• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

co1onel

hmmm..I didn´t time my playthrough 100%.. but I think I used 8-9 hours (but I also collected some stuff and fooled around) for my first playthrough.Used 20-30 hours to 100% the game. I could probably run through the game in around 2-3 hours now, if I skip everything and never stop.
The thing is (for me at least), the length of the game feels just right. No filler stuff or drawn out missions.. just pure gaming bliss.. BUY IT GUYS: ;o)

Too bad the Vita is too hard to record and the install base is too small, it seems like Tearaway would be a great speedrunning game.

PaulloDEC

Oh man, the music in this game. I'm not usually the kinda guy that pays a lot of attention to in-game music, but it's so good here. Make sure you use good headphones, people.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys pronounce "Iota" anyway?

The subtitle - never was a fan of it, still think the comparison to M64 is pretty meh - looks almost unreadable to me, lol

is it "Eye-ota", "Yota" or "Ay-ota" ?

co1onel

How do you guys pronounce "Iota" anyway?

The subtitle - never was a fan of it, still think the comparison to M64 is pretty meh - looks almost unreadable to me, lol

is it "Eye-ota", "Yota" or "Ay-ota" ?

I think the OT is a reference to Toto saying the graphics looked like an N64 game.

nampad

Already preloaded and installed it. Surprisingly the game unlocks at 0:00 CET instead of the usual 1:00. Always thought it was stupid that the rest of Europe has to wait for the British because of the time difference.

Fabrik

Banned
hmmm..I didn´t time my playthrough 100%.. but I think I used 8-9 hours (but I also collected some stuff and fooled around) for my first playthrough.Used 20-30 hours to 100% the game. I could probably run through the game in around 2-3 hours now, if I skip everything and never stop.
The thing is (for me at least), the length of the game feels just right. No filler stuff or drawn out missions.. just pure gaming bliss.. BUY IT GUYS: ;o)

What do you have to do to 100% the game? The game does seem a tad on the short side.

Shengar

Congrats for those numbers, definitely impressive.

Also, is Tearaway the kind of game with occasional DLC? If not then I'll probably buy the Asia version since the price disparity is noticeable here.

Hope the reviews will get this game more attention. I had my doubts at first since I've never been a LBP fan (loved the style, but never could adjust to the handling), but Tearaway seems to be great in every way.

Frl86hl.jpg

This game is rad.

zroid

Banned
hopefully we can put the vita tax meme to rest, finally. rest in pieces.

what an amazing day Friday will be for gaming.

IzzyF3

Does anyone know if Tearaway preorder bonuses are available at Best Buy? It doesn't say it is on the BB website. I want the 20% off with the gamers club unlocked.

Skyzard

Banned
hopefully we can put the vita tax meme to rest, finally. rest in pieces.

Tearaway is an exception for obvious reasons (its unlike other console games). But who is to say, without Vita tax it could have been 12/10. Anyway, let's keep this thread decent but check out killzone mercenary metacritic for clarification. There's a reason there has been so many posts about it worrying.

trixx

Tearaway is an exception for obvious reasons (its unlike other console games). But who is to say, without Vita tax it could have been 12/10. Anyway, let's keep this thread decent but check out killzone mercenary metacritic for clarification. There's a reason there has been so many posts about it worrying.

Killzone mercenary scored better than shadow fall?

This game looks absolutely fantastic mad that i can't get a vita. I will likely get one before any of the next gen consoles anyways

Oh, man. Those reviews! I am so excited for this game, but how will I have enough time to give both my PS4 and Tearaway my love and affection?!

zroid

Banned
Oh, man. Those reviews! I am so excited for this game, but how will I have enough time to give both my PS4 and Tearaway my love and affection?!

Well, considering the first PS4 game to even have a shot at being as good Tearaway won't be out for few more months, I think it's clear where your priorities should be at right now. ;)

Gamerloid

Those scores.., I'm proud to have been apart of this OT :)

Also updated spelling errors and added reviews.

Now all that's left is the sales. GAF gives me hope this will sale well, but GAF is just a small percentage in game sales. I hope others feel the same way, but even if they do, Mario, Zelda, and the Xbox One...

I kinda wish Sony would release it worldwide the same time as Japan's release date. That way Tearaway could get its own personal spotlight instead of sharing it with big franchise and a console.

Strider

I didn't even realize until just now the preorder bonuses I was getting with this game from Amazon. I really haven't kept up with this game too much other than a couple of the trailers. I knew I would really like this game based on those alone.

But the soundtrack included is great and I'll be using that Iota avatar come Friday :)

Sooooo I assume Sony won't be bothering to update the psn store with this on Friday and I'll have to wait until next Tuesday to download it?

They'll probably update the store when it comes out; they did that with Batman a few weeks ago, so I don't see why Tearaway wouldn't get the same treatment.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
3WoCB70.jpg

Just noticed my keyring is broken. There's an envelope on the side of his head that's snapped off. Oh well.
My goodness I would love that little thing.

Oh yeah <3

BZfZbcmCUAA1DEI.jpg:orig
CUTE OVERLOAD KDSJHFKDSJ

Frl86hl.jpg

This game is rad.
LOL

I asked in the review thread but does Tom or any MM rep know what the US PSN price will be? I hope it's discounted on digital to 34.99.

I just want to be able to pre-order like Euro folk!!!

Oh well, I have a PS4 to hold me over /ZING

Darksol

Found it in Walmart here in Canada for under $40 bucks. I immediately fetch the nearest clerk and ask for him to get it out of the display so that I may buy it. Right as I'm about to hand over the cash a manager comes running out of nowhere to decline the sale :(

Curses! We hates it forever!

zroid

Banned
Found it in Walmart here in Canada for under $40 bucks. I immediately fetch the nearest clerk and ask for him to get it out of the display so that I may buy it. Right as I'm about to hand over the cash a manager comes running out of nowhere to decline the sale :(

Curses! We hates it forever!

fuckin' managers ruin everything

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well Metal Gear Rising is total ass, so fair play to them for scoring it accurately.

I now have new found respect for PSLS.

Ugh, I'm almost embarrased to be hyped for the same game as you now :p

Iota is an actual word, so why wouldn't you pronounce it that way?

idk, English is not my first language, don't even know what it means tbh

aro52

How intensive/active is the forth wall stuff?
How much am I going to annoy my seatmates while playing this on a couple flights this weekend?!

Hasney

How intensive/active is the forth wall stuff?
How much am I going to annoy my seatmates while playing this on a couple flights this weekend?!

By the sounds of the reviews, you'll annoy them anyway with joyous giggling throughout your playing.

Top Bottom