it was never a thing to begin with. The burden of proof is on CG with this one, and they're left with nothing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Heh, not the first time I've been labeled that.

I'm new to the thread so forgive me for repeating what has probably been said a lot, but those eyes give the CG away. I don't think I've ever seen a human do a slow half blink like that, unless they were purposely trying to.

That's still some really impressive stuff though.

No matter how far gaming tech progresses the eyes always give it away :p

I just popped in to the thread like 20 minutes ago and immediately noticed it was CG.

Team CG here.

All thanks to
Before this you were one of my favorite posters ex-Mr. Accurate!
for finding these.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Team CG lost because something that looks exactly like a human is automatically a human until it is proven otherwise.

You think Kojima spent millions on the fake interview and then forgot to reveal it was actually an ad for his amazing new technology?

Zeth

I thought the whole CG thing was a joke from the start. Like a tongue-in-cheek sort of gag among friends, bolstered by unrealistic expectations. It was funny, but did that many people take it very seriously? I don't think crow is necessary, lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The menace of reality:
jbujkjqHSOBg8V.jpg

jaypah

Ah! It's wonderful to see TeamCG crash and burn after myriad of analysis and denial. Bwhahahahahahaha

Oh well, at least some can own up to it.

What's else would we do? I mean I'm fucked up but you'd have to be really fucked up to let this bother you. I thought a real dude was a fake dude. On GAF. Serve the crow please. And yet, I regret nothing. We all had fun and had something cool to look forward to.

Calling for our bans and the personal insults are a bit "meh" but it's all good.

#teamcg

Top Bottom