• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

RpgN

Played the game today, cleared 22%, took anywhere between 2:00 and 2:30 hours.

You guys weren't kidding with how beautiful, charming and enviting the game looks. And, this beauty is displayed in native resolution?! Or are my eyes deceiving me?!

MM once again managed to create a world that feels cohesive, original and just as good as many memorable games of our time. It was the gameplay that had me a bit worried. Not to say LBP1 was bad, but the controls weren't perfect (they were improved with the vita version). So far, this game controls fine. Very precise and yet while it uses different touch inputs.

Dare I say Tearaway makes the best use of rear touch pad so far? Not that it was a difficult task considering what's available, but the use of your finger feels so natural and right. It was smart to have your finger shown in the game.

Small touches like your face being displayed in-game, the choice of female character too (thank you for not forgetting MM, although the male version looks really cute too, I almost got tempted to use him) and small effects that make the world lively. Those touches make the game quite special.

Oh and it handled the collectathon in the most best way possible. I love collecting stuff in my games, this was made in a more creative way.

Anyone who hasn't bought this game, GO GET IT NOW!!!

Sitrus

What a great little gem here. Although it's short, it is full creativity. Going to be a game I pop in just to relax to the atmosphere and music.

Rated-G

Went to Best Buy to pick this up as well as the Wreck-It Ralph Disney Infinity figure that came out today, neither were on the shelves, and had to be pulled from the back. For some reason both items were in boxes marked with a December 10th street date. I had to show the manager the signage in the store that said "11/22" in order to get them to sell the items to me.

At the same time my gf went to Wal-Mart to pick up the Rapunzel Disney Infinity figure that came out today, and it was also stashed in the back in a box marked December 10th. She wasn't able to get them to sell it to her even after she showed them the availability on their website. She had to do site to store for them to let her have it.

Anyone know why these items would have this date?

EDIT: Should probably clarify this was the third store I'd attempted to buy Tearaway at (following two GameStops near work), and all of them told me they couldn't sell it until December 10th. The Best Buy just happened to be the first one that had ads showing the game's proper release date.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The fiddle song that's playing when you get your first squirrel papercraft sounds so familiar, I guess it's a traditional melody but was that song in an Assassin's Creed game or something? Driving me crazy...

Grisby

So it looks like Tearaway's North American preorders should come with the Atoi/Iota keyrings. Again SCEA, great job on the forewarning! I was going digital because of the lack of those items.
Bummer. Picked mine up at Gs and never got a keyring.

coughlanio

421dc7490da1739e2e45cfedcd759d1ae38b6e8e.jpg

Yer a wizard 'arry...

Just bought it on the store. There's nothing that could stop me from supporting this game, creativity in video games, MM, and the Vita with one purchase.

hohoXD123

Just beat the trial. I said I wasn't going to buy it yet since I have so many Vita games to play, but this is something else. I'm so tempted to just get it right now. It's more sensible to just wait until there's a deal on it and in the mean time finish Strangers Wrath, play through Sonic Racing when I get it on Plus next week and then play Rayman Legends which someone is buying me for christmas. I'm kinda set for Vita games for a while so I don't want to buy anything else right now.....but at the same time after that trial I really fucking want to continue playing Tearaway.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Do it.

I'm making it my mission to create a banderas Iota.

darkwing

Just beat the trial. I said I wasn't going to buy it yet since I have so many Vita games to play, but this is something else. I'm so tempted to just get it right now. It's more sensible to just wait until there's a deal on it and in the mean time finish Strangers Wrath, play through Sonic Racing when I get it on Plus next week and then play Rayman Legends which someone is buying me for christmas. I'm kinda set for Vita games for a while so I don't want to buy anything else right now.....but at the same time after that trial I really fucking want to continue playing Tearaway.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

get it, you won't regret it, so goooood (Banderas level)

Duster

What a charming game this is, can't really think of a more original comment as everybody seems to have the gushing covered.

So I'll focus on the negative, I believe some of the pictures in this thread and my own experience proves that suns and celestial bodies in general should not have beards as they just don't look right.

Played to about 10%, really enjoying it so far. Fantastic art direction, and while I initially scoffed at the camera popping my face up constantly, it's actually pretty funny and charming.

hohoXD123

As some reviews mentioned, the camera can be fairly annoying in some portions and the use of the back touchpad for sticking your fingers into the Tearaway world can be a bit unreliable at times. Tiny points but we need a bit of negativity in the sea of praise.

Certinty

Just completed the trial, by far the most charming game i've ever played, only game that perhaps even comes anywhere near is LBP.

Wish I had the time to go and buy a physical copy now though, but it can wait until tomorrow.

Grisby

Is this an NPC or can you make your own characters?
You can draw and cut objects and then stick them on your main character.

In fact, if you're terrible at drawing, like me, then this game actually makes you feel a bit sad/awesome with all of your ugly creations.

Hey guys, only got to play the first chapter last night, quick question though. Is there no jump button? It feels odd playinng this sort if game and not be able to jump.

Top Bottom