• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

aro52

Gonna be on vacation for a week, starting Saturday, that includes a couple plane rides and long car rides. Perfect timing with this releasing on Friday!

cyborg009

Banned
I wish the game got a limited edition Vita. We didn't get one for Killzone or the Soul Sacrifice one in Japan.

Sorry for making a mess of this thread, here have a GIF we haven't used yet to make up for it:

GodFinger.gif

:)

Nice !!
did SCEA bother to market the game? i wish they start.

They didn't market any of the previous first party titles this year...

traveler

Not Wario
I had dismissed this due to its designer's pedigree, but the across the board positive reception has sold me. (Although I'm pretty sure LBP had that too, so maybe I should be a bit more cautious?) This is the first actual Vita title I will buy for my launch day purchased Vita. Time to see what physical media for this machine actually look like!

So...brilliant game...after handheld tax...8/10?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715595

Edit: This isn't out today? They aren't releasing it on a Tuesday?!?! And not just any off day, but the same exact one as the biggest platformer of the year?!?!?!!?? It's like they want it to die. :(

co1onel

He should have said Vita tax, not handheld tax.

Although mild spoiler, sort of:
The game will actually react in a non gameplay affecting way if you blow on it, or make a loud noise - try it. :) FYI you can disable this effect in the settings, in a loud place like a train it can get a bit extreme!

My guess is that the paper blows around in the wind when you blow into it. That would be cool.

AndrewPL

I played a demo of this at an event recently and didn't have any fun as it was just running around and gimmicky touch screen events.

I don't enjoy the LBP games and didn't have much hope for this one, I hope the good reviews keep coming in and this is actually a good game, for the sake of the Vita (although, I'm still happy with the vita for PS+ freebies and Persona/ retro JRPGs)

I do find it hard to buy games for playstation as they could easily be free on PS+ before I have time to play them (Can't wait for Gaucamelee in December!)

Will keep an eye on this one

Hey guys, this is a minor thing, but I'd love if someone could answer.

Does this game allow multiple saves? One of my biggest problems with Guacamelee is that my wife can't play through the story without erasing my save. I'm hoping this one is different.

Picked the game up this morning~ Got the bonus keyring with it even though I didn't pre-order. Now for it to sit in my bag all day until I finish work. :(

Perfect. Now i know about the keyring :(
I want it! O_O

My game should be here tomorrow or the day after. Amazon.de seems to have sent it out early.

shink

Boo. The keyring and DLC pack has a supplier delay (AU JB Hifi). At least the game is being sent today though.

mandiller

This game is amazing. I've played about half an hour so far. The game has an incredible amount of charm. The graphics, art style, music and interactivity are fantastic.

The game looks very smooth (no jaggies) in game on the Vita and the framerate is great.

A few pics:

Teknoman

This might seem like an odd question, but is there a set graphic for the finger, or does the game somehow use the camera for the player's actual finger?

I played a demo of this at an event recently and didn't have any fun as it was just running around and gimmicky touch screen events.

I don't enjoy the LBP games and didn't have much hope for this one, I hope the good reviews keep coming in and this is actually a good game, for the sake of the Vita (although, I'm still happy with the vita for PS+ freebies and Persona/ retro JRPGs)

I do find it hard to buy games for playstation as they could easily be free on PS+ before I have time to play them (Can't wait for Gaucamelee in December!)

Will keep an eye on this one

I'm hoping so too. I like the LBP series for their choice of soundtrack, graphic style, and the ability to express your own stories through the create mode, but if it was just played as a regular platformer...probably wouldnt be that great.

They've got an amazing sense of style, hopefully the gameplay carries over past the initial wow moments.

This might seem like an odd question, but is there a set graphic for the finger, or does the game somehow use the camera for the player's actual finger?

It's not your actual finger, meaning (I know a lot of people are wondering) that you can select the skin tone and you also have to choose between "big hands" and "little hands".

PaulloDEC

Anyone pre-ordering from JB Hifi, you might want to call your local store to check they've got stock. Just spoke to mine, seems like the shipment got delayed or somesuch and might not be around until next week. Gonna have to cancel my pre-order and resort to EB Games instead, last thing I need on PS4 launch week is another game to play.

Ammatar

Neo Member
i wish they would release this as a digital download for ps4. i will never own a vita =/

This is the single PS Vita title least likely to make the jump to other platforms.

It sucks when a lot of the hype around Tearaway is "please release for something I already own." It's like when we get a single exclusive, purpose built game, people be tryin to take it away.

co1onel

IGN's new preview is making me very exciting for this. Friday can't come soon enough. They said the full review will up at midnight tonight, I hope other sites follow suit.

zroid

Banned
IGN's new preview is making me very exciting for this. Friday can't come soon enough. They said the full review will up at midnight tonight, I hope other sites follow suit.

Pacific, I'm guessing? Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow to reviews as glowing as for the other two games releasing on Nov 22.

What's an Xbox One?

I'm so ready for this game. I actually never finished playing the demo because I wanted to take it all in at once on launch day. The huge smile on my face within the first few minutes of the demo was all I needed to make the purchase.

Top Bottom