• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Can't wait for this, but no dispatch notice from Tesco yet. I have a feeling that despite all the hype being elsewhere, the highest-rated games of the season are going to be this, Zelda: ALBW and Mario 3D Land. Seen a few trailers on YouTube and I love the music so much. It looks delightful and charming.

Hasney

Can't wait for this, but no dispatch notice from Tesco yet. I have a feeling that despite all the hype being elsewhere, the highest-rated games of the season are going to be this, Zelda: ALBW and Mario 3D Land. Seen a few trailers on YouTube and I love the music so much. It looks delightful and charming.

They'll probably be dispatching tomorrow. My Vita pack is "processing in warehouse" so I'm guessing that will be dispatched tomorrow too.

link bahleeted

Site is banned here brah.

Moobabe

I have a hard time making my review short.. arghh. Once again my writing skills are not up to par,.

Just whack a "Tearaway is the next best thing to Mario 64 for Playstation owners and a fantastic title in it's own right. But wud b bettr on ps4, vita iz ded - 6.5/10"

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PlayStation Lifestyle.

Well I just checked to see if this is the kind of site that just gives every big PS exclusive a high score, and the good news is that they don't. I don't follow this site or read their reviews so I don't know how good or trustworthy their reviews generally are, but at the very least I can confirm they're not biased. So far things are looking good.

Well I just checked to see if this is the kind of site that just gives every big PS exclusive a high score, and the good news is that they don't. I don't follow this site or read their reviews so I don't know how good or trustworthy their reviews generally are, but at the very least I can confirm they're not biased. So far things are looking good.

I don't know either, but it's a fact that they point out some technical hiccups (such as bugs, glitches and pop-ins). It gives me a strange feeling, I would have expected a more polished title. Well, maybe a day-one patch will hit us so we can play happily ever after.

AmanoBuff

PSLS is actually one of the best sites for PS news and reviews. Their editor call out bs when he sees it and reviewers don't hesitate to be harsh when a game sucks. They got banned years ago iirc, but my experience reading them has always been excellent.

Stoked to see they gave Tearaway a 9/10.

Protome

I have a hard time making my review short.. arghh. Once again my writing skills are not up to par,.

My review ended up being over 1000 words before editing. I didn't even cover everything I wanted to :(
I need better writing skills. I bet I also used a hundred more commas than necessary.
Pretty sure I used the word "Adorable" a significant number of times too.

Is this game heavy on the user content creation aspect, or is it more of a Nintendo-esque platformer with a strong emphasis on the level design and craft of the team behind it? Just curious as to whether it leans more towards LittleBigPlanet or Mario.

thespaff

Double Fine
How come? What was the process behind this decission, just wondering what tipped you over?

Hmm, oh the Polygon piece mentions it actually...

In addition to the normal work required to produce the game, that sense of balancing the crazy ideas is what carried the project from announcement through to completion.

"One of the challenges we have of these various different concepts [is] how do you pull them together and make them simple for people to understand," says Reddy.

"And not feel like you are doing these sort of quicktime events," adds Crowle. "That's the last thing we want to end up with — that we're just replacing stamping X with tilting wildly for 10 seconds."

For scratching the record player, that meant including it in the game in small doses so players wouldn't tire of it. For screaming into the microphone, that meant pulling back from Iota's horn and instead using it for select moments that wouldn't scare as many strangers overhearing things in public. For the fingers in the floor, that meant only letting players poke them through in certain areas where the ground appears thinner.

Looking back, Crowle says most of the fourth-wall features from that trailer made it into the final game. The team had found a way to be creative within a focused concept.

So we do use the microphone from time to time, but not for the shouting / blowing stuff we showed in the announce trailer.

Although mild spoiler, sort of:
The game will actually react in a non gameplay affecting way if you blow on it, or make a loud noise - try it. :) FYI you can disable this effect in the settings, in a loud place like a train it can get a bit extreme!

Beant

Hmm, oh the Polygon piece mentions it actually...

So we do use the microphone from time to time, but not for the shouting / blowing stuff we showed in the announce trailer.

Although mild spoiler, sort of:
The game will actually react in a non gameplay affecting way if you blow on it, or make a loud noise - try it. :) FYI you can disable this effect in the settings, in a loud place like a train it can get a bit extreme!

The news so nice he posted it thrice!

Woohoo!

Takao

Banned
Gibbet_hill.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So far 2/3 of the games I'm looking most forward to play this month and next have gotten almost perfect scores

now fly fly fly tomorrow, make the holidays perfect Tearaway! :D

Takao

Banned
So far 2/3 of the games I'm looking most forward to play this month and next have gotten almost perfect scores

now fly fly fly tomorrow, make the holidays perfect Tearaway! :D

I don't expect a tonne of 9.5 and 10s, but I imagine the average will be in the high 80s.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't expect a tonne of 9.5 and 10s, but I imagine the average will be in the high 80s.

As long as they tell me it's not completely broken or unplayable, I'll be fine :)

I like everything I've seen of it yet so I'd probably chip in anyway

Zemm

I haven't seen a single PS4 advert here yet but saw two for Tearaway today on Sky Atlantic :) Hopefully it gets the word out for the game and Vita.

oggob

*sigh* Picked this up before work this morning, (finally AU doesn't get the short end of the stick for something)... but now I have to wait out the day to give it a run!

Top Bottom