• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

gabbre

Loving this game!

aYzqLRc.jpg
I spent like 10 minutes making stupid faces.

Aytrial

Yeah, the sun had a black hole in the trial for me. I'm gonna write an email to the devs and ask them if there are sections where you have to grin or something to advance before ordering it. If I remember correctly there was something like that in Frobisher Says but I'm not sure.

At one point, the game does ask you to make some faces, but it's simply to make frames for an animation.

Animekatt

I just found out that I was grandfathered in to that Best Buy unlocked program, so I'm about to go there and get this for 20% off. How long is this game?

ClearData

I just found out that I was grandfathered in to that Best Buy unlocked program, so I'm about to go there and get this for 20% off. How long is this game?

Most reviews I've seen peg it at 7 to 8 hours. Relatively short to some people but I think that is just right.

goonergaz

WTH - zavvi have not only sent me the wrong product they won't ship a replacement until they get it back!! I'm just a little peeved that I'm paying for their incompetency!

oh, and it's sold out...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I really hope framerate is good in this game because it practically looks perfect for what it is. Native resolution and antialiasing - I can't wait to see it on an actual device.

Aytrial

I really hope framerate is good in this game because it practically looks perfect for what it is. Native resolution and antialiasing - I can't wait to see it on an actual device.

The frame rate is stable, but they are a few occasions where the game stutters when a checkpoint is reached.

I can probably count the number of times that happened on one hand.

I got tired of waiting for SCEA to update the store. My Gamestop got one copy of the game and it was opened "new". =/

But I got it. *^_^*

I tried getting a copy from some local retailers that carry Vita games. Neither had one in stock. When I asked: "Do you have Tearaway in stock?", they looked at me like I was talking chinese. When I said that it was for Vita they frowned upon me some more, haha. I felt like an alien :(. The girl at the second shop told me that the Vita isn't doing too well (surprise) and that that leads to games not arriving at their launch, but sometime after (if ever).

What the hell Sony, get your game up!

I tried getting a copy from some local retailers that carry Vita games. Neither had one in stock. When I asked: "Do you have Tearaway in stock?", they looked at me like I was talking chinese. When I said that it was for Vita they frowned upon me some more, haha. I felt like an alien :(. The girl at the second shop told me that the Vita isn't doing too well (surprise) and that that leads to games not arriving at their launch, but sometime after (if ever).

No wonder vita is selling better digitally!

Preordered at GameStop and they didn't have any of the extra preorder items for me... Cd, skin, so is that the case, I just cancelled it and walked out.

Can you get the extras off of PSN somehow?

Slightly pissed.

Empty

this game is so charming. making the crown for the squirrel :3

backtouch stuff feels really great. i didn't think using it to jump off pads would be fun but the little twang makes the whole thing.

gonna try and make a few papercrafts i think. hope they aren't too hard - i suck at papercraft

This game is iiiiiincredible and I am normally not the "oh it's cute so it's good" kind of guy.

Honestly if this game does not get discussed when websites start rolling out there "best graphics" awards, then they are insane.

And man, only 25€ including a 200MB DRM free soundtrack? Sony sometimes you rock.

Did you get the soundtrack immediately? And did you get retail or digital?

It's an weird situation for Vita in retail. Obviously, the system is not doing too hot. But the few people who own Vitas do seem to buy a lot of games, unfortunately for retail, lots of those games are being sold digitally.
Weird though, when LBP came out retailers put that game on sale like a week early because, apparently, they were so excited for a new Vita game. Now here comes another big Vita game and it's MIA.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How do I find the papercraft plans?

nynt9

I have a friend who is considering this. If I could show them one video to get them hyped about that game, which video should that be?

So complained at Amzaon UK enough that they're sending me out a next day delivery copy. I can also keep the copy that hasn't arrived yet.

So two copys of Tearaway I'll have.

Downloaded the demo. Played to the first time it asks me if I would like to buy OH GOD YES YES YES HERE HAVE ALL MY MONEY! So beautiful. So charming. So brilliant. Bravo media molecule. Bravo :)

My game appears to be stuck... :/

Just fought the first scraps using the rear touchpad and now Atoi is just standing there. If I hit X a question mark appears above her head. Scripting error?

My game appears to be stuck... :/

Just fought the first scraps using the rear touchpad and now Atoi is just standing there. If I hit X a question mark appears above her head. Scripting error?

I reset the game and although my original settings are saved, it's still starting me from the very beginning..

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I spent like 10 minutes making stupid faces.

I did the Banderas gif.

Anyway I haven't bought this game yet, but I've been playing the trial for a while and it's amazing. I spent longer than I perhaps should have making my crown. It still ended up looking terrible. Still haven't beat the trial. It seems pretty lengthy for a trial, but I have been taking my time with it, looking around and soaking everything in. It's pretty cool I can see how much I'm enjoying it every now and then when the game shows my face.

Number45

I reset the game and although my original settings are saved, it's still starting me from the very beginning..
I haven't quit from the game yet, but I assume the bookmarks (which you won't have come across yet) are how the game saves - so you'll need to get to the next one before you have fully saved your progress.

Skyzard

Banned

Well, you reset the game, that may have been very early on...

The x question mark is not a scripting error (it's a tease), not sure why you were stuck though?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I was going to hold off on picking this up, but I currently have $23 in my PSN wallet thanks to the $10 I got from the promotion last month, and the $10 I got for buying a PS4, and I added another $10 the other day to buy some stuff. I'm assuming Tearaway cost $39.99, so I'm like, screw it, I'll drop $16 to pick it up today, it's a frigging steal. I gotta support Media Molecule. I only played Tearaway at E3 this year, but I had the biggest grin on my face the entire time.

Now to wait for the PSN to update.

Top Bottom