• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Netflix's Castlevania (July 7, animation, written by Warren Ellis)

duckroll

New piece of key art :)

Irc0s7y.jpg

Pity they didn't call it Akuma Joe Dracula in Japan.

Ahasverus

I actually want them to adapt The Aventure/Belmont's Revenge first than CV1. Soleil's tragedy is more... tragic than Simon's vanilla tale (unless you count his MoF appearance which was the first time Simon was a character)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Love the homage to one of my favorite pieces of gaming artwork ever, but it emphasizes how disappointing the MC's outfit is.

I was hoping this would embrace the barbarian aesthetic of the original game.

Watch the teaser dude, there's at least one Belmont with a big furry coat :p

This is Trevor Belmont / Castlevania III's story, if they do the Simon story eventually they'll probably incorporate that into the design.
Ah, okay. I wish it was Simon.

Watch the teaser dude, there's at least one Belmont with a big furry coat :p
I saw the teaser, but if this is Trevor's story, then I'm not sure who that's supposed to be.

(Though Trevor's original design was barbarian-esque too.)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really hope this proves there's a market for serious mature cartoons. Not everything needs to be comedy.

Cuburt

Wow. I was really skeptical but that looks good.

I like how they put the NES influence right out in the open upfront. It could be the Castlevania film I wanted as a kid.

DeathPeak

Totally on board with this. Looks promising! I never got that much into Castlevania. May try to play through a few before July.

Unrelated to this, but I realize now that I've completely warmed up to the idea of Transmetropolitan as a Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/Whatever animated series. Live action would either look like shit or be too expensive.

Is this anime? I've never watched anime but I'll have to give this a try. I hope I don't end up with one of those character body pillows.

Just saw Duckroll's post. I'll stand down. :)

Trrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!

Shame he doesn't have his gold armour, but this looks great. Will have to remember to sign up for netflix in july.

Do netflix do BD releases?

Top Bottom